• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is Part of the 2010 MLG season: $60,000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I lol'd.

I just hope someone tripping doesn't ruin a Grand Finals game or something since they won't be using hacked wii's to remove it...that would suck.
IIRC MLG uses a modified form of Halo 3, but this has been done with Bungie's blessing. I highly doubt Nintendo would condone the same thing. However, it may be up to MLG on this spot. Can't say for sure.

Can anyone clarify the modified Halo 3 bit for me?

So Fatal

Smash Master
IIRC MLG uses a modified form of Halo 3, but this has been done with Bungie's blessing. I highly doubt Nintendo would condone the same thing. However, it may be up to MLG on this spot. Can't say for sure.

Can anyone clarify the modified Halo 3 bit for me?
halo 3 has a feature called forge in the game, anyone can modify anything...:)

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Yeah the whole Halo 3 being modded thing is no big deal because forge mode allows you to do all that legally.

Change stage spawns, game speed, gravity, weapon placement, stage structure.

If only brawl had something that in depth.

Prawn

Smash Master
Yeah the whole Halo 3 being modded thing is no big deal because forge mode allows you to do all that legally.

Change stage spawns, game speed, gravity, weapon placement, stage structure.

If only brawl had something that in depth.
LOLOLOL.

wow if this was truly meant to be sarcasm im incredibly impressed. hahaha.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
HAHAHA!!!!!! SUCK A **** MELEE BALLHUGGERS!!!!! MLG AND BRAWL JUST GOT TOGETHER FASTER THAN THEY DID WITH MELEE. HAHA!!!!! **** YOUR OLD *** GAME. GO GET ***** BY PUFF FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. META KNIGHT RULEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

just had to get that out of my system.
lol scrub

MLG picked us up in thier first season, it took yall 2 years. So no, you didn't get picked up faster.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol scrub

MLG picked us up in thier first season, it took yall 2 years. So no, you didn't get picked up faster.
There's actually a specific reason why Brawl wasn't accepted straight off the bat and it has nothing to do with popularity or competitive viability.

Brawl wasn't accepted in its first season because of the economic downturn. It was pushed hard, but there was no getting around it.

There's a lot more to choosing a game to be on the lineup than simply picking what they think is popular. Logistically, they have to worry about shipping entirely new consoles, more TV's (and the right kinds of them).

JV made a thread about it a while ago.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
There's actually a specific reason why Brawl wasn't accepted straight off the bat and it has nothing to do with popularity or competitive viability.

Brawl wasn't accepted in its first season because of the economic downturn. It was pushed hard, but there was no getting around it.

There's a lot more to choosing a game to be on the lineup than simply picking what they think is popular. Logistically, they have to worry about shipping entirely new consoles, more TV's (and the right kinds of them).

JV made a thread about it a while ago.
oh wow really?...the economy got that bad for them huh..thats a sound decision then:urg: i mean running the type of events they do is already very pricey they have some pretty smart people managing this then.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
microsoft threatened mlg and forced them to have console exclusivity. Meaning that only 360 games and anything related to them would have to be played else they would pull halo ( aka their cash cow ).

After a couple of years that ended and now they are doing multiple consoles this year cause they are finally able to. they picked brawl because it is the newest version.

Its biz not favoritism or anything they did what they had to do. Melee still has tournaments and big ones in the summer.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
WHAT? How are either of those related?
The money involved. It costs more to invest in TV's designed for Wii's, Wii's and copies of the game, add to that shipping them across the country and such as well. It adds up.

When they were exclusive to the 360, they had consoles to use across several games instead of just one.

More than that though, there was no hard, solid evidence for the success of Brawl at that point. I assume MLG wanted to go with what was safe. Last year A LOT of solid data was collect. The kind that can't be ignored.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
^there's also the fact the our community practically split in half since may people felt that converting to brawl wasn't worth it. though brawl had alot of hype beforehand and likely would have been picked up if it weren't for the exclusions.(maybe)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
microsoft threatened mlg and forced them to have console exclusivity. Meaning that only 360 games and anything related to them would have to be played else they would pull halo ( aka their cash cow ).

After a couple of years that ended and now they are doing multiple consoles this year cause they are finally able to. they picked brawl because it is the newest version.

Its biz not favoritism or anything they did what they had to do. Melee still has tournaments and big ones in the summer.
Do you just make things up? O_o

wakka444

Smash Ace
Do you just make things up? O_o
if youre referring to his post about MLGs actions when melee was dropped hes got his facts right...

I just saw the post you quoted....

Let me say right now that MLG invested WAY MORE money into Melee than we ever received in return. Do not say we milked it and then dropped it. Unfortunately as a fledgling company we had to make some tough decisions and Xbox exclusivity was one of them in order to maintain rights for titles. Now we are in a position to be console ambiguous. Please do not make blind assumptions.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
doubles is a pot tournament

thanks for the assist wakka people do not believe me when i say things sometimes lol

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
so one thing says that the online qualifier will not count until columbus... but something else says it will count for orlando... which is true?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I enjoy wifi now being taken seriously.
As I understand it, they're only doing wifi this one time to pre-seed the players for the beginning of the season.

Otherwise we could see what happened at SNES again and have ADHD and Mew2King face off in the first round.

They can't just hold some small qualifier somewhere, logistically, it's the best way for them to do it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, wifi is for scrubs. Last I checked there was some canadian snake player and some Diddy with a mental disorder winning the wifi scene LOL

-_-;;

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Yo in case anyone missed the bazillion other places on the boards you can see this wanted to through it in here too.

We excited to announce the passes for the first Super Smash Bros Brawl event ever to be on the Pro Circuit are on Sale Now at mlgpro.com for MLG Orlando April 16th-18th.

The key MLG staff whom has a ton of experience brining you the best competitive gaming experience out there worked closely with the Brawl Back Room and community standards to come up with a top flight ruleset for MLG Orlando. Everything is more or less set and we are just putting the final touches on. The whole thing should be up shortly.

That said I wanted to give you some information-

Metaknight will not be banned in Orlando: It was a decision that was not taken lightly. We always feel MLG brings the competition to a new level. So we wanted to give the community the opportunity to showcase their "A" game before making a decision that cannot be easily undone. So if, and when, this happens we feel we gave everything fair opportunity and are doing the right thing for the competitive nature of brawl. In addition this is not a change we would like to make mid-season. But we at MLG have always tried to do best for by the game and community competitiveness wise. So if its something that truly needs to happen, we am not completely shutting the door.

Doubles: Will absolutely happen. They will take place on Sunday (Singles will take place Friday-Saturday). We are looking at taking door registration after singles finish till the morning of with 100% cash payouts at the event. Doubles seeding will be based upon the combined total of the 1v1 players comprising the team. Full rules and details are soon to come.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Hey everyone i just bought my pass to the MLG Orlando Tournament. Any idea on when info on times and such will be posted? or if it has already?

Or really any info at all? I bought the pass expecting the email to have some info lol, no luck.

Thanks,
Angbad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom