• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
4000th reply to the thread <3

by cleanly i meant to say consistently. obviously the hitboxes move, so i wanted to know if the attack always go through diddy's barrels, or if id have to time it.

and yeah, my falco isnt amazing yet, but since last tourney, ive put a hell of a lot of effort into him. and i think he's getting pretty good. gives tibor trouble at least. ill post some vids for critique over the weekend.

and falco isnt as campy as snake. watching dehf, he's rarely in the same spot for more than a few seconds; a huge contrast to ally/razer, who sit on one side and lob nades (not that this doesnt take skill, its just boring). and i more so ***** about people running away or trying to time people out; i got over camping by playing mk after mk in japan.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I actually don't think falco is as campy as people make him out to be. It's important to play offensively at times.

And yeah MU ratios are kind of redundant but I guess they help in knowing who has the advantage. The main things I (and I'm guessing everyone else) are what options we have to deal with each matchup and what we need to look out for.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I'm not sure this is the right place to put this, but I'm not sure where else I would.

I feel the stage/cp list for falco needs updated, I'm seeing a lot of stages for CP's that aren't even legal anymore on there. I would be willing to work with some people on this, but not do it by myself. Seeing as I lack a lot of experience. Thanks

J4pu

Smash Champion
different regions allow different stages, just because it's banned in your region doesn't mean it's banned everywhere.
Is there another reason you think it needs to be redone?

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Well it just hasn't been updated in a while. I'm referring to the one that is on the advanced tips thread. I feel like maybe some things have changed, but if you guys feel it is up-to-date then maybe it's just those CP's are banned around here.

You remind me of a mini Ally in that pose Xonar.

Other than lasers, what's the best way to edgeguard with Falco?
If someone is offstage, Bair is the best way to edgeguard. Although it's recommended to only use Bair when someone is high offstage.

If someone is parallel to the level of the stage it's best to use lasers or to go offstage and attempt to gimp them with Dair or Bair. Even using an angled Ftilt, dash attack, or fsmash right at the ledge can be a useful way to edgeguard someone depending upon their recovery.

When someone is directly on the ledge there is no ideal why to edgeguard with falco. When someone is on the ledge there are so many options available to people you just have to see what they do and react to it.

In messing around with the CPU I managed to have Ftilt outprioritize mario's get-up attack. Wondering if anyone has experimented with using Ftilt more often when someone is on the ledge.

J4pu

Smash Champion
outprioritize or hit him before he hit you?
iirc get-up attacks before 100% you are vulnerable before the hitbox comes out, so any well timed attack would hit them out of it.
actually that might have been a character specific thing, so maybe just ignore me.

J4pu

Smash Champion
it can reflect nikita too, just gotta hit while it's fully extended otherwise the hitbox keeps progressing forward and interacts with the nikita's hurtbox

Skibe

Smash Rookie
I use Falco as my main Character in Brawl. But at the moment i have been trying to find a counter. But right now Im stuck between King Dedede and Wario. Funny thing is im about even playing with them both so I was just wondering which would be a better choice.

I use Falco as my main Character in Brawl. But at the moment i have been trying to find a counter. But right now Im stuck between King Dedede and Wario. Funny thing is im about even playing with them both so I was just wondering which would be a better choice.
Judging from your situation, I would say stick with DDD for a secondary. It would be easier for you to get better with DDD faster than wario.

outprioritize or hit him before he hit you?
iirc get-up attacks before 100% you are vulnerable before the hitbox comes out, so any well timed attack would hit them out of it.
actually that might have been a character specific thing, so maybe just ignore me.
Literally outprioritizes it. When the Ftilt came out the animation that occured was the same as when an attack hits a shield. A little small circle appears. That is what happened when Ftilt hit the get-up attack, and it proceeded to hit Mario.

I guess this is something I have to test out myself.

Skibe

Smash Rookie
Thanks! Cause I use Falco as Primary, and DDD and a secondary. What other character besides Pro Metaknight would be a other secondary? Because i would like to have 2 secondarys for all situations. But have Primary secondary and Main. But what would be a third great secondary and might be fast and easy to learn.

just use falling weakspot Bair to gimp Diddy out of Barrel recovery
Or if you are feeling really gutsy, just fall and use a laser ;)

Thanks! Cause I use Falco as Primary, and DDD and a secondary. What other character besides Pro Metaknight would be a other secondary? Because i would like to have 2 secondarys for all situations. But have Primary secondary and Main. But what would be a third great secondary and might be fast and easy to learn.
Simply using Falco would be good enough. Once you obtain enough skill with falco, you will be pretty much ready for any situation. A few match-ups would be difficult, but they are possible as Falco. The absolute best second for Falco is marth. With Marth and Falco you will be able to counter any situation making it your favor or going even with someone (assuming similar skills). But, stick with you like best.

Skibe

Smash Rookie
Sorry 1 more question. Because everyone I vs. Is usually equivalent to me. What characters you say be best to switch out with my falco to DDD

Vlade

Social Outcast
How sexy am I?

(on the left)
As someone said to Pete on msn

Man we are so ****ing awesome.

From Left To Right:
Front- Lord Bowser
Second Row - BaconFingers, Josh3, Vlade, Mic_128
Third Row - Muzga, Ghnaschnakoff, Quetzalcoatl, Pete278
Back Row- Me, MtGod, Trill
Let's all post pics of ourselves. Even though it should be in the bakery lol

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I know this is a stupid question but I'm using your answers to prove a point.

Can MK gimp Falco and what is the difficultly of MK doing this?

Denzi

Smash Master
I know this is a stupid question but I'm using your answers to prove a point.

Can MK gimp Falco and what is the difficultly of MK doing this?

Difficulty out of 5 is probably 1-3, depending on how the Falco plays. Basically if Falco firebirds vs a decent MK, he'll die. With Phantasm you can't really get gimped, but more often than not you'll still end up taking damage on recovery.

yes you could, no it wouldn't be noticeably better than a normal boost smash after a silent laser
If the whole BDACUS thing gets extra distance compared to a normal boost smash, and comes out faster for the hitbox, it might be a lot like's Snake's dacus. It hits the enemy, then keeps on going for a little ways before finishing. This might actually make it a safe kill set-up when close up if you manage to BDACUS right on past them after the initial hit.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
here is a qusestion How do I DI out of Kirby F-throw>U-air>grab>D-throw
Um, you can try mashing up on both sticks quickly.

I'm almost positive Kirby has true combos on Falco at low %'s though.

Edit:

If Xonar typed corrrectly he'd be: The best typer and the best looking Falco that isn't Keitaro (No Homo)

here is a question How do I DI out of Kirby F-throw>U-air>grab>D-throw
Before the Uair comes out, push your control stick and/or c-stick up-and-away from kirby. After you get hit by Uair, jump out immediately.

I'm almost positive Kirby has true combos on Falco at low %'s though.
I escaped a this particular combo from a kirby yesterday as fox who falls a lot faster than falco, and kirby's themselves have said anyone can escape the Fthrow -> Uair with DI. It's not a true combo. The only true combo Kirby has on Falco is Dthrow -> Utilt chain if I recall.

Top Bottom