• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Happy birfday! :D

And to elaborate on why Call of the Dead is bad--I'm not some meathead that loves coloring at home while watching Machete and jacking off to it. :/
And...it's dumb. >_> Using deceased historical characters were fine, and voice acting by real actors is cool but not the actual PEOPLE.
Fidel Castro is in Five. He's not dead.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Man so hyped because I'm confirmed for getting this game after my parents agreed to buy it off eBay when F8AL sent me a deal :D
You are very welcome! :)

And I have an announcement...today BKPro convinced me to try the 'tactical' button layout so I switched it and tried it for a few hours and let me say, I'm loving it so far! I can dropshot like a boss now but I do admit that I miss the knife...:c

I also got like 10 blackbirds today! :)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You are very welcome! :)

And I have an announcement...today BKPro convinced me to try the 'tactical' button layout so I switched it and tried it for a few hours and let me say, I'm loving it so far! I can dropshot like a boss now but I do admit that I miss the knife...:c

I also got like 10 blackbirds today! :)
Welcome to the dark side. :cool:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Only difference is crouch and melee are swapped.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I play Nomad. It's exactly like Tactical, but it has a toggle ADS, meaning that you press the button once to ADS, and stay ADS until you press the button again. I like it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Finally hit 15th prestige after playing pretty much all day. Grinded out 43-50 today. /nolife

Also did the prestige high roller glitch. I ended up winning so I started out with 25,000 cod points. Winning. :awesome:

Time to get level 50 then play some more GoW3 beta and buy minecraft. Hoorah.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Finally hit 15th prestige after playing pretty much all day. Grinded out 43-50 today. /nolife

Also did the prestige high roller glitch. I ended up winning so I started out with 25,000 cod points. Winning. :awesome:

Speaking of Minecraft, there's a server setup for us for Team SWF. Ask Darkshot for the info (or I suppose I can get it too). We'd love to see more Team SWF on there. :D

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero

thats alot of games /no life.......did you just play headquarters the whole time?

also, is anyone here getting fortress craft, or just sticking with minecraft?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So... why is there a weapon that turns a zombie into a guy in a suit?

And I don't get the restaurant bit >_>
The weapon turns your enemies into accountants. Confirmed!
jk i dunno lol

And here are the patch notes:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=313362

4/28/11 (Title Update 8)
• Support for Escalation Map Pack (Releasing 5/3/11)
• Security Updates.
• Addition of banner-style Message of the Day on the MP Main Menu.
• Addition of Hardcore FFA and TDM for Combat Training.
• Additional sniper rifle tuning changes.
• Addition of “Competition” Barebones playlist. (Certain perks are banned - warlord, second chance etc. and equipment is disabled. For "MLG Pro" people.)
• Replaced RPG with Grim Reaper in Gun Game Wager Match.
• Prevent automatic weapons from jamming if the player is feathering the fire button on “Default Alt”, “Tactical Flipped” or “Nom4d Flipped”.
• Fine-tuned napalm and bombing-run damage indoors.
• Prevented rare invulnerability issue.
• Additional game mode timer options for Custom Games.
• Fixed a minor out of map exploit in Grid.
• General Killcam and death-cam improvements.
• Improved Auto-Assign reliability in Private Match.
• Addressed an infinite “joining session in progress” screen under very specific timing conditions.
• Demolition bombs can no longer explode and be defused at the same time.
• Spy play now activates in One in the Chamber in all cases.
• The “Sprint Kills” challenge for Steady Aim perk now rewards the player with the correct number of kills.
• Contracts purchased but not yet expired no longer count as expired when viewing a friend’s player card.
• Addressed a rare issue where a hacked camera spike would not function properly if the hacker also had a camera spike that was destroyed.
• Recording a clip with the speed mode for 2 cameras set to .1 will no longer increase in speed when switching perspectives back and forth.
• Improvements to Zipline functionality when viewed in Theater mode.
• Settings from custom games are all cleared and no longer carry over from one custom match to another.
• Improvements to map voting reliability in lobbies.
• Nova gas will now affect players that are standing over their tactical insertion.
• Hardcore players who kill another teammate in last stand now lose the proper amount of points.
• Players can no longer transfer emblems/backgrounds from Combat Training to Player Match.
• Player is no longer able to use a primary weapon in Second Chance (rare, specific instance).
• Improvements to “Community” filters.
Where is the "add player(s) to game party" option/feature??? :c (Only in my dreams...)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Why do they tune the sniper rifles if they suck, anyways?
Also, NO MORE GODDAMN LAST STAND MAIN WEAPON KILLS YEEEEEEEEEEE

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
• The “Sprint Kills” challenge for Steady Aim perk now rewards the player with the correct number of kills.

But I liked finishing that challenge in a game and a half. ;_;

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
wait what, what was wrong with the steady aim challenges in the first place?

also wretched, I got my mw2 back, prepare for some knife only ****

edit: I added you earlier but I added a wretchedIX (which is an actual person apparently lol), ill add you for real soon

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Basically, one of the challenge was to get 150 kills after sprinting. However, the counter for it was messed up, and you gained A LOT of points towards that challenge for a single kill. Now they fixed it.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I follow Vonderhaar, so I noticed. But I understand his reasoning for that. Not even once have they gone into detail.

I was more asking on the personal experience the guys here who snipe (:mad:, Grandeza, etc.) have had with it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I sniped a bit today, it's essentially a mix between WaW and CoD4 sniping. It has the difficulty that WaW brought to the table with the goofy scopes, but the consistency of CoD4.

It's certainly a positive change that makes the game more fun but it's not game changing enough that you'll see full lobbies of snipers. Hitmarkers are a massive problem, however. Despite the good L96 multipliers, it registers as a shot to the arm when I'll clearly hit the chest. I've slow-mo'd some shots in Vegas and noticed it earlier today.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Hitmarkers are a massive problem, however. Despite the good L96 multipliers, it registers as a shot to the arm when I'll clearly hit the chest. I've slow-mo'd some shots in Vegas and noticed it earlier today.
Wouldn't this fall under the general bullet lag in black ops? Or is this different from that?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's something unique to the snipers that I've noticed. I've never had bullet lag, I still think people use that as an excuse are bad.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So you're saying someone that fully runs behind a wall (non-"fmj"able wall), or gets behind cover they're shooting from when being shot at still dies, they're considered bad because of how the game works? .-.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm saying the excuse "I only died because my bullets lagged but his didn't." doesn't fly because that's not what happened. How you conjured up that hypothetical situation and applied it to what I said is beyond me, but that's not really the point.

I'm saying that it's often host that causes this lag, it's not universal. The host will always have the better "registration" so although it looked like you were behind the wall, when you died, you most definitely were not. You can't just blame bullet lag on not killing someone.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'm saying that it's often host that causes this lag, it's not universal. The host will always have the better "registration" so although it looked like you were behind the wall, when you died, you most definitely were not. You can't just blame bullet lag on not killing someone.
If this is true, then why is it ok to call someone bad for complaining about something they are incapable of influencing (aka who host is)?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I follow Vonderhaar, so I noticed. But I understand his reasoning for that. Not even once have they gone into detail.

I was more asking on the personal experience the guys here who snipe (:mad:, Grandeza, etc.) have had with it.
What his his reasoning? It would be good if we knew what they changed. (I don't snipe but I'd still like to know.)

EDIT: More info on the 'competitive' playlist:

I believe gametypes are Domination, CTF, and Search and Destroy only. Some weapons, perks, and attachments are banned.

Banned Weapons and Tactical Grenades
- All secondary launchers
- Nova Gas
- Decoy Grenade

All equipment are banned

Banned Perks
- Flak Jacket
- Warlord
- Second Chance

Banned Attachments
- Rapid Fire
- Grenade Launcher
- Flamethrower

- All killstreaks are disabled.

- Certain parameters have been changed, such as bomb defuses being longer, etc. Friendly fire is also apparently enabled.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I find it funny that they ban Warlord when Sleight of Hand is just an overall better perk. Just you fact that you reload faster and aim down sights more quickly makes it the best 2nd tier perk and yet they ban Warlord?! Maybe its because of the extra lethal grenade when you get Warlord pro. Second Change being banned is great though. With all equipment banned that makes hacker pretty much useless so I imagine most people will use either ninja or marathon in that playlist. With no killstreaks I imagine no one will use ghost so that could be interesting.

Top Bottom