• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is Part of the 2010 MLG season: $60,000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Great post JV.

Allow me to make one last post on the whole Melee thing. I know a lot of people who prefer Melee to Brawl. As a matter of fact, I'm one of them. But you know what? This isn't about which game is better. This is about Brawl getting a golden opportunity to grow into something truly special. If you are really too bitter about all this to recognize the negative impact your Melee posts are having, then you really need to reconsider if you are part of a community here or not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVTaD1PY1aw

Also, let me add that I did enjoy playing Melee , but the people I played with were elitist douchebags so that turned me away from the game.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i like both game, i just wish there was room for the both of them...

JV post makes sense, and they'll have to see for themselves if brawl is worth keeping on the circuit. this is a good opportunity for the smash community to back in the spotlight, so to that i say...

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Brawl players are more friendly then Melee players since they like both games and acknowledge Melee. Though there are some melee players that acknowledges Brawl. I am sad that this community feels so "divided" and not "reunited"

Let's just see how well MLG Brawl is gonna be :)

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
Is there any sort of time frame we are looking at for the rule set, stage bans, etc?

Either way, great stuff MLG. Glad to see you're finally giving this game a chance. I do look forward to attending my first event. =)

nevershootme

Smash Master
So how are you guys going to address the issue of TV's in MLG Brawl. Knowing that HDTV's have been primarily used for Halo and such.

HDTV's + Brawl = Not good in terms of input lag gameplay, even with Component Cables it's still not enough.

Does MLG have a stockpile of CRT's to alleviate the issue?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
You have an issue with component cable HDTV's on brawl? I'm as finicky as it gets about lag and even I'm not anal enough to whine as long as the right cables are being used.

As for people *****ing and whining about their favorite nintendo product not getting center stage....

nevershootme

Smash Master
You have an issue with component cable HDTV's on brawl? I'm as finicky as it gets about lag and even I'm not anal enough to whine as long as the right cables are being used.
to me I don't care, but to some it will be a *****ing and whining concern on how they want to play. all brands of HDTV's have it's own set of latency and i've played on a fair amount of HDTV's (Samsung, Viewsonic, Sony) with and without "Game mode" on each TV and every single one is a different effect with Component Cables and Wii set to HD mode (480p). obviously with regular cables will lag as hell. heck even Aspect ratio settings on tv's affect the latency

I will repeat, I don't ****ing care on my end, I adjust swiftly, Some will just whine and whine hard

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The Answer to the LAG

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a Wii to VGA cable and it will be here in a couple of days. VGA output doesn't upscale the image (reason of lag on an HDTV).

Hopefully this will allow us to work with HDTVs very easily. I'll keep everyone posted on this.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ya that should resolve the issue

also big thanks for JV for letting me know about if Apex was going to be on the same date. Now I am set and my date is 100% official and no issues now :)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I feel embarrassed to be assosiated with some of these smash players who are trolling this thread saying "melee > brawl".

This is really great news claps. I'm super excited. I hope they have an event here in Dallas. I heard they did in 07, but I didn't live around here back then.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
This just in, Mario Party 8 is on the MLG circuit.

Lol jk, I'm happy to see Smash at MLG, going to be nice watching it on the stream like the good old days.

Deff going to meadowlands.

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
This is really great for Brawl.. lots of great stuff will come from this.
Hopefully some pros that dropped the game pick it back up >.>
Also, B+ side tournaments there?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I can't wait to see everyone cheering over Metaknight dittos in the finals......

Man, it's times like these I wish Brawl never even came out.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Great post JV.

Allow me to make one last post on the whole Melee thing. I know a lot of people who prefer Melee to Brawl. As a matter of fact, I'm one of them. But you know what? This isn't about which game is better. This is about Brawl getting a golden opportunity to grow into something truly special. If you are really too bitter about all this to recognize the negative impact your Melee posts are having, then you really need to reconsider if you are part of a community here or not.
spoken like a true
O.G.

Jem.

Smash Master
Can't wait!!! I'll be there in Orlando for sureee. If MLG ever needs to contact me about rules/etc just let me know, been part of the community since 2003. :) awesomee

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
HAHAHA!!!!!! SUCK A **** MELEE BALLHUGGERS!!!!! MLG AND BRAWL JUST GOT TOGETHER FASTER THAN THEY DID WITH MELEE. HAHA!!!!! **** YOUR OLD *** GAME. GO GET ***** BY PUFF FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. META KNIGHT RULEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

just had to get that out of my system.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
HAHAHA!!!!!! SUCK A **** MELEE BALLHUGGERS!!!!! MLG AND BRAWL JUST GOT TOGETHER FASTER THAN THEY DID WITH MELEE. HAHA!!!!! **** YOUR OLD *** GAME. GO GET ***** BY PUFF FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. META KNIGHT RULEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Doesn't just apply to the melee players.

I'm out of those pictures now.

Sharky

Smash Master
ok I'm happy for brawl and everything, too, but I can't let that comment slide.

MLG didn't start til 2004, and they picked up melee that very same year. The first year that didn't have melee was 2007

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I want to say yes.

But still, I doubt that they would encourage it because it runs through homebrew which I'm pretty sure will rise suspicion of other activities, but hey that just my opinion.

B+ is fun.
No no i totally agree, such a professional event they probably would not tolerate something so 3rd party and un intended. I know i already dont for the same reasons.

while i dont like this dumb melee vs brawl crap, this is pretty uncalled for give melee its space

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ok I'm happy for brawl and everything, too, but I can't let that comment slide.

MLG didn't start til 2004, and they picked up melee that very same year. The first year that didn't have melee was 2007
ohhhh snap!

META KNIGHT RULEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
:|
Please give that guy a 55 point infraction. How dare someone come in here and bash Melee after J.V. himself just ended the argument.
Yeah, it's old...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If MLG is willing to pick up Brawl (which actually seems to be on the decline, at least in my region, thanks to a stagnation of player skill, and the top 3 being the same people in virtually every tournament) then I hope they decide to pick up Super Street Fighter IV.

How can they let something as huge as that pass them by?

So Fatal

Smash Master
If MLG is willing to pick up Brawl (which actually seems to be on the decline, at least in my region, thanks to a stagnation of player skill, and the top 3 being the same people in virtually every tournament) then I hope they decide to pick up Super Street Fighter IV.

How can they let something as huge as that pass them by?
I wish people would ****ing read the announcement

The Perfect Combo
Tekken 6 for the Playstation 3 will be storming the Pro Circuit in 2010, beginning with MLG Orlando April 16-18. This fast-paced and highly technical fighter will bring together the most skilled competitors from all over the country to see who will emerge victorious in a season-long struggle for dominance.

* Registration for MLG Orlando Opens March 17 at 7pm ET
* The top 16 ranked players overall will earn pro status following the second Live Competition
* Over $60,000 in season prizes. Full prize list
* The first Tekken 6 Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier registration opens on March 15, and competition begins on March 29.
* MLG is also making efforts to add Street Fighter IV to the Pro Circuit, and further announcements will be made if there are any developments on this.
* More info coming soon!

Prawn

Smash Master
Super Smash Brothers Brawl is the sequel to the smash-hit Super Smash Brothers Melee, which is in turn the sequal to Super Smash Brothers, released for the N64.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Please give that guy a 5 point infraction. How dare someone come in here and bash Melee after J.V. himself just ended the argument.
Thy will be done.

You guys all need to smarten up. The heads of MLG, the people who own this website, and hold the success of the future of smash in their hands are looking at these threads and you are embarrassing the community.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Any post that mentions Melee after this gets a major spam warning. Regardless of context.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl is the sequel to the smash-hit Super Smash Brothers Melee, which is in turn the sequal to Super Smash Brothers, released for the N64.
I lol'd.

I just hope someone tripping doesn't ruin a Grand Finals game or something since they won't be using hacked wii's to remove it...that would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom