• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Does the Suppressor really lower range? It just seems to lower damage. Unless distance also relates to damage but I never really noticed much of a difference, obviously its easier to kill at close distances but at close distances its easier to actually hit your target.

Fletch

Smash Master
Does the Suppressor really lower range? It just seems to lower damage. Unless distance also relates to damage but I never really noticed much of a difference, obviously its easier to kill at close distances but at close distances its easier to actually hit your target.
All bullet guns for the most part have infinite range, suppressors just lower the range at which they do max damage.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Fletch is on the right track.

Look at it like this:

RNG|----5----10----15----20---25---30
D30|_______
D20|............\
D10|.............\_______________
D05|

Okay, this is a terrible example, but it'll work. Let's look at the Skorpion (These numbers arent' exact), and say it does 30 damage in a range of 10 feet. AFTER 10 feet, the damage starts to drop off, ie, the further away you get from 10, like 11, 12, etc. At 15feet, the damage has dropped off completely, getting a maximum amount of damage at 10 per bullet.

Adding a suppressor reduces your maximum range (10 feet) to say, 7.

Did this make sense?

M.K

Level 55
@Hot_Arms and Odin,

I totally use Extended Mags! I remember reading something about the clip size being one of the Stoner's only glaring weaknesses. Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough to use the gun without a red dot sight, so I use Warlord to get both on their . I know I could be using a better perk, but for now, and for my skill level, it's pretty important that I have an advanced sight.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
its ok, you dont really need sleight of hand as long as you have extendos (unless you use something else for your 2nd tier park)

warlord pro is amazingggg anyways, its what I use

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Fletch is on the right track.

Look at it like this:

RNG|----5----10----15----20---25---30
D30|_______
D20|............\
D10|.............\_______________
D05|

Okay, this is a terrible example, but it'll work. Let's look at the Skorpion (These numbers arent' exact), and say it does 30 damage in a range of 10 feet. AFTER 10 feet, the damage starts to drop off, ie, the further away you get from 10, like 11, 12, etc. At 15feet, the damage has dropped off completely, getting a maximum amount of damage at 10 per bullet.

Adding a suppressor reduces your maximum range (10 feet) to say, 7.

Did this make sense?
Yeah I get what you're saying. Thanks. Also Extended mag on the Stoner is amazing. Extended mag on the M60 is also crazy, 200 clip so you never need to reload, now I just wish the M60 was a better gun.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
@Hot_Arms and Odin,

I totally use Extended Mags! I remember reading something about the clip size being one of the Stoner's only glaring weaknesses. Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough to use the gun without a red dot sight, so I use Warlord to get both on their . I know I could be using a better perk, but for now, and for my skill level, it's pretty important that I have an advanced sight.
I personally prefer the irons, but that's me. The biggest problem I had with the stoner was it's long reload compared to other ARs and LMGs (I think the first LMG is faster?) I use SoH, but that's just my preference.

Warlord Pro+Tomahawks. Yes....

Yeah I get what you're saying. Thanks. Also Extended mag on the Stoner is amazing. Extended mag on the M60 is also crazy, 200 clip so you never need to reload, now I just wish the M60 was a better gun.
Yeah, I slapped extendoes +Grip on to that bad boy and didn't look back. Mostly because I couldn't, as the gun won't let me. :-/

Everyone else seems to be decent with said gun, but a 200 mag is pretty fun.

M.K

Level 55
Ugh, I cannot even log on today. It's so slow. Usually it says "Found XX Matches, Trying to Join..." and now its just the spinny-circle loading thing. T_T
Mannn, I want to shoot people.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Wait a couple hours. After the game starts, I'm sure the community will plummet for the day.

EDIT: For those living under a rock, by 'the game', I mean, "The Super Bowl".

Super Bowl [noun]: The Super Bowl is the championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the United States, culminating a season that begins in the late summer of the previous calendar year. The Super Bowl uses Roman numerals to identify each game, rather than the year in which it is held. For example, Super Bowl I was played on January 15, 1967, following the regular season played in 1966, while Super Bowl XLV will be played on February 6, 2011, to determine the champion of the 2010 regular season.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So today my friend and I walked into our local EBgames and he wanted to buy Black Ops. We agreed to split it 50/50 so I have the game for this week.

Played some combat training and got to wave 7 in zombies... :(

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
^I know, I don't understand why people go for the AK74u over the G6 when it's that good.
For one, the gun is the G11 not G6. Two, AK74u you unlock at level 17 whereas G11 is level 44. Three, close range G11 is garbage whereas 74u is decent long range and excellent close range. Any other dumb questions?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
For one, the gun is the G11 not G6. Two, AK74u you unlock at level 17 whereas G11 is level 44. Three, close range G11 is garbage whereas 74u is decent long range and excellent close range. Any other dumb questions?
Yea, have you even payed attention to any of this thread, assuming you've read posts whenever they're posted? If you have, then you should know some of us screw around with the names of weapons and whatnot.

LOL96=L96?
Boulder=Stoner?
G6=G11?

Heck ODIN even used the name "Boulder" for the Stoner on the last page.

I understand the part about the lower level unlocks but imo you came off as a bit harsh in your post with the wrong weapon name thing.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Yea, have you even payed attention to any of this thread, assuming you've read posts whenever they're posted? If you have, then you should know some of us screw around with the names of weapons and whatnot.

LOL96=L96?
Boulder=Stoner?
G6=G11?

Heck ODIN even used the name "Boulder" for the Stoner on the last page.

I understand the part about the lower level unlocks but imo you came off as a bit harsh in your post with the wrong weapon name thing.
Regardless if I dont no the "slang" the question was dumb and that was my point...

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
ive never used the 74u, should i start?

should everyone use the 74u

im so confused at what to dooooo argh

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The famas looks like a sandwich.

Silver cardboard bread with some rocks in the middle.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Am I the only person who hasn't used a RDS/Reflex once in BlOps?
I use it on the MAN16 and when I go headshot whoring for contracts.

So I was using the MP5K in SnD the other day, and after I got the final kill, a couple people said, "What's that emblem from? It's a Nintendo 64 thing, right?" After I told them, they were like "SMASH BROTHERS MAN! THAT GAME IS AWESOME!" Best emblem ever.

I also got a guy to say "Why are you still using the MP5? You're level 42." He's just mad that MP5 Rapid Fire >>>>>>>>>>>> AK74.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I agree, nice shot.

I'm lucky if I can just get a quickscope normally much less jump off a building after doing a 360 and getting the kill on some dude who's like across the map

Grandeza

Smash Master
Don't be an *******. He was just stating his preference for the G11 over the AK74u. You don't need to be such a douchebag about it when it was an obvious rhetorical question.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Started Nazi Zombies at 9ish
Got to round 45
I nearly clutched it, but they kept pouring out the windows.
Last round time: 24 minutes
Holy...****.

Also, hit 10th prestige tonight. 3.12 K/D, 2.70 W/L (Should be around 30, even with ragequits. Curse you, Connection Interrupted.), With an ongoing Win streak of 260. Took a lot longer than I thought, but still got it done. :)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
When I play by myself, TDM or FFA exclusively. I can lead a lobby 100% of the time and I will generally never lose either of those. When I play in a party I'll play anything, but I prefer Demolition, S&D, or Domination, in that order.

Parties make this game so easy, especially when you can get a full party of people like WingsofRedemption and ronaldinho1224(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz3X4fpHBPQ) going.

Top Bottom