• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I haven't played this game for a good while, went on tonight with Thunder and Wretched and we just owned.

Also I just love the equipment jammer. Its range is huuuge.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Damn, I can't wait to join in on the ownage! I hate 3 week long assignments, they keep you from the important parts of life, like sitting on your arse eating pretzels and tearing up Black Ops with you guys! Who cares about friends and family, I NEED TO PLAY!!!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So I got my first spawn tomahawk yesterday on kowloon.

Now I've gotten spawn tomahawks on:

-Radiation
-Launch
-Summit (both sides)
-Stadium (2 different spots on one side)
-Cracked
-Kowloon

I think there's one I'm forgetting but I don't remember =/.

I need to learn the domination spawn tomahawks for the A and C flags.
Yo what's the angle/where do you aim for Kowloon? All I've found out is if you fire a ballistic knife straight up from corner of C or slightly behind A looking at the opposite flag it will land there.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It also disrupts the RC car. I'm sold on that point ALONE.
Yeah, I remember once some guy put a jammer in the building on villa (near the pool) and i got an RC-XD and it was hella hard trying to drive it into the jammer. It's basically like scrambler. But you know, actually decent.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yo what's the angle/where do you aim for Kowloon? All I've found out is if you fire a ballistic knife straight up from corner of C or slightly behind A looking at the opposite flag it will land there.
On offense side, throw it over/through the neon sign lights from your spawn. The neon sign lights is the sign that you can climb that big ladder up to that platform that takes you nowhere.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just a reminder for any Black Ops PC players here (I'm sure there are a few but they don't post in this thread...), the 'First Strike' map pack DLC is out tomorrow on Steam for $15.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Gentleman and Gentleman claiming to be Ladies;

If you lack a video editor, here is a free open source one called Lightworks, currently in open beta.

http://lifehacker.com/#!5785154

Better than nothing folks. I'm gonna grab it when I get home.

There's obviously other options, but if you want an editor, there ya go.
Hmm, I might pick that up just in case I try to post my 10 kinda-decent-ok-sorta-neat incidents in which I have caused someone some wort of bodily harm in Black Ops. You know what else? Creepy Doll by Jonathan Coulton is hella creepy, just saying.....kinda a give-in.......

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Delta-Cod and I tore it up today in Black Ops. We won like 20 games in a row then we finally lost a game...:(

<3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Today. The legend himself chose to play with me! :)

And it's a double XP weekend again! (PC only) :(

Friday 10 AM PST - Monday 10 AM PST. :(

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
When did he start playing again?!:c
Gentlemen, I believe I will be returning to playing this game shortly. My Gamecube controller is malfunctioning, and as such, playing Brawl is not really as enjoyable as it would be with a functioning controller.

Although my Xbox controllers aren't in much better shape anyways. @_@
You even responded to it! :c

I seriously need to step up my Throw-a-hawk game. =[

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You even responded to it! :c

I seriously need to step up my Throw-a-hawk game. =[
It takes a LOT of practice. I don't even think I've perfected it. :-/

All I can say is practice, and get in the habit of 'reflex-hawk'ing. Tapping the bumper to throw rather than holding the button down. Go back and watch my clips again, and notice how rarely (if at all) I hold down the button. It throws very fast from a finger tap, and just learning where the 'hawk will go (arc trajectory and what have you) helps too.

Don't bother asking me about bank shots. I'm still learning about that. But if you're gonna try for a bank shot, just think back to physics 101.

Now get out there and scalp somebody!

Edit: I missed you Delta.

And yes. HOMO. <3
Because everyone else expects No homo. :p

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, I actually do know how to do it. I used to be pretty damn good at Throwing Knives off of reflex in MW2, and Tomahawks are the same thing (I think, I don't really see any difference). I guess I'm just out of practice. Really badly. ;_;

I made some guy rage today after I kept knifing/Throw-a-hawking him. You know someone's mad when they start copying you and try to Throw-a-hawk you back. :awesome:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Delta-Cod and I tore it up today in Black Ops. We won like 20 games in a row then we finally lost a game...:(

<3
Noooooooo I missed the epicness cuz wretched and I were goofing around with those snake ppl in mw2 D:

Well, I actually do know how to do it. I used to be pretty damn good at Throwing Knives off of reflex in MW2, and Tomahawks are the same thing (I think, I don't really see any difference). I guess I'm just out of practice. Really badly. ;_;

I made some guy rage today after I kept knifing/Throw-a-hawking him. You know someone's mad when they start copying you and try to Throw-a-hawk you back. :awesome:
Trust me there is a noticeable difference. Throwing knife in mw2 lags when you throw it (kinda like the crossbow or ballistic knife). Throwahawks come out faster than throwing knives do.

I gots more knife montage stuff earlier today. Cutting people in their spawn is fun.

Especially when you have your blackbird out :troll:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, the Throw-a-hawk is MUCH faster (from what I remember). And cooler.

F8AL, if you need to infract me for this, do it. I don't care. But I promised my wife I'd share this.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-1000-Cranes-Project/207933249232660?sk=info

She's put together a project for Japan in regards to the Earthquake that happened, and is raising money for "Architecture for Humanity". They agreed to send a link on their behalf to use on my wife's project page. Her goal is to raise $1000. So if anyone can do anything, or knows anyone who can, pass it along. She's only asking for a dollar per person, if anything. They take paypal if anyone has it.

Thanks for your time guys. /awaits infraction

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, the Throw-a-hawk is MUCH faster (from what I remember). And cooler.

F8AL, if you need to infract me for this, do it. I don't care. But I promised my wife I'd share this.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-1000-Cranes-Project/207933249232660?sk=info

She's put together a project for Japan in regards to the Earthquake that happened, and is raising money for "Architecture for Humanity". They agreed to send a link on their behalf to use on my wife's project page. Her goal is to raise $1000. So if anyone can do anything, or knows anyone who can, pass it along. She's only asking for a dollar per person, if anything. They take paypal if anyone has it.

Thanks for your time guys. /awaits infraction
This is for a good cause so I'll make an exception. :bee:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sorry about tonight, Waffleblaster, we had a full party and I wasn't the game host. (I would have backed out for you.)

And I think my mic is broken but no problem, my friend is getting the new slim 360 so he'll just give me his old mic. :D

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about tonight, Waffleblaster, we had a full party and I wasn't the game host. (I would have backed out for you.)

And I think my mic is broken but no problem, my friend is getting the new slim 360 so he'll just give me his old mic. :D
No big deal man, I was playing a couple rounds with my Dad and I really was sucking today

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
whats your setup again?

and what were your stats at the other cod games compared to bo
What do you mean by setup? What I play CoD on? Or more like what weapons/killstreaks/etc I use?

In MW2, I had a negative K/D for a long time, and my K/D never passed 2.10, but a lot of that was due to how horrible I was, and still am, with the PS3 controller(That, and MW2 is a horrible ****ing game). CoD4 I had a K/D of 3.7, WaW I had a K/D of 4.2. Don't remember W/L ratios, but that's whatever. My K/D in this game is like 3.15ish.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I agree with leafy on the easiness of this game, but if you're playing solo pubs, you have a high chance of getting sexually violated.
They will set up mirrors so you have to watch yourself be violated.
Plus, if you're not in the mood to run Famas/Commando/74u, you aren't going to do as well as you could.
On the other hand, if you play with a team, you will prolly win and run a 3.0
That's always how it is for me.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Commando all the way! I played with a new group of friends from school yesterday all of whom were very good. And it was like unlimited blackbird. As soon as one went down, another wet up. So beautiful. The best guy on the other team went 13-40 and we made like 10 people ragequit in one game. Playing with teams is great. I also tried my hand at quickscoping in this game again. Sometimes the hit detection really seems to suck and the hitmarkers. god the hitmarkers. But its not as bad as i originally thought/

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Its not as bad as you originally thought when you're playing with a team.
Its bad if you're playing teams at your level.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Well, I felt bad because I told you that we were going to play some Blops tonight but we didn't. :urg:
We can catch a couple games tommorow, not really feelin' it today though, I need a break after yesterday's suckquake of day, it was a complete wastenado of my timeforestfire
your dad plays blackops with you

awesome
:cool:
Lol, yeah, and he's not laughably bad. It's really the only MP game he can get into

Top Bottom