• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I want to see maps with multiple floors in this game.

Or just larger maps.

It also couldn't help for them to take pointers from other multiplayer games to fix their game type, such as for CTF - they should make it so the flag carrier can't attack, like in Halo. Something like allowing them to shoots as well, bugs me. That, and make it so to recover a flag isn't instantaneous, but have some recovery time.

:|

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna go with lag. It happens sometimes, and it's annoying, but there is going to be delay in system communication with your net and then communicating that to everyone you're playing with and vice versa.

Maybe one day when we're all on fiber optic/something faster, it won't be an issue.
Dedicated servers. Removes host advantage so people with Walmart modems don't get host. You're basically paying for poor P2P on the 360.

@ Chaoser: Please be respectful when posting questions in this thread in the future, thank you.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I want to see maps with multiple floors in this game.

Or just larger maps.

It also couldn't help for them to take pointers from other multiplayer games to fix their game type, such as for CTF - they should make it so the flag carrier can't attack, like in Halo. Something like allowing them to shoots as well, bugs me. That, and make it so to recover a flag isn't instantaneous, but have some recovery time.

:|
The problem with this is mainly how the health system is in this game. In Halo, you can deal with not being able to attack because you can take a lot more shots, so a team that's capable of covering your escape can actually allow you to make a capture. Similarly, for returning, in Halo you can withstand a grenade, and you have Bubble Shields or whatnot to help you defend yourself from outside attack. In CoD, you can eat maybe 5 bullets, at max range, but it's more like 3. Also, a well placed explosive on the team trying to return the flag would wipe them all out and make it nigh impossible to accomplish this goal. So, the game becomes somewhat broken. The team that has grabbed a flag can slowly but surely make their way to their base, as the defending side will have an impossible time recovering it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I got quickscoped about 10 times today. It was pretty stupid.

I don't make much of it, but it's going to start bothering me, I can tell. I don't like to bash people that quickscope, but I know they all think they're the most talented players in the world. If I start hearing people complain about hard scoping and such, I'm going to **** a brick. Not once have I heard that in this game and I really don't care to start hearing it again.

Quickscoping shouldn't be a measure of skill, but the scrubby children still believe it to be the most accurate measure of skill today. It doesn't mean anything, stop saying it's skillful. :)

This also means that people are once again going to get extremely unique/original with their gamertags. xXxXS0OooO0SiIIIiiiKsNipEz000rrrXxXx returns.

I think this is a bad move on Treyarchs part.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
@Banjo: you just mad, 1v1 quickscope me

jk I hate people like that too. Gets on my nerves when someone thinks they're amazing because they can quickscope, and only quickscope you. I mean back in mw2 I believe I've quickscoped a few people because the situation called for it and not because I want to get a montage clip of me shooting 3-4 times across the map and then finally getting the kill, or in :mad:'s case, a hitmarker :p

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
SuSa, if you scope in, switch to your secondary and back by pressing triangle and shoot, your bullets keep the same spread.
It hasn't been officially confirmed but I saw someone do it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
^ can't quickscope ^
I can quickscope really well, but that doesn't mean I support it. Clearly this game is not meant to be realistic, but in some aspects it is. They were trying to make sniping more realistic, and they did, but now they're catering to the wants of the 12 year olds. These are the 12 year olds who join my lobbies, go to the nearest ladder, jump off and hit YY and try to no scope somebody across the map for 15 minutes straight for a cute montage clip.

I don't understand why these people raise their arms in confusion when I scream at them over the mic. I want to play and win the game, so if you want to quickscope, don't do it in my game. I don't care for the "it's fun" argument either. Although it is fun sometimes, it's pretty stupid. It's extremely inconsistent and will never be as good as using a regular gun, meaning however many players on my team running around quickscoping are usually being useless. Some people are good at it, but no one can be perfect.

Overall, I guess I just don't understand their choice. They made sniping what they wanted, what most people wanted, and what most people agreed upon. Yet, this small community still succeeds in swaying the developers to change what was already good to something obnoxious. The part I hate is how crippling it is to a team when people do this. It's stupid to see someone go 4-50 quickscoping when they could have actually helped the team out.

For entertainment purposes in FFA gametypes, yes. For montage clips and ****ing around in team based games, no.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
What's funny is the post that video was about was obscure, and I read it the moment it was posted.

Didn't seem any quickscope-related thing to me at all.

Also if you're going negative quickscoping, you suck. Learn how to actually aim and quickscope. Sadly, people don't. But it's no different than the people trying to run around with a pistol or marathon+lightweight knife only.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
THE UPDATE JUST WENT THROUGH

I'M QUICKSCOPIN'

YEAHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHGHHH <c

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, something about the capture the flag needs to be done.

I, while working on Marathon pro, did not enjoy my overall experiences. Something about the whole game type annoys me. While many other game types don't bother me as much, such as SandD and Demolition. And there were many who felt the same.

Many games would end in a stale mate because people refused to leave from their flag.

Also - I don't hate on Quick scoping. It's something people like to do. Just gotta be more accurate in a shot than I could hope to be, so I don't try it.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Anyone know how to make a good-looking Poke Ball emblem? I'm not sure if there's a half circle emblem lying around since I can't find one.

Sariku

Smash Master
you have to layer like a crazy person to make the half circles, dear, :p
ANd yeah. they need to make marathon pro like, cap 10 dom points or something >>;

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, they just changed the way you scope in normally. It's essentially CoD4 quickscoping mixed with Black Ops sniping. It's still hard to do but they made it possible.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
you have to layer like a crazy person to make the half circles, dear, :p
ANd yeah. they need to make marathon pro like, cap 10 dom points or something >>;
God dang. That hurts D:

Capture the Flag is pretty fun, but they should make it 10 flag caps, not 15. It's really difficult playing CTF with randoms.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sleight of Hand never did and never will make a difference in how you quickscope and I don't know what made you think that.

Just imagine them fixing the scope system. When you scope in, the bullet flies straight; it doesn't go all over the place.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I don't think me and Sariku haven't been top2 on our team any more than 10 times.... one of us is ALWAYS top2 if it's not BOTH of us... and we've lost maybe 1/5 games if not less?

<3 a good teammate

I saved my Valkyrie thing.. any way to show you guys via theatre? lol

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Of course I'm talking about Black Ops, this is the Call of Duty: Black Ops thread.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Of course I'm talking about Black Ops, this is the Call of Duty: Black Ops thread.
Ok, your post just made it sound like you were talking about quickscoping as a whole. And I asked about SoH because not only was the scope system off, they also excluded sniper rifles from the faster scope-in via SoH Pro.

Fletch

Smash Master
Please someone get info on the new multipliers (if they indeed changed them) on the sniper rifles. That would really encourage me to go get this game this week, I love sniping.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I was spawn tubed today.

-.-
I thought they fixed that in Black Ops. Couldn't fire noob tubes into the air for the first 10 seconds or something like in WaW.

EDIT:

To all my American friends in this thread:

Happy (American) Thanksgiving!!!! :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Just imagine them fixing the scope system. When you scope in, the bullet flies straight; it doesn't go all over the place.
You said it was hard to do before. How is it different from MW2 QS?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Even if snipers were buffed to hell I wouldn't play with them considering no maps were built with people using snipers in mind.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
im betting that the map packs in the future will be more sniper friendly

edit: :mad: are you sure the update went through? my brother says it feels the same and i havent needed to download anything (he said youd need to download an update if treyarch changed anything)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I can quickscope really well, but that doesn't mean I support it. Clearly this game is not meant to be realistic, but in some aspects it is. They were trying to make sniping more realistic, and they did, but now they're catering to the wants of the 12 year olds. These are the 12 year olds who join my lobbies, go to the nearest ladder, jump off and hit YY and try to no scope somebody across the map for 15 minutes straight for a cute montage clip.

I don't understand why these people raise their arms in confusion when I scream at them over the mic. I want to play and win the game, so if you want to quickscope, don't do it in my game. I don't care for the "it's fun" argument either. Although it is fun sometimes, it's pretty stupid. It's extremely inconsistent and will never be as good as using a regular gun, meaning however many players on my team running around quickscoping are usually being useless. Some people are good at it, but no one can be perfect.

Overall, I guess I just don't understand their choice. They made sniping what they wanted, what most people wanted, and what most people agreed upon. Yet, this small community still succeeds in swaying the developers to change what was already good to something obnoxious. The part I hate is how crippling it is to a team when people do this. It's stupid to see someone go 4-50 quickscoping when they could have actually helped the team out.

For entertainment purposes in FFA gametypes, yes. For montage clips and ****ing around in team based games, no.
So you hate the Ballistic Knife as well?

Top Bottom