• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Dolphin Dive Cancel

First, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QOhVnAA8gw

What you need to do is Dolphin Dive and then IMMEDIATELY change weapons. You will no longer be in the dolphin dive animation but instead, you will be in the weapon swap animation. Now, you can CANCEL this animation with an action, such as throwing a Tomahawk, showcased in the video.

The tomahawk throw is the quickest option out of this, yet its speed varies based on the weapon you switch to. Switching to a pistol/B. Knife will be very fast, while switching to something else will be slower. It seems as though there's only two speeds, the pistol/B. Knife speed, and everything else. I tested the AK-74u, the Wazoo, the Law, and the HK21; they all felt the same speed, yet slower than the pistols. I could not Tomahawk cancel.

Tomahawking is NOT the only option out of this. I tested it, and you can cancel the animation with a Frag, Semtex, Stun, or Flash grenade. However, the effectiveness of each is really variable.

Frags out of dives are near useless, you only finish cocking it before you land, and still need to wait for the fuse to go down.

Semtex are somewhat more useful, as you finish the **** and then have a semtex ready.

Stuns will be thrown as you land, making them very useful. Flashes are a little slower.

As far as I can tell, you CANNOT shoot out of this. I tried as hard as I could, yet I had no luck. It seems as though the game puts you back into normal Dolphin Diving State once you finish switching weapons.

Summary:

How to Dolphin Dive Cancel:

1. Run and Dolphin Dive
2. Immediately switch weapons as you begin your dive. If you're switching to a pistol, you should see your pistol snap up as you're doing this. Other weapons will sort of be dragged on screen.
3. As your weapon is switching, quickly interrupt the action with a Lethal or Tactical Grenade toss.

As far as I know, you cannot:

Shoot out of a DDC.
Switch again while diving (No YY, even.)
Use Equipment (although that may simply not be humanly possible, I dunno. You try holding forward then switching down to Up D pad and everything.)
Knife.

Player-1

Smash Legend
That is so sexy. It's also really easy to do, if you're having trouble with it then don't slide your finger to Y and instead press Y the same time you dolphin dive, it's pretty fun =D

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
You haven't played a 20 minute Demolition game against my team, have you? It's basically domestic abuse. That, and it was a Level 24 Split-Screener lolol

Grandeza, if you do almost anything while you have a Death Machine, Valkyrie Rocket, or Grim Reaper out, it'll go away.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Too lazy to fix it. I know there's some better term for it or whatever.

And no, you can't cancel the Tomahawk. I remember trying that and I forgot to write that in. Knew I forgot something.

Oh hey, it wasn't censored in my write up post. =O

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
No, cooking is the act of holding an already live grenade to shorten the fuse and have it blow up when you where you want it to in its flight path. I was talking about pulling the pin and preparing the fuse. I think it might be "priming" or something. I don't really care.

WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING THIS AND NOT THE DOLPHIN DIVE CANCEL!?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Got lucky with 3 care packages on Firing Range today, I got dogs, a gunship and a chopper gunner from them. (Without having to re-roll them!)

:awesome:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You never play with us. We all play Black Ops on a regular basis!

Randoms suck, play with a full party like I do.
Yeah, we played today, yo.

I'll be on again tomorrow. <3 Marathon Pro.

I'm a god damn truck now.

Also, I wanna post that WTF just happened tomahawk on Firing Range later.

:Throws tomahawk as it bounces off open panel window: Oh....

Throws tomahawk at dude in front of me.

:TWO TOMAHAWK KILLS!!!:

O_________O WAT?!

METAL GEAR!?!?!

shanus

Smash Hero
All i have to say is I found a newfound love for this game when I started playing FFA over randoms in TDM. Pretty much exclusively use G11 or SPAS and its so ****

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I had a death machine. I put down a motion sensor. Where the hell did my death machine go >=[
Just wanted to point out that killstreaks of that nature disappear when you switch weapons, use equipment, or anything that makes you take the killstreak of your sight. It happens so often when I have the Grim Reaper.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So for those who didn't join us today, I got my first rage mail!

I'm doing my thing (knife and T.Hawking), and I get a message (voice).

HEMAD: Use a different weapon you F#$#$$%.

My reply: U MAD?

Now, this is the first game. He went 2-19. XD LOL I think I was 20-13. Positive for sure.

Second game:

HERAGIN!: (text) LERN 2 PLY COD

Me: Learn to not go negative.

I think he was 5-27 that game. I was around 23/24-15 that game. XD Trololololol

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have the vids. I've gotten double spawn tomahawks on Summit and Launch now =D. I'd be happy to show you if you ever invite me =p.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
WOW.

I played for the 1st time on the PS3 today.

Everybody is terribad.

They all move like Combat training dummies.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Just wanted to point out that killstreaks of that nature disappear when you switch weapons, use equipment, or anything that makes you take the killstreak of your sight. It happens so often when I have the Grim Reaper.
Not if you haven't used it yet, at least for the Grim Reaper. Like, if you haven't taken a shot with it yet and you switch/die you will still have it to use. I don't know if this is the same for Death Machines.

Soemthing else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSN_10wnrbs&feature=feedu

Abuse it while you can?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Does scavenger replenish launcher ammo? I wanna use the Strela on a Scavenger class but if I can't resupply the Strela then I might as well use a different secondary instead.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
WOW.

I played for the 1st time on the PS3 today.

Everybody is terribad.

They all move like Combat training dummies.
Pull stats higher than mine on PS3, and I'll believe your opinion holds water. I've only played this game on Xbox once, I didn't notice much difference. It shouldn't be hard, if everyone is so horrible.

Does scavenger replenish launcher ammo? I wanna use the Strela on a Scavenger class but if I can't resupply the Strela then I might as well use a different secondary instead.
No, but Scavenger Pro will give you a third Strela-3 rocket, if that makes it worth using to you.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Pull stats higher than mine on PS3, and I'll believe your opinion holds water. I've only played this game on Xbox once, I didn't notice much difference. It shouldn't be hard, if everyone is so horrible.

No, but Scavenger Pro will give you a third Strela-3 rocket, if that makes it worth using to you.
My sister, who plays on both xbox and PS3 has.....

A K/D under 1 on xbox and a K/D over 1.75 on PS3, that's proof enough for me.Her boyfriend is much the same story.

I also don't own a PS3, I was at my sisters and she was playing so had a quick go.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
In WaW, I had a 4.2 K/D on Xbox, but a 1.6 K/D on PS3. In MW2 on Xbox(What little I played), I had a 2.8 K/D, but had about a 1.90 K/D on PS3. That was me getting used to the controller. Although I don't have much experience with this game on Xbox, I never noticed a difference in terms of skill outside of player numbers, and generally more parties on Xbox in previous games.

But really, it doesn't matter anyways, as everybody sucks at this game for the most part. The average player in this game is still worthless, and by the way that they play you'd assume they have one hand. The only thing that ruins this game for me is connection.

But I'm just gonna leave it at that, I'm not starting this again. I don't care enough to debate over the internet about something so stupid, especially about a game that I barely play anymore.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Saw that yesterday. Pretty sure it's already been patched.
sadface

I wanted to at least try it once :(

Or if you could have kept killing yourself, get an rc-xd and continuously go one for one (suicide plus kill from rc-xd) with the possibility to go plus by getting multiple people and being a troll the whole game.

Fletch

Smash Master
In WaW, I had a 4.2 K/D on Xbox, but a 1.6 K/D on PS3. In MW2 on Xbox(What little I played), I had a 2.8 K/D, but had about a 1.90 K/D on PS3. That was me getting used to the controller. Although I don't have much experience with this game on Xbox, I never noticed a difference in terms of skill outside of player numbers, and generally more parties on Xbox in previous games.

But really, it doesn't matter anyways, as everybody sucks at this game for the most part. The average player in this game is still worthless, and by the way that they play you'd assume they have one hand. The only thing that ruins this game for me is connection.

But I'm just gonna leave it at that, I'm not starting this again. I don't care enough to debate over the internet about something so stupid, especially about a game that I barely play anymore.
Besides BO, I've owned all the CoDs on both platforms, and took them all seriously. I've had higher KDRs and win percentages on 360 for all of them, and I've always thought 360 players were worse. What does this mean though? Jack****, there are plenty of bad people on both systems, and there are way too many for you to tell how good players are on the regular. I just prefer PS3 because there aren't so many young kids playing, which is also why I think the skill level is higher, but there really could not possibly be a noticeable difference with all those players.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I have the worse K/D out of all of you =(

metaknight brawl melee smash tournament tiers broken

what other words change??

what changes into the black plague?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I have the worse K/D out of all of you =(

metaknight brawl melee smash tournament tiers broken

what other words change??

what changes into the black plague?
tlhilsl changes to it, minus the "l"s. And flulnl changes to fun

Don't think I'm gonna post much today, due to obvious reasons (though I find it shenanigan-worthy and all)

Might be on black ops later tonight

Top Bottom