• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
For one, the gun is the G11 not G6. Two, AK74u you unlock at level 17 whereas G11 is level 44. Three, close range G11 is garbage whereas 74u is decent long range and excellent close range. Any other dumb questions?
I know this has already been recognized, but we call the G11 the G6 (just for emphasis).
Also, nobody acknowledged how you talked about the 74u.
So, let me just say that G11 has built in steady aim. When combined with steady aim, it has amazing hipfire. It has built in extended mags. It has a good reload for a gun with 48 bullets, too.
G11 is not garbage close range. The only reason you may think that is because of the fact that you can die if you don't hit the first burst of the G11. Panic spraying whenever you see anybody close up isn't smart, but being patient makes the G11 much better at close range, especially with steady aim (which you should be running). I don't know if you knew, but it is much hard to kill with the 74u at long range now, too, good sir.
Finally, if you intend to hang out in this thread, I'd appreciate it if you were a bit more tolerant of a laid back, nontryhard community.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
It has more kick, which I appreciate.
I don't like dying to people who don't have to worry about kick with guns that should have kick.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I know this has already been recognized, but we call the G11 the G6 (just for emphasis).
Also, nobody acknowledged how you talked about the 74u.
So, let me just say that G11 has built in steady aim. When combined with steady aim, it has amazing hipfire. It has built in extended mags. It has a good reload for a gun with 48 bullets, too.
G11 is not garbage close range. The only reason you may think that is because of the fact that you can die if you don't hit the first burst of the G11. Panic spraying whenever you see anybody close up isn't smart, but being patient makes the G11 much better at close range, especially with steady aim (which you should be running). I don't know if you knew, but it is much hard to kill with the 74u at long range now, too, good sir.
Finally, if you intend to hang out in this thread, I'd appreciate it if you were a bit more tolerant of a laid back, nontryhard community.
Oh golly. Here we go.
I agree with you, but let's just see where this goes.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
They nerfed the Center Speed, or the time it takes for the gun to recover after shooting. Two things create recoil: Kick and Center Speed. So yeah, they nerfed the recoil, but I don't know by how much, I don't use it anyways.

EDIT:
I'm a massive tryhard sometimes, but I also like to have fun with the game. I used to flame/argue with a lot of people here, but really, that's stupid. I do like to voice my opinion about things though, such as ghost. **** GHOST. g11 da bess. Things like that. But the more I play this game, the more I can appreciate how other people find enjoyment in the game.

/rambling

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
For some reason I've never been good with the G11, next time I unlock it I'll probably try it with steady aim as you suggested, thanks.

Fletch

Smash Master
They nerfed the Center Speed, or the time it takes for the gun to recover after shooting. Two things create recoil: Kick and Center Speed. So yeah, they nerfed the recoil, but I don't know by how much, I don't use it anyways.

EDIT:
I'm a massive tryhard sometimes, but I also like to have fun with the game. I used to flame/argue with a lot of people here, but really, that's stupid. I do like to voice my opinion about things though, such as ghost. **** GHOST. g11 da bess. Things like that. But the more I play this game, the more I can appreciate how other people find enjoyment in the game.

/rambling
Ghost is probably the best first tier perk, I'd like to see an argument to the contrary. I do hate when people use it though, but I have it on a couple of my classes, it is a near necessity on some maps (Nuketown says hi).

M.K

Level 55
Oh god why did I Prestige.

This is awful...it's like....knowing exactly what to do, but having to do it with all your limbs chopped off.

......****.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ghost is probably the best first tier perk, I'd like to see an argument to the contrary. I do hate when people use it though, but I have it on a couple of my classes, it is a near necessity on some maps (Nuketown says hi).
OBJECTION!

Flak Jacket is the best first tier class. In comparison to being sneaky, I think it's much better to survive Nades that are being chucked at you every 5 minutes and being able to screw around with campers that have Claymores up

EDIT: I don't mind prestiging. Imo it's all about using the default MP5K class for just a bit until I reach level 14 where I can stall some time with the FAMAS, then reach lvl 20 and get my Galil and cause chaos for the rest of the prestige, until I unlock other neat stuff like the PGS1 for specific maps like Array

I will admit though, not having the Strella at the beginning of a prestige is a real ball buster

S

smash brawl player 99021

Huh...I almost agree.
Flak Jacket is so pro in Objection games. I can just take explosives while I'm hopping on the Domination Point.
Team Player>Selfish Ghost prick.

Fletch

Smash Master
OBJECTION!

Flak Jacket is the best first tier class. In comparison to being sneaky, I think it's much better to survive Nades that are being chucked at you every 5 minutes and being able to screw around with campers that have Claymores up

Except that nades and explosives completely suck in this game, and flashes or Hacker Pro completely negate claymores.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Huh...I almost agree.
Flak Jacket is so pro in Objection games. I can just take explosives while I'm hopping on the Domination Point.
Team Player>Selfish Ghost prick.
I wouldn't really call Ghost selfish since you can use it to easily take out chopper gunners if you have the strela. Well unless its nuketown. But if there is a chopper gunner or gunship you NEED someone who has Ghost and a Strela equipped. Otherwise the team will be getting spawn killed the entire time pretty much.

Edit: Also, Flak Jacket is pretty great though. Explosives are actually decently powerful in this game, if you cook a frag grenade enough, it can be very useful against campers. So Flak Jacket is definitely a very useful perk, especially in objectives as Icy has already said.

Fletch

Smash Master
I wouldn't really call Ghost selfish since you can use it to easily take out chopper gunners if you have the strela. Well unless its nuketown. But if there is a chopper gunner or gunship you NEED someone who has Ghost and a Strela equipped. Otherwise the team will be getting spawn killed the entire time pretty much.

Edit: Also, Flak Jacket is pretty great though. Explosives are actually decently powerful in this game, if you cook a frag grenade enough, it can be very useful against campers. So Flak Jacket is definitely a very useful perk, especially in objectives as Icy has already said.
Lack of powerful tubes, lack of decent secondary explosives, reduction of damage and range on semtex, reduction of ability to resupply tubes/claymores/etc., loss of OMA, loss of danger close, and you think explosives are good in this game? I'm lost.

EDIT: Forgot reduction of throw strength of grenades.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
its good in this game

its broken in mw2
Exactly, I've been killed by randomly thrown semtexes and frags many times. I've been killed by tubes, rpgs, occasionally the M72 Law. Also I've gotten a fair share of kills with frags. In MW2 you can tube someone where the tube hits the ground like 30 feet away from the person and it will kill them. In this game you actually have to aim at the person.

Fletch

Smash Master
Granted I don't really play much MP in BO, but I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been killed by explosives outside of RCs on one hand in this game, and they have all been my fault. That said, I didn't think explosives in MW2 were really overpowered either, just good. I think they suck in BO thoughs, everything about them has been nerfed, and I think Treyarch just did it as a response to OMA tubes.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Went 43-30 something GOING for the god damn objective in Demo. >_> And we lost, because idiot randoms need their kills, which is why I was the only positive on my team. /facepalm

Double XP was not enjoyed as much as I'd have liked because work sucks. >_> See you all here at 7am, when my shift starts... AGAIN. U_U

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Oh god why did I Prestige.

This is awful...it's like....knowing exactly what to do, but having to do it with all your limbs chopped off.

......****.
You get plenty of good weapons early on. MP5K too good.

EDIT: I don't mind prestiging. Imo it's all about using the default MP5K class for just a bit until I reach level 14 where I can stall some time with the FAMAS, then reach lvl 20 and get my Galil and cause chaos for the rest of the prestige, until I unlock other neat stuff like the PGS1 for specific maps like Array

I will admit though, not having the Strella at the beginning of a prestige is a real ball buster
Use the SAM Turret.

I don't buy a gun/attachment until I finish buying C4, Motion Sensor, TI, Marathon, SoH, Steady Aim, Ghost, Hacker, Flak Jacket, Scavenger, and Hardline.

So basically, I'm using an Olympia/MP5K no attachments until level 20-ish.

Lack of powerful tubes, lack of decent secondary explosives, reduction of damage and range on semtex, reduction of ability to resupply tubes/claymores/etc., loss of OMA, loss of danger close, and you think explosives are good in this game? I'm lost.

EDIT: Forgot reduction of throw strength of grenades.
Because they are good. Just because people don't die from explosions 3131 yards away doesn't mean they're bad. Frags still clear people out of camp spots and through windows. Claymores still kill people easily. Launchers are a little harder to earn kills with, but they get the job done. I ran into a group in SnD that was using launchers and they were getting a lot of kills with them. Explosions **** objective points and such as well.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you aren't using it, then why do you have trouble giving it up?

Just buy stuff for your playercard.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Because they are good. Just because people don't die from explosions 3131 yards away doesn't mean they're bad. Frags still clear people out of camp spots and through windows. Claymores still kill people easily. Launchers are a little harder to earn kills with, but they get the job done. I ran into a group in SnD that was using launchers and they were getting a lot of kills with them. Explosions **** objective points and such as well.

<3

Maybe the person doesn't go for the objective...I'd like to see someone try to capture a Headquarters point against a capable team without dying to a Frag/Semtex once.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This game is pretty good. I beat the first two missions of the single player and played some more combat training.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I like it how you can get CoD points while playing combat training. Already begun buying attachments and perks for my classes. :)

I hate it how I keep on accidentally dolphin diving though. =/

S

smash brawl player 99021

I like it how you can get CoD points while playing combat training. Already begun buying attachments and perks for my classes. :)

I hate it how I keep on accidentally dolphin diving though. =/
Uhh...
Combat Training points don't count towards online MP.

:s

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Why do people go 11-30? Is it that hard to not die? I ve only had one negative game in my past ten. Randoms need to stop rushing everywhere giving them points.

/bieber

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Why do people go 11-30? Is it that hard to not die? I ve only had one negative game in my past ten. Randoms need to stop rushing everywhere giving them points.

/bieber
Yeah I notice this a lot too. Though sometimes people just have bad games. Especially on Berlin Wall, campiest map in the game if you ask me.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I disagree. Flak Jacket is easily the best Tier One perk. Ghost is just annoying. Without Ghost Pro, you're still completely susceptible to every killstreak outside of Spy Plane. Flak Jacket also protects you from Claymores and C4 without the use of Hacker. Ghost Pro is really good, but useless if the enemy can't get air support up (ie. a competitive match of any sort), while Flak Jacket is always useful.

Grandeza

Smash Master
If you aren't using it, then why do you have trouble giving it up?

Just buy stuff for your playercard.
Maybe. I've been thinking about it a lot. When I get 200 or 300k I'm probably going to buy every gun, every attachment, ever camo and everything I could possibly buy(assuming ~250k would be enough for all of it).

Sariku

Smash Master

EDIT:

/rambling
Like playing on Nuketown in an unlimited RC-XD FFA private lobby playing to 100,000 points? :D

I've been trying to play MW2 recently, but as I'm assuming all PS3 players know, it's unplayable now, :/ Has anyone had any luck with random matches? I lost all my gun attachments last night due to the pieces of **** who are hacking the game, :/

S

smash brawl player 99021

I disagree. Flak Jacket is easily the best Tier One perk. Ghost is just annoying. Without Ghost Pro, you're still completely susceptible to every killstreak outside of Spy Plane. Flak Jacket also protects you from Claymores and C4 without the use of Hacker. Ghost Pro is really good, but useless if the enemy can't get air support up (ie. a competitive match of any sort), while Flak Jacket is always useful.
Good job Leafy.
^_^

Grandeza

Smash Master
Meh Ghost Pro is great. Even regular ghost is awesome to avoid the countless spy planes that seem to be constantly in the air. I'm running hardline now(/in b4 nub comments) but may switch to flack jacket soon. I almost always run counter spy planes that I use whenever the enemy gets a spy plane or blackbird. i can just imagine the frustration of getting the blackbird and having it blocked by a counter spy plane for practically the whole time it's out.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Meh Ghost Pro is great. Even regular ghost is awesome to avoid the countless spy planes that seem to be constantly in the air. I'm running hardline now(/in b4 nub comments) but may switch to flack jacket soon. I almost always run counter spy planes that I use whenever the enemy gets a spy plane or blackbird. i can just imagine the frustration of getting the blackbird and having it blocked by a counter spy plane for practically the whole time it's out.
That's why I equip the Strela, when I'm playing those spy planes and counters are scrapped as soon as they come in. This prestige I only had the Strela on my Ghost class, but I'll probably equip it on all of my classes(except shotgun and SMG) this way I can take out spy planes whenever.

Top Bottom