• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Sariku

Smash Master
But quickscoping is also real, it's a game mechanic that's as extremely inconsistent as using the Ballistic Knife
THE BALLISTIC KNIFE REPLACED QUICK SCOPING CONFIRMED!!1!1ONE11!
errr... sorry. that was... bad Dojo update memories, just kinda came forth, you know? X:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
If that's how you want to put it, then yes, I don't like the ballistic knife either. I like winning, not trying to be cute with special weapons. Once again, it belongs in FFA gametypes, not team based games where it cripples the team to have scrubs running around with it.

On another note, I love this game, but I'm about to scream if I get killed by another RC car. I played a game of HQ with some friends and went 54-5. One death was from a gun, the other 4 all toy cars. It's the most ridiculous thing to see people using hardline and getting 2 kills for an automatic kill or more. No arguing that it's not an automatic kill either, because unless you get lucky and shoot it, you're going to get killed. You'd have to be mentally challenged not to get a kill with that thing.

Bad kids = butt hurt. :(

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
...I'm sorry?

I've seen people who've tried to spend the entire match Ballistic Knifing people who've gone just as much as bad as Kazooie has said just to try to get a cute montage in

The only thing I can think of that actually makes the knife worthwhile is the fact that it acts as a Tac Knife, but besides panic knifing, people barely use it to just knife anyways.

EDIT: Ah ok Ninja Pro'd then :p

God I hate the RC Car. It's the most retardedly broken 3 kill streak in the history of CoD :urg:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Screw making it a 4 kill one, it'd still be retardedly broken even WITH Hardline. It's not that hard to get a 3 kill streak that kills anyone

A 5 killstreak would be better and would make Hardline less annoying (well, I personally have no problem with it's actual function besides the RC Car problem) and nobody would be dying every 5 minutes because you explode randomly because of an RC Car

And that's another thing. For the love of God fix the noise the RC Car makes. It makes the exact same pitch and noise when it's far away than when it's right next to you. I hear it low, and you think it'd be far away until you explode randomly and you see XXX killed YYY with RC Car on the bottom left or something >_>

Sariku

Smash Master
Speaking of the RC-XD hate... what's everyone's top five killstreaks (on your player card, not preference)? These are mine:

1. Spy Plane - 337
2. RC-XD - 265
3. Napalm Strike - 153
4. Counter Spy Plane - 58
5. Care Package - 53

And for the hell of it...

6. Attack Helicoptor - 52
7. Sam Turret - 13
8. Chopper Gunner - 13
9. Mortar Team - 12
10. Sentry Gun - 10
11. Valkyrie Rockets - 8
12. Attack Dogs - 4
13. Black Bird - 3
14. Rolling Thunder - 1 (Though yesterday I got TWO but never got a ****ing chance to call them in. I hate this game.)
15. Gunship - 0

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of the RC-XD hate... what's everyone's top five killstreaks (on your player card, not preference)? These are mine:

1. Spy Plane - 337
2. RC-XD - 265
3. Napalm Strike - 153
4. Counter Spy Plane - 58
5. Care Package - 53

And for the hell of it...

6. Attack Helicoptor - 52
7. Sam Turret - 13
8. Chopper Gunner - 13
9. Mortar Team - 12
10. Sentry Gun - 10
11. Valkyrie Rockets - 8
12. Attack Dogs - 4
13. Black Bird - 3
14. Rolling Thunder - 1 (Though yesterday I got TWO but never got a ****ing chance to call them in. I hate this game.)
15. Gunship - 0
They're:

RC-XD - 281
Care Package - 135
Attack Helicopter - 48
Spy Plane - 34
Napalm Strike - 26

Yeah... there WAS a tiem where I had Hardline Pro coupled with the RC which is why my RC Car count is so high, but I decided that it was extremely unfair and selfish which is why I dropped it for my current setup of Attack Helicopter -> Chopper Gunner -> Dogs

I don't get why they're illegal these days. What makes them so different from other detachable blades?

Sariku

Smash Master
They're:

RC-XD - 281
Care Package - 135
Attack Helicopter - 48
Spy Plane - 34
Napalm Strike - 26

Yeah... there WAS a tiem where I had Hardline Pro coupled with the RC which is why my RC Car count is so high, but I decided that it was extremely unfair and selfish which is why I dropped it for my current setup of Attack Helicopter -> Chopper Gunner -> Dogs

I don't get why they're illegal these days. What makes them so different from other detachable blades?

There isn't anything wrong with using RC-XD's :p
Sure, I'd rather you use Spy Plane if you're on my team, but I used them for a reason (I didn't have hardline on when I used them, btw)- they work. They get you kills. Why not use them? :p

Andddd. Because I don't think most detachable blades can fire like a ballistic knife can, x]

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Because Sariku, as I said it's extremely unfair and selfish. Besides, it doesn't give me the challenge I crave, which is why I go with my current setup

Sariku

Smash Master
Again, I don't think it's selfish at all. it's a toned down 3 kill predator missile. You didn't complain about people using Preds in MW2. Or is that just because it didn't overlap with the UAV? :/

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Again, I don't think it's selfish at all. it's a toned down 3 kill predator missile. You didn't complain about people using Preds in MW2. Or is that just because it didn't overlap with the UAV? :/
Toned up 3 kill predator missile***

I complained 24/7 about predator missiles. It's now only a 3 killstreak, 2 with hardline.

Sariku

Smash Master
I say toned down just because the amount of time that you could be getting MORE kills, you're stuck in a corner controlling an RC car. Plus, it doesn't add kills to your killstreak. So I don't think it's toned up at all.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
First off, I hated the Pred Missile (Running Riot can tell you that)

Second off, it's a 3 kill predator missile

3/2 kills. So we have Hardline with an RC car and you're a good player, or screw it, even a scrubby player. You know how much RC cars you'll end up at the end of the match? My strategy when I was an RC ***** was die as much as possible to rack up more RCs and let them loose at the later half of the match. I had as much as 15 RCs at a time and I just used RC to RC to RC to RC

I ended up going like 30-40 because of all teh cars I ended up with. My team still lost though. And you know why that is? BECAUSE I KILLED MYSELF ON PURPOSE TO GET THE ****ED RC CAR. That is extremely selfish and if somebody else followed the exact same strategy I used, then your team will end up losing most of the time.

Selfish. As. ****.

Fletch

Smash Master
First off, I hated the Pred Missile (Running Riot can tell you that)

Second off, it's a 3 kill predator missile

3/2 kills. So we have Hardline with an RC car and you're a good player, or screw it, even a scrubby player. You know how much RC cars you'll end up at the end of the match? My strategy when I was an RC ***** was die as much as possible to rack up more RCs and let them loose at the later half of the match. I had as much as 15 RCs at a time and I just used RC to RC to RC to RC

I ended up going like 30-40 because of all teh cars I ended up with. My team still lost though. And you know why that is? BECAUSE I KILLED MYSELF ON PURPOSE TO GET THE ****ED RC CAR. That is extremely selfish and if somebody else followed the exact same strategy I used, then your team will end up losing most of the time.

Selfish. As. ****.
So you're saying RC cars aren't very good.

Sariku

Smash Master
That sounds more like a personal issue, tbh :/
I haven't played against a player who has been able to spam RC cars. Not successfully anyways.
Look, my argument is that anyone who doesn't play like a Jew that happens to use RC-XD's doesn't really mean selfish. Opinions are opinions, done.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

My guess (and very well could be the reasoning) is that it's:

1) A concealable weapon

2) PROJECTILE (this is the biggest part)

A concealable weapon that in some cases is easier to hide than a gun (sans metal detectors) that is also a projectile is no bueno.

Just a guess, but I can look into it if you're curious. Lord knows I am now too.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[COLOR="Red" panic knifing[/COLOR]
God that term pisses me off. I'm two inches away from the enemy, do you honestly expect me to hip fire, possibly give away my position, and waste ammo when I can kill him in one shot with my knife? Why on earth would I shoot?

Sariku

Smash Master
God that term pisses me off. I'm two inches away from the enemy, do you honestly expect me to hip fire, possibly give away my position, and waste ammo when I can kill him in one shot with my knife? Why on earth would I shoot?
I think when they use that term, they mean when you just see someone so you smash in both analog sticks. Though I use Tactical layout, so you can't really panic knife..

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Analog sticks? What witchcraft are you speaking of?

People still complain about it on the PC version.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Yeah, Panic Knifing is a Console thing where people basically squeeze their controller when something surprises them. The fact that PC players complain about that is ludicrous.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well, of course it's fair game. How could anyone say it isn't? That's like saying that if someone turns the corner, you should just let them go, :p
You'd be surprised how many CoD YouTube commentators I've heard complain about it. They say that it should be a "2 hit kill".

They mad.

Sariku

Smash Master
You'd be surprised how many CoD YouTube commentators I've heard complain about it. They say that it should be a "2 hit kill".

They mad.
Noooope, no thank you, :p
If I wanted to play Halo, I'd play Halo.
I don't think Search would be fun if you couldn't knife. stuff would become a cluster****.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
How is it "stupid"? The knife should always be a one hit kill IMO.
The melee system is so flawed that it's an easy kill at close range and it makes guns that should be good in CQC (ie. shotguns, SMGs) useless. It's like, I see you first, I shoot and put bullets into you, the red flashes and you get scared, mash your right stick and pray the lunge saves you and more often than not, you'll get a bull**** kill.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I find it really stupid that I can lose a gunfight just because someone mashes their controller. The huge lunge included doesn't help. Personally, I feel that it takes away some skill required in playing the game.

Sariku

Smash Master
The lunges are stupid. I hate that ****, but you can't fault OHKO's because the knifing system is broken. I think if they were all MW2 knifes, without Commando, I'd have no reason to complain.

Also, ballistic knifers are pissing me off >>;
I hate losing a kill streak to those people.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I played a TON of Halo CE back in the day. Melee was completely worthless because it was a two-hit kill (unless you attack from behind) and it was really slow. In later Halo games, you get the infamous shotgun beatdown combination. People don't really complain about it, though. It works well because even though it doesn't kill in one hit, it's fast enough that you can follow up with a shotgun blast for a quick kill. Call of Duty's knifing is a one-hit kill, and it's kind of balanced out by the cooldown lag. But the cooldown lag doesn't really matter when your opponent is dead. So it's not really balanced at all.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, I'm completely stuffed and don't want to move. so if anyone wants to play some games, PSN, I'll probably be up for it. Unless they call for desert, then I'll mad rush out for a few minutes.

EDIT: Wow, some Crossbow kid is ****** out team up and down in SnD. People shouldn't be allowed to be good with the crossbow, haha. that was humiliating.

Top Bottom