• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
1337 $p3@K = 1337

Dancing blades. You don't defend from it. If you shield it you get a shieldgrab/usmash after hit3, marths will rage when you do it :3

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
On shield, like Xonar said, just grab or upsmash. (You can spot dodge the 2nd hit too, but DB4Up beats that)

On hit, just DI into Marth if you are close DI in and hold a shield. When you are far DI away and hold Shield. If you do it right you'll be getting out of it on the 3rd DB.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Where can I find the thread that tells what stages to ban and counterpick as falco.

Where can I find the thread that tells what stages to ban and counterpick as falco.
I do not know where that is specifically, but here is pretty much what you do.

Falco's CPs are generally any stage that is flat for the most part. Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Pictochat and the ever popular Jungle Japes, if it has not already been banned against you or by the TO.

FD is your ideal CP unless you are playing against someone called ice climbers.

Jon?

Smash Champion
What are your guys favorite CP stages if Japes and Pictochat is illegal and your opponent bans FD?

I usually end up going to BF if it's not against a MK.

Jon?

Smash Champion
You do that to DDD on any stage anyways. Unless you're talking about the second transformation where a smart DDD will just camp on the platforms.

Edit: Never mind. I thought you meant taking a DDD to Castle Siege as Falco.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i seem to struggle hard on cps with uneven floor, like lylat, delphino and YI. sideB seems to become useless, and i cant shdl properly at all. is there ways of getting around this? or do i just have to deal with the handi?

Attila_

BRoomer
i was referring to how uneven stages give chars a way of avoiding the shdl, like a char ducking in the centre of YI. cept lylat, where the platforms will often move to get in the way of the first of the two lasers.

i suppose i should jump higher on my sideBs if the floor is uneven...

and why is halberd good for falco? i cant play on it well at all...

i seem to struggle hard on cps with uneven floor, like lylat, delphino and YI. sideB seems to become useless, and i cant shdl properly at all. is there ways of getting around this? or do i just have to deal with the handi?
You pretty much have to deal with the handicap.

Phantasm can be slightly fixed by simply jumping slightly higher than normal on uneven stages if you are in trough of the floor. I believe if you pull away from the stage on halberd and jump -> phantasm very quickly, you still land pretty laglessly in the center. If you tried that on delfino it wouldn't work. You need to jump a bit higher in order to phantasm onto the stage or else risk falling through the stage.

SHDL/SHL should be done on the troughs of the stage. So, on halberd you need to be in the center of the stage. Which on halberd is really the best place to be anyway.

I really do not understand why fox's just do not do that anyway. Even if they have to jump a bit higher than normal, it's better to take the extra start-up lag than the worse ending lag.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Has anyone looked into the possibilities of FF sour-spotted Uair ?

I've been messing around with it today and I'm impressed by how small its knockback growth is.
Hitting with the sourspot will have the same effect as hitting with the first hits of Nair, except with hitstun proportional to percentage (unlike Nair that has fixed hitstun and knockback).

So it seems to have some potential but I want to know if it looks useful to Falco mains before spending more time on it.

Might be useful if we could consistently sourspot it.
Hmm... In theory it could be possible to sourspot all the time with the correct timing on the Falco's part.

I have been testing this out for sometime as well. SH -> Uair -> FF seems viable to a degree for getting the sourspot to come out. Even without the FF. The sourspot is the small part on his tail I think. The attack comes from behind, over falco's head, then ending in front of him. I think that if you can approach the opponent head on, come in from 45 degree angle above the opponent, you could time and space the Uair to come out so that only the sourspot of the attack hits the person. So, achieving the sourspot is all about making sure you are close enough to the person to active the Uair and have the sourspot hit.

With practice one could perform this almost flawlessly. The only problem is not getting sourspot to hit all the time, it's more the situations needed to get it to work. How often are you going to be able to fall onto an opponent and use Uair? It's not a safe approach in the slightest. I think in order for this to go any farther you need to find situations where this would be viable.

So far the only remote possiblity I see is to fall on them from above. Like falling through a platform or something similar. However, the frame advantage on this is -12 frames vs a -8 frames from Dair. Dair is safer in almost every instance.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Which aerial ends faster? Bair och Uair? And anyone has the frame data of when do they end?

Which aerial ends faster? Bair och Uair? And anyone has the frame data of when do they end?
Bair:
First hits on frame 4
Landing lag: 15
Shield hit lag: 10
Shield stun: 14
Advantage: -11

Uair:
First hits on frame 10
Landing lag: 15
Shield hit lag: 9
Shield stun: 12
Advantage: -12

Not sure how accurate this can be, but it's the best we got right now.

According to this, Bair and Uair have the exact same landing lag. Not quiet sure how he did the advantages. I think 3GOD did them with this formula:

Advantage = Shield Stun - (Shield hitlag + Landing Lag)

So pretty much he assumed the aerials made contact with a shield and canceled on the ground on almost exactly the same frame. Which means the frame advantage listed is a best case scenario.

If you fall with Bair, it would hit the shield first, fall like another couple of frames then cancel.

Edit: Darn it, I misread the entire question. As far as I know, there is no complete frame data for when the aerials actually end in the air. We constantly tell everyone that Falco's fastest aerial is Bair. Although, I do not know how true that is. I always thought Bair and Uair ended pretty similar times. Maybe even Uair finishing sooner.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah Uair ends sooner, and it doesn't risk to kill you if out of horizontal knockback because your hurtbox stays vertical.

With practice one could perform this almost flawlessly. The only problem is not getting sourspot to hit all the time, it's more the situations needed to get it to work. How often are you going to be able to fall onto an opponent and use Uair? It's not a safe approach in the slightest. I think in order for this to go any farther you need to find situations where this would be viable.

So far the only remote possiblity I see is to fall on them from above. Like falling through a platform or something similar. However, the frame advantage on this is -12 frames vs a -8 frames from Dair. Dair is safer in almost every instance.
Yes I've thought about it too and right now the only reason I see this working is because it can punish the reaction of people that were waiting for a Dair.
And yes Dair is safer on shield, but on the other hand landing a sour Uair is more rewarding at high percent because it leads into a free Usmash (maybe a true combo at high percentage due to the increase of hitstun but even if not it's still a very good frame trap).

I guess I'm gonna go ahead and try to use it against serious players and see what happens.

just wanted to ask how accurate this thread is:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204879&page=3

i was wondering who should die everytime they are spiked from the edge.
Bowser - edgehog
Link - edgehog
Mario - edgehog
Ganondorf - edgehog, or get caught in UpB and Dair him (if that even works)
Falco -edgehog/kill with aerial attack
Wolf -edgehog/kill with aerial attack
Ice Climbers - lol
Diddy Kong - ferocious edgeguarding needed
Marth - don't even bother attempting to edgehog/kill with aerial
Ness - edgeguard
Ike - edgeguard
Zero Suit Samus - edgeguard

squirtle/ivysaur - edgehog
Meta Knight - ...
Snake - edgeguard
King Dedede - edgeguard
Mr. Game & Watch - edgeguard
Wario - edgeguard
Lucario - edgehog, then edgeguard
Pikachu - edgeguard
Donkey Kong - edgehog
Pit - edgeguard
Toon Link - edgeguard
Fox - edgeguard
Sheik - edgehog
Lucas - edgeguard
Charizard - edgehog/edgeguard
Yoshi - edgeguard
Sonic - edgeguard
Captain Falcon - edgeguard

Pretty much most of the cast can recover, you just have to provide a little extra nudge to kill them. Like ness you just have to pretty much go offstage and Bair him far enough so he cannot recover. People like Lucario/shiek you have to edgehog to get them onstage and then punish the ending lag of the UpB. Some are too risky to attempt like MK, so you just have to work keeping him offstage. ICs are not even worth mentioning.

Zero you can't edgeguard, her downB is like marth's upb, invincibility, aka can't chaingrab
We can buffer dash grab marth upto 30% muhahahaha >)

But, whatever, it's free damage I am after mostly. I never resort to offstage spiking because people I play are SDIing too well. Talk about people being broken on wifi if they can SDI in that mess.

Attila_

BRoomer
thanks for the list. i was more so just interested in who should die after the spike. i spike most onstage anyway, cause i get more damage from the followups, but might aswell utilize autokills.

and i find that people can't sdi the spike if you go far enough offstage when you spike them. the spacing is a little tight, though.

Top Bottom