• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
What his his reasoning? It would be good if we knew what they changed. (I don't snipe but I'd still like to know.)

EDIT: More info on the 'competitive' playlist:

I believe gametypes are Domination, CTF, and Search and Destroy only. Some weapons, perks, and attachments are banned.

Banned Weapons and Tactical Grenades
- All secondary launchers
- Nova Gas
- Decoy Grenade

All equipment are banned

Banned Perks
- Flak Jacket
- Warlord
- Second Chance

Banned Attachments
- Rapid Fire
- Grenade Launcher
- Flamethrower

- All killstreaks are disabled.

- Certain parameters have been changed, such as bomb defuses being longer, etc. Friendly fire is also apparently enabled.
NeoGAF postin, eh? ;)

Fletch

Smash Master
What his his reasoning? It would be good if we knew what they changed. (I don't snipe but I'd still like to know.)

I believe gametypes are Domination, CTF, and Search and Destroy only. Some weapons, perks, and attachments are banned.

- Nova Gas
- Decoy Grenade

All equipment are banned

Banned Perks
- Flak Jacket
- Warlord
- Second Chance

Banned Attachments
- Rapid Fire
- Grenade Launcher
- Flamethrower

- Certain parameters have been changed, such as bomb defuses being longer, etc. Friendly fire is also apparently enabled.
I'm all for competitive gaming (<3 Melee), but this just sounds incredibly boring and seems as if they're trying to make this game into something it's not. Reminds me of Brawl ;).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So word on the street (NeoGAF) is that the 'new' "competitive" playlist is full of tryhards. I.e., nothing but 74u and Famas users who will say 'your're not pro' if you do... well... anything they don't do.

Challenge accepted.

I'mma bring this knife to their gunfight.

Eventually.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If this is true, then why is it ok to call someone bad for complaining about something they are incapable of influencing (aka who host is)?
People that complain and make excuses for why they lost are just immature. It's bad enough that people talk trash as much as they do, but instead of whining about why you think you lost, how about a 'good game' or 'maybe next time.'

People shouldn't complain that their connections are bad, either solve the problem or make due with what you have. If the person with the 2 bar gets destroyed because of UK host, back out and try again. Don't complain about bullet lag.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'd assume that they don't want people criticizing what they've done before they've even gotten a chance to try it themselves. That's just what I think though.

- Nova Gas
- Decoy Grenade

All equipment are banned

Banned Perks
- Flak Jacket
- Warlord
- Second Chance

Banned Attachments
- Rapid Fire
- Grenade Launcher
- Flamethrower

I find it funny that they ban Warlord when Sleight of Hand is just an overall better perk. Just you fact that you reload faster and aim down sights more quickly makes it the best 2nd tier perk and yet they ban Warlord?! Maybe its because of the extra lethal grenade when you get Warlord pro. Second Change being banned is great though. With all equipment banned that makes hacker pretty much useless so I imagine most people will use either ninja or marathon in that playlist. With no killstreaks I imagine no one will use ghost so that could be interesting.
For the most part, this is based on the MLG Ruleset. Take it up with them. I did a bit of GB a few months ago, and when you have a good team, it's really fun, even if you lose.

When PSN comes back up, this probably gonna be my playlist of choice. Looking forward to it. I can get 120+ kill games left and right in Demolition, or destroy a group of scrubs in any other playlist, hopefully this will bring something new to the table, because as it stands, this game is way too easy.

So word on the street (NeoGAF) is that the 'new' "competitive" playlist is full of tryhards. I.e., nothing but 74u and Famas users who will say 'your're not pro' if you do... well... anything they don't do.

Challenge accepted.

I'mma bring this knife to their gunfight.
In competitive play, using anything else means that you don't want to win. Since Rapid Fire is banned, I have no idea why anybody would use the AK-74u at all. I genuinely doubt that this will work out well for you.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
When PSN comes back up, this probably gonna be my playlist of choice. Looking forward to it. I can get 120+ kill games left and right in Demolition, or destroy a group of scrubs in any other playlist, hopefully this will bring something new to the table, because as it stands, this game is way too easy.
Yah.

This new playlist seems like it should be fun with a lot of the BS removed, but then again, the players are probably going to be a bit more experienced, meaning rage ops :mad: We'll see how it goes.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
well people wont be using ghost since theres no killstreaks

I was playing with the psg1 today (havent tried hte L96) but the patch was really good imo, the sway when you scope in is like 10% of what it was before

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I only rag on the PS3 because of the past experiences I've had with it. People on xbox are just as bad pretty much.

And now everyone's got me excited about sniping just when I was moving on to the GoW3 beta for a while. Someone also mentioned something about the 74u getting a little bit better again....can anyone confirm this for me?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Anyone getting the map pack? I have more than enough money but I really think I'll give it a miss due to how dreadful the last map pack was.

:phone:

Grandeza

Smash Master
Tried out sniping a few minutes ago. Didn't do well, but did notice a positive improvement. Although maybe it's placebo. I'm never too sure. I noticed more headshots. Probably just due to less sway. Whatever I'm fine with it.

Now to try out competition!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i got a chopper the first time i tried out sniping after the patch, didnt even notice that my killstreak was that much already

but then again I was probably only doing well cause i was playing with Team SWF :awesome:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
So as I was playing today, I got to about level 16 on my 15th prestige and I noticed something. My, "Spy planes called in" challenge says 5/5 complete, meaning I can't get any more points from that challenge. It's supposed to stop at 350 called in. I'm pretty pissed and I feel like I'm getting cheated out of a lot of exp right now...

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Edit: nevermind, all taken care of

Grandeza

Smash Master
They're starting to grow on me. Song seems appropriate.

I miss Beast and the Harlot. :[
I never got into Beast and the Harlot. Love the chorus riff though. I love their self titled album. I never get tired of listening to Nightmare though. Especially playing it in Rock Band. Nothing better than loving a song, and then it becomes Rock Band DLC.

Also it's cool to see M. Shadows get back into screaming.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Honestly I'm not hyped for this map pack as much as I was as the last one. I dunno if it's because I'm prepared for disappointment like the last one, or just because the only map I look forward to is the Zombies map, but I'm honestly not actually hyping this up...

Cyan_

Smash Lord
probably gonna start playing this game more often once PSN is back and that patch is live

i hope the competitive playlist is fun

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
probably gonna start playing this game more often once PSN is back and that patch is live

i hope the competitive playlist is fun
I heard it's 75% FAMAS users and the rest is divided up between AK74u, Commando, MP5 and AK47 users.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
People also hate on you for using the G11 in the competitive playlist, apparently.
So people using full auto guns hate on people who use burst fire guns!? How does that make sense?
In the competitive scene, it's pretty much common knowledge that the G11 is easily the most overpowered weapon in this game while in the hands of anybody with a half-decent shot. The FAMAS, while also OP, isn't on the level of the G11. It's basically like this taboo weapon where people are like "If you use it, I'm gonna use it also, because you're a cheap ****er."

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
LOL @ metaknight

also, Id use the G11 alot more probably if only I didnt get it towards the end of my prestige :mad: (cause i always prestige)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got hate mail a few days ago from this guy cause I kept on drop shooting him. :awesome:

I asked him if he was mad and he responded with "yes". (Along with some other words which I can't repeat on this forum.)

Top Bottom