• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
damn, son. so no more warlord pro w/ grip and rapid fire making that **** unstoppable at close range? poop on yo face, Treyarch.
Rapid fire is still pretty damn good on it. The grip is just way less effective now, so I just don't use it.

Are you trying to say nerfing the Ak74u is a bad thing? I really don't see how its bad, the gun is still incredibly good.
It's perfect how it is right now. If they nerf it anymore I'll **** bricks, because it's really not that good.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Never thought it was that good from the beginning. That being said I'm both:
a) Better than all of you. (Just kidding
Not Really. (Just kidding)
)
b) Never been a fan of the SMGs in any game, always been an AR/Sniper guy.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Rapid fire is still pretty damn good on it. The grip is just way less effective now, so I just don't use it.

It's perfect how it is right now. If they nerf it anymore I'll **** bricks, because it's really not that good.
When Treyarch promised they would slowly de-nerf things, I didn't realize that they were lying out of their bums. Not to say they didn't patch anything, cuz they did. It's just that everything you'd expect them NOT to nerf, they've started to nerf.

Also, what the heck is up with people running around with toobs recently? Did noobtubes go supersayan or something, cuz I don't remember them ever being as annoying as they have been in the past couple weeks or so. Or maybe it's just that the people who resort to using them suck so bad that they only just got enough CoD points to buy the damn thing.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I don't think anybody has a 260 winning streak.
If only you played on the 360...
If only.
I played on 360 before I moved to PS3. As a matter of fact, I've owned a PS3 for less than a year. I stopped playing on Xbox around the end of World at War. No real reason outside of the fact that my brother got a PS3 and I wanted to play around with it for a while. I only got my PS3 in March of 2010. If I came to Xbox after I got used to the controller again, my stats would probably be even better than they are here. I still suck with the PS3 controller, at the end of WaW, my K/D was 4.23, I'm still trying to aim for that on any CoD game on PS3, and I haven't done it.

Also, I think that the vast majority of you underestimate the capacity of PS3 players. I probably have the most stacked friends list here, with over half of my friends list rocking K/Ds in the range of 3.00-8.50, and maybe 3 of those people have negative W/Ls, and we still run into our share of tough matches, but we play to win. It's not that hard to keep a win streak going when your weakest player has a 3 K/D. Our community is a lot smaller, but as the person who has played this series longer than anybody else here on both consoles, there is really no difference in skill level of the players on each console.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I was saying that I'd want to play with you because of your good win streak and/or K/D.
I don't think there is too much of a difference between consoles (except the ps3 has more doubles)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I was saying that I'd want to play with you because of your good win streak and/or K/D.
I don't think there is too much of a difference between consoles (except the ps3 has more doubles)
I just meant in general, not you directly. I also wanna go back to XBL and see if it's changed any, because all I use my Xbox for ATM is playing DDR with my girlfriend. I might be reviving my Xbox for Marvel vs Capcom 3, if I do, I'll probably also pick up Black Ops for the Xbox also.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
When Treyarch promised they would slowly de-nerf things, I didn't realize that they were lying out of their bums. Not to say they didn't patch anything, cuz they did. It's just that everything you'd expect them NOT to nerf, they've started to nerf.

Also, what the heck is up with people running around with toobs recently? Did noobtubes go supersayan or something, cuz I don't remember them ever being as annoying as they have been in the past couple weeks or so. Or maybe it's just that the people who resort to using them suck so bad that they only just got enough CoD points to buy the damn thing.
Eh, they can useful against people that camp all day. Then again nova gas works just as well.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
LOL Odin.

Actually, with theatre mode, I could probably take Wretched into some of my matches and explain what I do during them. It's probably the best way I could do it.

Fletch

Smash Master
Also, I think that the vast majority of you underestimate the capacity of PS3 players. I probably have the most stacked friends list here, with over half of my friends list rocking K/Ds in the range of 3.00-8.50, and maybe 3 of those people have negative W/Ls, and we still run into our share of tough matches, but we play to win. It's not that hard to keep a win streak going when your weakest player has a 3 K/D. Our community is a lot smaller, but as the person who has played this series longer than anybody else here on both consoles, there is really no difference in skill level of the players on each console.
Agreed here. I have all of the CoD series on both xbox and playstation, and there is no difference between the two, except for the vocal amount of douchebags on xbox haha. I play on PS3 because it seems like the xbox has the younger crowd, I like the PS3 controller more for its side-by-side sticks, and because PS3 is easier to move to multiple outputs (my ps3 is hooked up to a projector, 55 inch plasma, and a smaller flat panel). That said, I wouldn't mind playing with you 360 players once in a while to see what's up, but I'd prefer some MW2 or MW1.

Damn Fletch, those were some legit as **** Zombie rounds.

Hilarious as hell how I summed 50k points at the most though XD
Great games Roach, I really need to get better at MP, but I'm not very aggressive yet. Zombies is way more fun anyways haha, sorry my connection kept crapping out on us, that probably cost us a couple rounds. Playing in later rounds with no Ray Gun/Thunder Gun is very difficult though, hopefully you guys don't get them all next time! If you want to play tomorrow, I'd like to play again. My roommate that was playing with us has only played a couple of times, so sorry if I was trying to teach him in-game so much. Considering all that, we did very well. If anyone else wants in let me know, guess I'll have to set aside a couple hours to get far.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
That's because the PS3 has no games doesn't come with a mic/headset.

LOL Odin.

Actually, with theatre mode, I could probably take Wretched into some of my matches and explain what I do during them. It's probably the best way I could do it.
Wretched: "So what did you want to do at this part of the game?"
Delta: "Be Delta."
Wretched: "............"
Delta: :awesome:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
All of us: "Delta why are you so good and amazing?"
Delta: "It's easy guys, just be like me owait........"
All of us: :(
Delta:"Don't worry about how bad you are. I got this."

*Delta proceeds to **** opposing team while rest of us hide together on Firing Range*

true story btw xD

Sariku

Smash Master
I just meant in general, not you directly. I also wanna go back to XBL and see if it's changed any, because all I use my Xbox for ATM is playing DDR with my girlfriend. I might be reviving my Xbox for Marvel vs Capcom 3, if I do, I'll probably also pick up Black Ops for the Xbox also.
Why would you ever want to pick up an amazing game like that on a console with the ****tiest of controllers? :/

Fletch

Smash Master
That's not an excuse since headsets are dirt cheap now. Stop failing
I got my ps3 headset for 19.99 and it came with a $20 mail in rebate card, so I actually got paid an entire penny to get my headset. Works great too.

Sariku

Smash Master
Joke post?
I over exaggerated a bit, but for fighting games? Unless you're using a fight pad, they're a joke on the 360, :/ I haven't tried the new controller's d-pad yet, but I can't imagine it even coming close to the PS3 controllers precision.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I over exaggerated a bit, but for fighting games? Unless you're using a fight pad, they're a joke on the 360, :/ I haven't tried the new controller's d-pad yet, but I can't imagine it even coming close to the PS3 controllers precision.
Oh yeah, I can agree with you on that. The d-pad on the 360 sucks but it's good for shooters.

Top Bottom