• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Call of the Dead is so dumb. It's like they wanted to ruin everything that was awesome about zombies. They'll put the most important parts of the game on the other side of the map. Spending virtually all of your points on debris and doors leaves you with nothing for the box or Jug. It wouldn't bother me if Jug wasn't so far away in such an obscure part of the map.

George is just an annoyance, he'll happen to be in my line of fire while I shoot zombies and I'll be like "come at me, bro"

He'll book it and eventually kill me because the map is full of narrow walkways and I get trapped and get died. Oh well.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Call of the Dead is so dumb. It's like they wanted to ruin everything that was awesome about zombies. They'll put the most important parts of the game on the other side of the map. Spending virtually all of your points on debris and doors leaves you with nothing for the box or Jug. It wouldn't bother me if Jug wasn't so far away in such an obscure part of the map.

George is just an annoyance, he'll happen to be in my line of fire while I shoot zombies and I'll be like "come at me, bro"

He'll book it and eventually kill me because the map is full of narrow walkways and I get trapped and get died. Oh well.
Lovin' the new sig. But it'll get better once people discover stuff like routes and easter eggs.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
If PSN is up this weekend, I'll go to 14th prestige with the 2x exp. If not, I'm probably gonna finish at 13th. The symbol (lion's head) is much better than the 14th prestige (which is the insignia of the Marine raiders, for those of you who don't know about WWII) emblem, IMO.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
If PSN is up this weekend, I'll go to 14th prestige with the 2x exp. If not, I'm probably gonna finish at 13th. The symbol (lion's head) is much better than the 14th prestige (which is the insignia of the Marine raiders, for those of you who don't know about WWII) emblem, IMO.
Why not go all the way to 15th? I mean if you are gonna go for 13th at the least you might as well just go for 15th.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I think every prestige symbol in this game outside of 13th, 14th, 10th (spider + web), and 9th (Horse) are ugly as hell. 15th included. There's no way I'm staying at 12th though, this thing looks like a **** with wings.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
no one fights alone

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yep. Love quotes from the Imperial Army, what with their emperor and everything.

Can anyone that got the map pack tell me if the multiplayer maps are good?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I hope PSN is back up tomorrow when the double XP weekend starts. If it doesn't, then I'm sure that Treyarch will give PS3 owners their own week of double XP, so don't worry too much about that. :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I found that Zoo and Hotel are really fun to play. Call of the Dead was a huge disappointment. For anyone wanting this pack for the zombies, I can't recommend it. I can give reasons if needed.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I found that Zoo and Hotel are really fun to play. Call of the Dead was a huge disappointment. For anyone wanting this pack for the zombies, I can't recommend it. I can give reasons if needed.
Really? I assumed that since you love zombies, you'd love Call of the Dead.

Can you give your reasons? (Just curious.)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I'd recommend that you guys just play test everything on a friend's console to ensure that you want to spend $15 on something that you might be disappointed with.
BlackOps isn't good enough for me to buy the map pack, honestly, and the only person I've seen who likes this game more than the other CoDs is Leafy and Hotarms..

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
**** you guys.
Go eat ****s.
In other unrelated news, I've discovered that people who like blackops never talk about it.
Only the people who dislike it do.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Call of the Dead focuses too much on gimmicks. The main one being Romero, he's one of the more annoying additions I've seen. He's slow enough to where he's not a problem until you need to run through one of the many narrow walkways. George is so big, he blocks entire paths and not only does he hurt you, he stuns you, allowing for other zombies to finish you off.

The Pack-a-Punch system is completely random, it changes and the lighthouse light points toward it. On numerous occasions did this kill me because I needed ammo and as I was about to upgrade, it left. There are no max ammo rounds (ie. dog/monkey/scientist rounds) so what you have it all you get. There are also a ridiculous amount of debris and doors needed to be cleared. I've found that we spend too much money on doors and don't have enough for the necessities, Jug and box weapons. Perks are also way too far away, with the layout of this map, it's hard to survive without Jug.

The water system is annoying as well, the only way to stop George when he rampages is to get him into the water. This wouldn't be a big deal if you weren't so slow in the water. This wouldn't be a big deal if zombies later on in the rounds slowed down as well. This wouldn't be so bad if you didn't take damage if you're in the water for too long. This wouldn't be so bad if zombies couldn't climb over absurd barriers that you can't. [the rail by Quick Revive comes to mind] They also removed monkeys which means anyone that's downed isn't guaranteed a revive. It also makes Max Ammos a hassle because you have to get them when they come, there's no "WAIT I HAVE TO RELOAD". You don't have time to reload.

And finally, the new weapons aren't as useful as their counterparts and you'll find yourself running low on ammo every round. Also, the wall guns are in extremely inconvenient spots. But oh well, that's my opinion.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Now I don't really want the maps.

I also like this game more than other CoD's, even though it doesn't always sound like it.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Agreed with everything about COTD.
it's poopy

Honestly, I don't like anything about this game except for ascension and Team SWF Shenanigan-ry
:s

MW2 was waaaaaay more fun.

Top Bottom