• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Uhh...
Combat Training points don't count towards online MP.

:s
Oh. :scared:

Yeah but the CoD points you get in combat training don't apply to normal multiplayer.
Oh. :c

:awesome: 10 zombies too good
I bet you think that you're so clever for changing my username to that. Never heard that one before. /sarcasm

Like playing on Nuketown in an unlimited RC-XD FFA private lobby playing to 100,000 points? :D

I've been trying to play MW2 recently, but as I'm assuming all PS3 players know, it's unplayable now, :/ Has anyone had any luck with random matches? I lost all my gun attachments last night due to the pieces of **** who are hacking the game, :/
It's been like that for a while. A patch for MW2 is in the works for all platforms atm.

Fletch

Smash Master
I disagree. Flak Jacket is easily the best Tier One perk. Ghost is just annoying. Without Ghost Pro, you're still completely susceptible to every killstreak outside of Spy Plane. Flak Jacket also protects you from Claymores and C4 without the use of Hacker. Ghost Pro is really good, but useless if the enemy can't get air support up (ie. a competitive match of any sort), while Flak Jacket is always useful.
I'm assuming Pro perks of both. Like I said, claymores are no problem because of flashes, and just running through choke points, or if you really have that problem then use hacker. Maybe I consider ghost best because every game I play, people have constant spy planes up, and I'm one of few people to shoot them down, and I also get killed often immediately after taking them down. The only reason I could see using Flak Jacket would be for RCs, I prefer Hardline + 2/3/4 KS over using Flak Jacket.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm assuming Pro perks of both. Like I said, claymores are no problem because of flashes, and just running through choke points, or if you really have that problem then use hacker. Maybe I consider ghost best because every game I play, people have constant spy planes up, and I'm one of few people to shoot them down, and I also get killed often immediately after taking them down. The only reason I could see using Flak Jacket would be for RCs, I prefer Hardline + 2/3/4 KS over using Flak Jacket.
That whole Claymore thing is completely dependent on the fact that you know where the Claymore will be, all the time, which is impossible. And I think you're underestimating how powerful grenades are in this game. Sure, they're not the MW2 Semtex, or the almighty Zeus Grenade from CoD4, but they are still plenty effective, especially in objective games. The only time I have an issue combating against Ghost is when they have a severe connection advantage. Ghost might protect you from air support, but even when I play by myself, it is a very rare occasion for a piece of Air Support to go up that's better than Napalm.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
<3

Maybe the person doesn't go for the objective...I'd like to see someone try to capture a Headquarters point against a capable team without dying to a Frag/Semtex once.
I've thrown frags at people's feet and only gotten hitmarkers. Flak Jacket is brokennnnnnnnn.

Anyone complaining about Spy Planes should be running SAM Turret over Ghost. Free exp + automatic Anti-Air.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Meh Ghost Pro is great. Even regular ghost is awesome to avoid the countless spy planes that seem to be constantly in the air. I'm running hardline now(/in b4 nub comments) but may switch to flack jacket soon. I almost always run counter spy planes that I use whenever the enemy gets a spy plane or blackbird. i can just imagine the frustration of getting the blackbird and having it blocked by a counter spy plane for practically the whole time it's out.
Now this is something I never understood. Someone that will take the initiative to run Blackbird, but do nothing about something so small as a Counter.

Meh believe it or not, my Python has saved my life before. I'm just not comfortable trading it out for a strella.
That's cool, don't be a team player or anything. Pistols are cool, too.

That whole Claymore thing is completely dependent on the fact that you know where the Claymore will be, all the time, which is impossible. And I think you're underestimating how powerful grenades are in this game. Sure, they're not the MW2 Semtex, or the almighty Zeus Grenade from CoD4, but they are still plenty effective, especially in objective games. The only time I have an issue combating against Ghost is when they have a severe connection advantage. Ghost might protect you from air support, but even when I play by myself, it is a very rare occasion for a piece of Air Support to go up that's better than Napalm.
This. <3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Anyone know of a good Anti-Camping class? Main reason I'm making a class specifically for this is because of those games where the entire enemy team is just freaking camping and there is no way to catch them off-guard. Here's what I'm gonna try.

Galil with grenade launcher
RPG

Frag Grenade
Concussion Grenade
Motion Sensor

Flak Jacket
Sleight of Hand Pro
Marathon

I realize that its considered cheap to use a grenade launcher and normally I would never use it but if the entire team is camping I'm gonna do whatever it takes to flush them out. Thoughts?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Anyone know of a good Anti-Camping class? Main reason I'm making a class specifically for this is because of those games where the entire enemy team is just freaking camping and there is no way to catch them off-guard. Here's what I'm gonna try.

Galil with grenade launcher
RPG

Frag Grenade
Concussion Grenade
Motion Sensor

Flak Jacket
Sleight of Hand Pro
Marathon

I realize that its considered cheap to use a grenade launcher and normally I would never use it but if the entire team is camping I'm gonna do whatever it takes to flush them out. Thoughts?
There are a couple of classes you may want to use.

If they're camping strictly in buildings and just looking at doorways:

Shotgun of choice
Python Speed reloader

Frag
Concussion
C4

Flak Jacket
SoH/Steady Aim
Marathon/Hacker (I'd use Marathon with Flak Jacket.)

You can also use a class that lets you be sneaky and continuously spawn behind them for some momentum. I use:

MP5/AK74 silenced
AT-4/Strela (air support)

Frag
Concussion
Tactical insertion

Ghost
SoH
Hacker

Get to a good spot and use the TI to get into the enemy's camp zones.

You might also want a good class for picking people out of windows/vantage points. A good sniper set up or class with the G11 could help with that. Burst fire and snipers are good for those purposes. LMGs are good for shooting through walls, M60 especially.

I recommend running Spy Plane/Counter Spy Plane/Blackbird if you're dealing with these a lot. Spy Plane gives locations, Counter hides you, and the Blackbird is just ****. You can replace the Counter with a SAM turret as well if you'd like.

There's a bunch of different ways to deal with camping because there's a bunch of different ways to camp. I have like, 4 different anti-camp classes.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Hacker Pro. If they're camping they most likely have equipment down somewhere so you would have a vague idea of where they are. If they're using spy planes then I'd say use Ghost since with Flak Jacket they'll see you on radar and be ready for you when you try to flush them out.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I feel the Galil works best with extendoes. Don't shaft yourself like that. If you're gonna go GL, use something else, like Commando, FAMAS, or AK47.

I prefer Flash over Concussion, cause in this game, I still die/get/seen when I use the concussions. Flash blinds them. But that's my preference.

Also, biggest random tryhard fail of the year award goes to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yx1bL1qnng

Player-1

Smash Legend
the secret to using the m60 is to put steady aim and extended mags on it and never aim down your sight. If you aim down your sight with it then you're doing it wrong, also once you start firing WHATEVER YOU DO do NOT stop firing.

S

smash brawl player 99021

There are a couple of classes you may want to use.

If they're camping strictly in buildings and just looking at doorways:

Shotgun of choice
Python Speed reloader

Frag
Concussion
C4

Flak Jacket
SoH/Steady Aim
Marathon/Hacker (I'd use Marathon with Flak Jacket.)

You can also use a class that lets you be sneaky and continuously spawn behind them for some momentum. I use:

MP5/AK74 silenced
AT-4/Strela (air support)

Frag
Concussion
Tactical insertion

Ghost
SoH
Hacker

Get to a good spot and use the TI to get into the enemy's camp zones.

You might also want a good class for picking people out of windows/vantage points. A good sniper set up or class with the G11 could help with that. Burst fire and snipers are good for those purposes. LMGs are good for shooting through walls, M60 especially.

I recommend running Spy Plane/Counter Spy Plane/Blackbird if you're dealing with these a lot. Spy Plane gives locations, Counter hides you, and the Blackbird is just ****. You can replace the Counter with a SAM turret as well if you'd like.

There's a bunch of different ways to deal with camping because there's a bunch of different ways to camp. I have like, 4 different anti-camp classes.
Wha?
I know you liked Riot Shielding with that, but I don't think it's in BO brosef.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
:MAD or Thunder, or anyone else with a PVR/recording capabilities. I feel that I'm starting to have enough decent material for an ODIN-tage. I know it's early, but anyone available to give me a hand?

I'll stay on aim too (cause I don't remember anyone's AIM stuff). Add Neo MaNCooN.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I currently own an HDPVR and I own Adobe Premiere Pro as well as Adobe After Effects. A full fledged montage would take a while, but mini-tages are pretty easy. If you want one, go ahead and add me on xbox (that is, if you're playing CoD on xbox, and if you're not, you're crazy). Just send me a message and we'll fileshare some clips.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I currently own an HDPVR and I own Adobe Premiere Pro as well as Adobe After Effects. A full fledged montage would take a while, but mini-tages are pretty easy. If you want one, go ahead and add me on xbox (that is, if you're playing CoD on xbox, and if you're not, you're crazy). Just send me a message and we'll fileshare some clips.
Groovy.

Uhh... What's your GT?

Big Boss 0DIN

I'm on for another hour ish right now (work at 4 central). You gonna be on later tonight?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I hate playing with randoms. I managed to get two Blackbirds in a match of TDM and we still lost.
Wow, 2?! Your team must be ******** or something. That's why I play combat training if none of my friends are online, its just more fun than playing with randoms.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
the secret to using the m60 is to put steady aim and extended mags on it and never aim down your sight. If you aim down your sight with it then you're doing it wrong, also once you start firing WHATEVER YOU DO do NOT stop firing.
thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I feel like being an M60 troll now for some reason........

:MAD or Thunder, or anyone else with a PVR/recording capabilities. I feel that I'm starting to have enough decent material for an ODIN-tage. I know it's early, but anyone available to give me a hand?

I'll stay on aim too (cause I don't remember anyone's AIM stuff). Add Neo MaNCooN.
I could record stuff but I can't make any sort of montage or w/e D:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I feel like being an M60 troll now for some reason........

I could record stuff but I can't make any sort of montage or w/e D:
I'll see what I can do about editing (waiting to hear back from DSTP too). Is there a way you could send recorded files to me if I can edit my own stuff?

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I'll see what I can do about editing (waiting to hear back from DSTP too). Is there a way you could send recorded files to me if I can edit my own stuff?
Sending recorded files over the internet is like trying to flush an elephant down the toilet. It just doesn't fit. On average, eight minutes of footage is 2-4 GB. So unless you wanted some extremely compressed files, email is out of the option.

Grandeza

Smash Master
That's cool, don't be a team player or anything. Pistols are cool, too.
Yeah because not running a strella negates everything else I do to be a team player. I guess running Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane, Blackbird and securing objectives every chance I get is automatically negated cause I dislike dying when I need a quick secondary weapon to whip out.

and in other news...

Had a great Discovery comeback with my friends who wouldn't cap a single objective >> We were losing pretty hard, but then I had a nice 12 capture comeback with the second highest on my team being 3 captures. I mean come one, I expect that from randoms, but I wish my friends would play objective a little more. I'm pretty sure that's my highest caps in one Dom game. One of my friends had a 17 cap game a while back which was pretty crazy.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, and my GT is DarkShotF2B.

Yeah because not running a strella negates everything else I do to be a team player. I guess running Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane, Blackbird and securing objectives every chance I get is automatically negated cause I dislike dying when I need a quick secondary weapon to whip out.

and in other news...

Had a great Discovery comeback with my friends who wouldn't cap a single objective >> We were losing pretty hard, but then I had a nice 12 capture comeback with the second highest on my team being 3 captures. I mean come one, I expect that from randoms, but I wish my friends would play objective a little more. I'm pretty sure that's my highest caps in one Dom game. One of my friends had a 17 cap game a while back which was pretty crazy.
Playing the objective all the time doesn't always work. Usually, I prefer a good balance of people who rush for the objective and a couple people who hang back searching for kills. This provides a good defense for the people capping, as well as luring easy bait for the people on the hunt.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, everyone can't be running around capturing points in Domination because the team will follow right behind you and take the flag after you. Some people need to get kills too.

Me for instance, I always chill out near one of the objectives (usually the one we spawn near) and 90 percent of the time, that point is never captured by the other team. To me, defending is just as good as capturing.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
There's an edit button for a reason. Just saying.

But I do agree with you. If you don't play the objective, especially under pressure, they won't be on my friends list very long.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sending recorded files over the internet is like trying to flush an elephant down the toilet. It just doesn't fit. On average, eight minutes of footage is 2-4 GB. So unless you wanted some extremely compressed files, email is out of the option.
All right, groovy.

In that case, I'd like to talk to you about the ideas I have towards how I'd like this video to look, etc. I sent you a friend request (through the power of lurking, I followed your profile to your youtube, to which I saw you were friends with TipTup, to which I looked at his friends list. HUZZAH FOR CREEPERS! >_>)

Anyway, looking forward to working with you. Thanks mate.

Also, the footage I have in my file share right now is what I have for now. I intend to get some more up, as I'm sure 6 files isn't enough. :-/

Which bugs me to no end that I can't save clips to the 360s HD. >__<

Halo: 1 CoD: 0

Grandeza

Smash Master
I agree that everyone can't rush objectives all the time but my friends were not making any effort to defend objectives when they were right next to them! And I was mostly responding to mad saying that apparently you're ONLY a team player if you run Strella which is silly. There are plenty of other ways to be a team player.(team killstreaks, playing objectively) Taking out air support is just one of the many helpful things for a team!

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I agree that everyone can't rush objectives all the time but my friends were not making any effort to defend objectives when they were right next to them! And I was mostly responding to mad saying that apparently you're ONLY a team player if you run Strella which is silly. There are plenty of other ways to be a team player.(team killstreaks, playing objectively) Taking out air support is just one of the many helpful things for a team!
The key, as I mentioned, is "balance". You were unfortunately stuck with a bunch of tards floating somewhere in the middle of the spectrum that ranges from:

Only Goes for Kills <-------------------------------> Only Goes for Objective

This can be frustrating, since many new players start in the middle, not knowing their strengths. Teams must be comprised of people from all over the spectrum, not just one type.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Started playing Black Ops' online MP today with some friends.

First game: Nuketown. I died (as in I didn't start off my Blops career with a kill) cause a teammate blocked my way as I was running away from a grenade. :mad:

But I still went positive. :)

So far, the MP is pretty good. Array is a good map too.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
All right, groovy.

In that case, I'd like to talk to you about the ideas I have towards how I'd like this video to look, etc. I sent you a friend request (through the power of lurking, I followed your profile to your youtube, to which I saw you were friends with TipTup, to which I looked at his friends list. HUZZAH FOR CREEPERS! >_>)
He only lives a couple minutes away from me. :awesome:

In other news, grip on the 74u no longer floats my boat. Yay nerf.

Needs moar famas.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Needs moar famas.
Groovy! :D He suggested I talk to you about a couple things too, so standyby.

Started playing Black Ops' online MP today with some friends.

First game: Nuketown. I died (as in I didn't start off my Blops career with a kill) cause a teammate blocked my way as I was running away from a grenade. :mad:

But I still went positive. :)

So far, the MP is pretty good. Array is a good map too.
Yay positive! I told this MP was pretty good. I'm still playing, right? ;)

I like the AUG more than the famas. It seems to be better, kick wise.
I tried the AUG a while ago, and didn't like it. I might try it again later.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
While I don't encourage it with any other gun except for things like the Uzi, try your favorite RD sight on it. It works wonders.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman

Needs moar famas.
damn, son. so no more warlord pro w/ grip and rapid fire making that **** unstoppable at close range? poop on yo face, Treyarch.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
damn, son. so no more warlord pro w/ grip and rapid fire making that **** unstoppable at close range? poop on yo face, Treyarch.
Are you trying to say nerfing the Ak74u is a bad thing? I really don't see how its bad, the gun is still incredibly good.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
While I don't encourage it with any other gun except for things like the Uzi, try your favorite RD sight on it. It works wonders.
Spectere RDS is the bomb. I love the RDS so much. Especially for doing the Phenom (9 headshots with said weapon in under 40 minutes). I've never not gotten a Phenom contract done in one game completely because of the RDS, including Uzi Phenom.

Top Bottom