• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Compkid

Smash Rookie
Well, this has its own post, but since this thread is specifically for QnA:
How do I spike at the end of a CG?

The CG thread here just basically says "its obvious." But it seems that whenever I try on a character thats not the size of Donkey Kong, the other person is already starting to grab the edge (so my timing is off?). Is the spike a guaranteed combo?

Last edited:
Well, this has its own post, but since this thread is specifically for QnA:
How do I spike at the end of a CG?

The CG thread here just basically says "its obvious." But it seems that whenever I try on a character thats not the size of Donkey Kong, the other person is already starting to grab the edge (so my timing is off?). Is the spike a guaranteed combo?
Wow, 2 weeks and no response. I should have tried harder on the brawl scene.

Anyway, you need to dash forward before going into a short hop and Dair.

Compkid

Smash Rookie
Thanks Xeylode!
I've been practicing Melee tech since then anyway, so I learned my lesson ;)

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Gatling combo: dash attack and upsmash your opponent. Dash and c-stick down (dash attack) and c-stick up immediately after (upsmash)

BDACUS: in some sort of lag (landing lag, shield drop lag, etc), input control stick left/right, c-stick down or up (dash attack), let go of control stick, and c-stick up (upsmash), all in less than 11 frames, I think.

Top Bottom