• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
About a dozen months and Falco has defended it's position at 4th on the tier list. I would call that a victory. We do not need any more developments. Falco is good enough. What needs to develop is our skills in playing as a smasher and as a falco main. If we accomplish that, falco will get more rep. That is the ultimate goal! People already want to ban MK, people say Snake is broken. Let us say that Falco is GAY!

{This motivation speech went a lot better in my head before I read it out loud. The gay thing kind of ruins it :urg:}
As someone living in EC, I do not see how Falco manages to keep such high of a spot, I think it's just a matter of time before he goes down a spot or 2.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Nah. I think Falco's perfect where he is. The characters below Falco all have worse match ups compared to Falco, and as long as Falco continues to have only about 2 bad matchups, and the rest even or in his favour, he probably won't slip up for a while to come.

assuming you mean grounded lasers (which should only be used for LLs) you either need to press faster so that you press the B button at least one time every 10 frames so that you will always be able to buffer the next laser, or you can figure out the timing pattern on when you need to press B to stay in sync with Falco's laser shooting.
Just like to say that's not entirely true. It's a decent mix up to use grounded lasers after some SHL/SHDL. Most of the time it'll take them by surprise to get a few %.

Question/s for DEHF, if he cares to answer.

What makes you so good? What are you thinking while playing that helps you overcome top players?

Sky`

Smash Lord
Allow me Swordsaint. I call Larry every day to talk aobut Falco things. x] and I asked him that same question.

"You have to think about it like this. You have to go to a tournament knowing that you can beat everybody but you're still beatable. That Anxiety that you have during a match when you're barely losing? You want that, all the time."

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Allow me Swordsaint. I call Larry every day to talk aobut Falco things. x] and I asked him that same question.

"You have to think about it like this. You have to go to a tournament knowing that you can beat everybody but you're still beatable. That Anxiety that you have during a match when you're barely losing? You want that, all the time."
Apparently DEHF gets a better form of anxiety then I do :mad:

When I have that I forget my options and lose :urg:

swordsaint

Smash Master
Now that you mention it, when I get like that I play really well. I think that's some good advice, but learning to have a great mindset like that must be difficult.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Nah. I think Falco's perfect where he is. The characters below Falco all have worse match ups compared to Falco, and as long as Falco continues to have only about 2 bad matchups, and the rest even or in his favour, he probably won't slip up for a while to come.

Just like to say that's not entirely true. It's a decent mix up to use grounded lasers after some SHL/SHDL. Most of the time it'll take them by surprise to get a few %.

Question/s for DEHF, if he cares to answer.

What makes you so good? What are you thinking while playing that helps you overcome top players?
I know my character and his match ups at a high level. I've practiced and thought about how to play him better in match ups and in general. Watching different people play Falco helps a lot, since they might do something that I've never considered doing that turns out to be really good.

It's what sky said, being over-confident makes me less focused and I usually get hit or miss a lot of things I shouldn't have if I were more focused. Thinking you're not going to win is just dumb, you give up before you even play. So I try to keep in mind that I can beat everyone, but I can lose to everyone, which makes me confident, but not over-confident.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
^ I was just talking about this tonight at a local smashfest.

Anyway any good tips for ROB MU? There's a local player in my region who I feel like I can go head to head with (Sharky a yoshi main) but whenever I play competitive matches against him he busts out ROB. -____-

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
^ I was just talking about this tonight at a local smashfest.

Anyway any good tips for ROB MU? There's a local player in my region who I feel like I can go head to head with (Sharky a yoshi main) but whenever I play competitive matches against him he busts out ROB. -____-
Jab destroys Rob, he can't really do anything about it. He can be chain grabbed from 0 to 31% if you buffer walk and grab at the right time. Keep in mind that he can't air dodge while he's doing up b. Rob players will try to keep you away at a distance, it isn't much of a problem since you can camp better than he can, but remember that if you play Rob up close that he has more range than you. If you play the match up keeping those things in mind it shouldn't be that hard.

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
Here's the question, I want an ANSWER

Will me and Dehf team at Apex?!!!

J4pu

Smash Champion
unless Zen is that new guy who came in a month or so ago implying "omg I'm pro" when he outplaced kismet then no, I have absolutely no idea who he is.

Hi kismet, name searching ftw

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Imo it is really worth learning. Especially the down throw BDacus is a good setup for kills at high percents.
If the opponent does not air dodge and trys to jump he gets hit by the usmash. If he air dodges we can charge it while sliding and hit after the air dodge animation ends. If he DIs upwards the usmash won't hit but it puts the opponent in a bad position.
I've been using the BDacus since last week in real matches and I have to say that it really helps for getting the kill.
Sh(d)l to BDacus is also really good and hard to punish. If you're doing it when being not far away from the opponent, the Usmash hits and you just slide through him.
If the opponent is coming from the air and shdl hits, the BDacus is guaranteed.

Ah, and btw did you guys know that we can foot stool spike ROB? It randomly happened for me today when I was playing a cpu :b.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
yeah its cuz rob has a stupid animation.

if you dont DI dthrow you cant get a kill move out of it and the position isnt that bad, btw.

J4pu

Smash Champion
being guaranteed on a character coming from the air is not true
it MIGHT be guaranteed for some characters in some situations but there are definitely some that have options, UpBs, moves with fast invincibility or SA, how close to the ground the character was before being shot, these are all variables that would need to be accounted for to say something is "guaranteed" it's not a term you should throw around so lightly.

about ROB, yes, and sadly he is the only character it works on.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm still going to say it's not worth learning. IMO, the down throw BDacus set up is practically the same as down throw normal Dacus. Especially if we'll be charging it to beat air dodges anyway. It's not guaranteed.

kismet2

Smash Ace
unless Zen is that new guy who came in a month or so ago implying "omg I'm pro" when he outplaced kismet then no, I have absolutely no idea who he is.

Hi kismet, name searching ftw
Hello hello! I don't know if I attended any tournament with Zen >_> if so, then jog my memory pl0x! :p

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
When trying to BDACUS I always do a running usmash or a standing usmash. What am I doing wrong?

How do I BDACUS? It's like this, right?

Lag> buffer dash> ? hold forward?> usmash twice

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Is there a video of the BDACUS viewing the controller? This would be very helpful.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
@Anonymous Brawler: After buffering the dash attack the control stick needs to get in neutral position and then you have to C-Stick up again. All of this has to be really fast.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Thanks heaps for clearing that up BluB, that's the first decent explanation of BDACUS I've seen on the boards.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
When buffering the dash attack.
xyz move -> buffer dash attack with: dash + C-stick up -> control stick needs to get in neutral position -> C-Stick up.

J4pu

Smash Champion
rainbow CG > FS > platform Cancel > falling laser > LL against the boat wall > Usmash on forced get up

EDIT- i didn't realize he said falcon... names are way too similar

Top Bottom