• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
SuSa, Den Kirson's page is where that image of the gun stats was ripped from, I posted it a while back, and F8AL added it to the OP around that time as well.

Anyhoo by request, the G11:
Damage: 35-25 (35 below 37.5m, declines slowly to 25 at 50m)
Fire Time: 0.048ms
RoF: 525RPM, 3 Round Burst
Clip Size: 48
Reload Times: 2.7s reload, 3.85 empty, 2.0 "add"
ADS: 0.2s
Recoil: Will always kick up and to the right, but the recoil is so little it's very rare you'll even notice it without using an attachment.
Recommended Attachment(s): No attachment, both the Low Power Scope and the Sniper Scope suck on the G11, and the iron sights are great.
Things I've noticed, but am too lazy to put it anywhere particular: The G11 has a hipfire spread equal to that of SMGs. Combine that with the least recoil and Steady Aim, and it becomes really easy to kill at a distance without even going ADS.

For those of you who I know will ask: "add" for reload is the time that it will take to wait before canceling a reload animation and still have it count. If you don't reload cancel already, you should start now.

Firetime is the RoF for fully automatic weapons, but to get the RoF, divide it by 60. You can't do this for burst weapons, I don't know why. It's fairly irrelevant for 3 round burst weapons, as there is they add a 0.2s delay between bursts, which lowers the actual RoF of the gun, I don't really understand it too well, and I'm not sure why I'm including it.

Sariku

Smash Master
Anyone want to play some SnD with me until I prestige? Then I'll do TDM or **** like that. If you want to, post here. or invite me to a game, or whatever.

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright, SuSa :p
As long as we don't get terrible SnD maps like Villa, Cracked, or WMD, I think I'll be going pretty positive now :p

That nuketown demo put my KDR from 1.3 to 1.27.
fml.

I hate you, SuSa. Anytime we play together, we get Cracked.
Are you cursed? D:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Cracked... lmao... the irony.

EDIT:
Why did you look right? D= Your teammate was on the right.. gunfire was coming from the left..

****NN YOUUU :V

My motion sensor picked you up just then too...

EDIT:

S&D is still stupid.: Confirmed.

Who the **** camps their own spawn when their the attackers?

*spawns*
*places claymore*
*backs into corner*
hur hur I'm so pro

**** this I'm camping.

EDIT2:
*puts on flak jacket*
Should've known at the end there would be a RC car... =|

Sariku

Smash Master
Cracked... lmao... the irony.

EDIT:
Why did you look right? D= Your teammate was on the right.. gunfire was coming from the left..

****NN YOUUU :V

My motion sensor picked you up just then too...
I was looking right after you killed my first team mate. I was thinking you'd run in the door, so I was busy aiming down my site. then you killed a SECOND team mate from the same area...

so I just came out.
EDIT: Stop taking the same route, x] You're becoming obvious, hah

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
No... but they said they'd wait for you to go into detail. :V

But... it wasn't more detail. D=

EDIT:
Time to own Sariku.
Lol, yeah, I just saw his post and posted a reply, I didn't look at any posts pasts that. Your post is basically the same as mine, but mine looks better :D

Sariku

Smash Master
I have a mic, x]
Rock Band, baby, x]
And I'm using it, :p
are you in our game?

BTW, SuSa, I was trying to draw people out with my SAM Turret, hah. Shame that I can't kill tos save my life, x]

SuSa, after this match, me, you, and TehPh1r3 will form a party. if any other PSN players want to play SnD with us, I guess you have until this match ends, x]

SuSa

I knifed it for the points because I don't plan on getting any kills in S&D.

****ing stupid *** game mode. <_< /HATE

I can't hear you on your mic.. that or you never talk

"Let's go in splitscreen. You camp the left corner. I'll camp the right corner."

I almost had them both too.....

Sariku

Smash Master
I knifed it for the points because I don't plan on getting any kills in S&D.

****ing stupid *** game mode. <_< /HATE

I can't hear you on your mic.. that or you never talk

"Let's go in splitscreen. You camp the left corner. I'll camp the right corner."

I almost had them both too.....
I don't talk TOO much. X]
but I do talk. other people can hear me. I'll try to talk more.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh boy?

Just give more reason for others to use the sniper rifles.

I still won't, though. I have never found them useful, and in these maps as small as they are, I don't see a use for them in this game.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
MW2 made me grow out of Sniping because it was super boring. But let's see what happens.

Lol, that kid in the video really needs to practice reading out loud. It was pretty funny.

SuSa

**** search I'm done. I'm ****ing sick and tired of going 1-5 and playing like 5 minutes of an hour. I bought this game to ****ing play it, not sit in a corner or die to a guy sitting in a ****ing corner. Best part? I can't go back and kill the ****er in the corner. Because no ****ing respawns.

Sariku

Smash Master
**** search I'm done. I'm ****ing sick and tired of going 1-5 and playing like 5 minutes of an hour. I bought this game to ****ing play it, not sit in a corner or die to a guy sitting in a ****ing corner. Best part? I can't go back and kill the ****er in the corner. Because no ****ing respawns.

fair opinion, :p
I enjoy the game. it's just slower paced.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I usually really enjoy S&D, until I get tubed/RPGd/Noscoped. Motion sensors help a lot. Despite what people say, you don't have to camp with it. You can put it at a wall before you run into a room and generally see who's in the room (Sans Hacker Pro, of course). It's great.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I tend to run, hide, drop it, see if anyone is near, then pick it up and advance, then repeat. It's great when trying to capture the enemy's flag at times.

SuSa

Ignore this.

/erage

I'm getting bull****ted so much.

Apparently RPG's are as strong as grinding crackers on top of your head. Doesn't kill a guy with ghost when it was pretty much POINT BLACK AT HIS HEAD.... was going for final killcam.

*shoots rocket*
*he lives*

WTF

EDIT:

12-2... camping one spot.. THE ENTIRE ****ING TIME.

I'm doing that til my K/D recovers. Went from 2.05 with the M16 to a 1.98 (this is gun K/D not actual K/D).... alllllll from S&D.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
First i wanna say screw everyone who saw my post on page 117 and didnt even bother replying. Now that being said, can someone please explain why....doesnt the killcam show me shooting at a guy that kills me, when clearly i shot at and hit him?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
First i wanna say screw everyone who saw my post on page 117 and didnt even bother replying. Now that being said, can someone please explain why....doesnt the killcam show me shooting at a guy that kills me, when clearly i shot at and hit him?
This thread moves fast, chill out.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm gonna go with lag. It happens sometimes, and it's annoying, but there is going to be delay in system communication with your net and then communicating that to everyone you're playing with and vice versa.

Maybe one day when we're all on fiber optic/something faster, it won't be an issue.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Your first response was better, F8AL. But I can see that as a mod, I guess that response is more suitable.

I been playing call of duty for awhile, but i have friends that play halo. After many arguements and searching on the net, Im wondering does call of duty requires skill? Im not going to try to compare it to halo since we focusing on cod.(black ops to be specific) I feel cod requires a lot of tactics but by defintion of skill pertaining to video gaming(shooters)what skills do you need in call of duty?
The number one arguemement i get is that you die so quickly in cod so for that reason alone you dont need any skill, which is why total noobs can come in and kill the best player....which i "kinda sort of" agree with.
Basically what im asking is what are your opinions? I know some things about the game but not everything to the point which i can defend myself against 5 or more halo lovers.
I'm assuming that this was your question, I'm set to 40PPP, so I'm only at page 45.

Does CoD take skill: Yes. Black Ops especially takes a lot more skill than any other Call of Duty to date. It's not the same set of skills that Halo requires, not by a longshot. But to be consistent in this game requires skill. I'd personally say Halo is more of a game of Accuracy and Team Communication, and Call of Duty is a game of Twitch, Map Knowledge, Understanding Chokepoints and Player Habits, as well as Accuracy to a degree, but not at the level of Halo. But in Call of Duty Team Communication is more of an afterthought. But then again, I never really got into Halo, partially due to problems with my Xbox, mainly not being able to play Wired anymore, so my opinion probably doesn't really matter much.

By the way, joking or not, saying things like screw you because I overlooked your post gets you nowhere.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Your first response was better, F8AL. But I can see that as a mod, I guess that response is more suitable.

I'm assuming that this was your question, I'm set to 40PPP, so I'm only at page 45.

Does CoD take skill: Yes. Black Ops especially takes a lot more skill than any other Call of Duty to date. It's not the same set of skills that Halo requires, not by a longshot. But to be consistent in this game requires skill. I'd personally say Halo is more of a game of Accuracy and Team Communication, and Call of Duty is a game of Twitch, Map Knowledge, Understanding Chokepoints and Player Habits, as well as Accuracy to a degree, but not at the level of Halo. But in Call of Duty Team Communication is more of an afterthought. But then again, I never really got into Halo, partially due to problems with my Xbox, mainly not being able to play Wired anymore, so my opinion probably doesn't really matter much.

By the way, joking or not, saying things like screw you because I overlooked your post gets you nowhere.
Saying it got me what i needed =) but i appreciate your insight. Since i begin playing Black ops I noticed my aim was off and i had to work on that especially since it takes longer to kill, which is a good thing sort of. Cod is my game and ima beast but ppl say its only so because of the easy kills. the map knowledge i agree with the most, to me cod has the most complex maps than any other shooter i've played.

Top Bottom