• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Iv tried almost everything and up b was the fastest, but i could have been doing it wrong with timeing or something, ill have to work on that later. But the reason i nair out of the up b is cause to my knowledge it is the fastest thing to get out of the up b. And the key does beat her uair, but in my situation my dair comes out to slow and i get hit before it is out.

jog

Smash Journeyman
Iv tried almost everything and up b was the fastest, but i could have been doing it wrong with timeing or something, ill have to work on that later. But the reason i nair out of the up b is cause to my knowledge it is the fastest thing to get out of the up b. And the key does beat her uair, but in my situation my dair comes out to slow and i get hit before it is out.
are you slow falling dair? because a fast falling dair should be faster then nair.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
He means faster to come out, not faster to fall..

Try angling the parachute away. Honestly this should not be giving you problems....

K 2

Smash Lord
G&W isn't about fancy things and AT's; he's about the basics: Spacing, playing smart and safe, etc. With most characters, you can afford to make mistakes and take punishment, but since G&W is so light, he has to be spot on with his spacing.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If you want to develop your G&W a lot, play against a variety of characters.

Playing against a good Marth, Snake, DDD, Falco, and MK will teach you a lot. I'm not talking computers, but actualy people who will abuse their character's strengths against you.

Marth abuses spacing and your multi-hit lag with UpB.
Snake punishes mistakes hard and teaches when not to attack.
DDD abuses his shield, priority, and weight.
Falco abuses grabs and limits your bucket braking.
MK teaches you to Smash DI and approach better.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
lmao ^^

ploat wins.

but yeah, G&W isn't an AT heavy character, and now looking at the game, i'd rather it stay that way. makes G&W one of the only characters with originality

K 2

Smash Lord
G&W wasn't hit any KO moves. Fox was charging his smashes the whole time, which made the move very obvious. That G&W was good at avoiding the deadly moves. Fox's dtilt and dash attack suck in terms of knockback.

Noa.

Smash Master
My comment earlier about G&W not having ATs, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I was just pointing it out. I know that G&W doesn't really need Ats. I was talking to a Peach main, and he was telling me about all these ATs that he was learning for her, and then when he asked me about G&W, I just kinda looked at him and said, "Yeah, we only got bucket braking, which helps us survive." I was just pointing out the fact. I prefer that fact that we don't need to learn anything to complicated.

Neb

Smash Lord
Heheh, if G&W had one good AT, he'd be borderline broken, or just plain br0ken.
Picture him with a chain grab, or a grab release game like Bowser's.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Its good, but it aint Bowser Grab Release good...

Unfortunately.

Also, can we boost grab worth a dam? I doubt it, our dash doesn't carry that much momentum...

Neb

Smash Lord
Our boost grab sucks, but our running pivot grab is awesome.
Its a great crossup since it practically magnets opponents into G&W grasp.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Gotta start working on that. I find that I only really get grabs on players that I am vastly better than... I should learn to adapt it more into my game.

K 2

Smash Lord
Turtle is our main approach and one of our best damage racking moves. It's very vital to G&W's strategy, but it can be punished hard by a select few characters (Marth...MK...)

What's RAC? (Reverse Aerial...Crouch?...lol)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think he means RAR.

If you can't figure out RARing in a matter of hours, you really shouldn't be allowed to drive.

K 2

Smash Lord
I actually don't use RAR that much. I usually just face backwards and jump towards me opponent, or I just walk towards them, turn around, and bair. *shrugs* That's just me though.

Noa.

Smash Master
I also don't tend to RAR. I tend to be more or less near the opponent when I use jump to the use the turtle, so I don't tend to RAR. But the turtle still is very important, and is probably the move I use the most.

K 2

Smash Lord
Yeah, you can learn to Rawr in about 30 seconds, and you can master it in about 1 minute.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Personally, it took me 29 seconds to learn and 58 to master.. but I guess I just have better genes and stuff =[.

NNID
Budget_Player
I think he means RAR.

If you can't figure out RARing in a matter of hours, you really shouldn't be allowed to drive.
Sorry, RAR. The problem is, I don't own the console. You can imagine how hard it is to study and learn ATs at friends' houses... They won't let up on the aggro and practicing in the middle of a fight will make me lose. Lame, I know.

Noa.

Smash Master
When trying to learn a tech, you should first go to training mode to get the basic gist of how to perform it. Then next time you're in a match, just constantly use the tech. The point of the match is really not to win, but to learn how to perform the tech under pressure.

But still keep in mind that G&W doesn't really need RAR so much.

Now bucket braking is a tech to know. It is undeniably G&W's best (and pretty much only) tech.

cjs

Smash Rookie
I'm just learning to play Game and Watch competitively and I was wondering what tech and moves should I practice/learn how to play him competitively?

K 2

Smash Lord
Personally, it took me 29 seconds to learn and 58 to master.. but I guess I just have better genes and stuff =[.
:(

I'm just learning to play Game and Watch competitively and I was wondering what tech and moves should I practice/learn how to play him competitively?
The only useful tech is bucket braking. RAR can be helpful at times too. It's really easy to learn... *looks at Phloat*

Does up b OoS count as a tech? If it does, it also really useful for getting out of sticky situations.

Uhh...Powershield is also really important, but that's not really an AT or anything. I was playing a lvl 9 peach today and I powershield like 10 of her attacks in a row (I bet Phloat can powershield 10.5 =P). Powershielding is really helpful for G&W (but then again, isn't it helpful to everyone?)

G&W really isn't tech based. If you've read the previous posts, you will see that his game revolves around the basics: Spacing, Smart play, and not getting hit.

Top Bottom