• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

cheese619

Smash Ace
@Anonymous Brawler: After buffering the dash attack the control stick needs to get in neutral position and then you have to C-Stick up again. All of this has to be really fast.
It's not to hard to get down after some practice.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I normally use dash>C-stick down>up-Z. I can't get the bdacus with those set of inputs. I recall there being a different set of inputs but I don't remember it completely.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Don't use Z on a DACUS.

There's no need to. Change L or R to attack. Shift your finger down into the claw to do an IAP(index finger on X or Y for jump, thumb on B)

There's a timing where you can't cancel your dash attack with Z to produce an up smash. This is from the start of the dash attack to about 1/2 way through. This timing(where you can't DACUS) is the timing for the farthest distance and the fastest up smash. It'll do a boost grab instead of an up smash.

For the BDACUS, do Control stick tap forward(put back to neutral position before the next input), C-stick down, C-stick up

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I use my thumb for the IAP.

Slide from Y to B.

Works perfectly well, I hate the claw. :x

I use my thumb for the IAP.

Slide from Y to B.

Works perfectly well, I hate the claw. :x
Change X to special. And do that from Y -> X for the IAP. That is what I do, and it works so much better without risking accidentally hitting A when you go from Y to B.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I'm doing the IAP exactly like Teran and I've never had the problem of accidentally hitting A.
For BDacus imo hitting C-Stick up twice instead of C-Stick down -> C-Stick up is easier and faster.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

But when you jump with X like I do...
I do this too, but I think of Y > Side B as one fluid movement for IAP rather than considering Y to be a jump. Makes it easier.

Change X to special. And do that from Y -> X for the IAP. That is what I do, and it works so much better without risking accidentally hitting A when you go from Y to B.
I don't have that problem though. XD

After accidentally b-reversing phantasms by bumping the c-stick a few times I stopped doing this. I clawed for a while, now I have R set to special.
Lol I used to do that and go O___O

I'm all good now though. :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I see DEHF and some other kids use D-throw to Jab when characters get to "unchaingrabble" percents.

How long does that last till?

Denzi

Smash Master
Around 100%, highly dependant on character weight and DI.

You don't really lose much if the Jab misses though.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Could you rephrase that please? o.o

swordsaint

Smash Master
How does Falco perform his zero death on Ice Climbers? You hear of it constantly when speaking of the Ice climbers MU, but I have yet to see either a proper explanation, or a guide of some sort.

dumblogic

Smash Rookie
Anyone have any advice for playing falco online, as opposed to offline? A lot of things the good falcos I watch do take a ton of reading the opponent, that can really be done well online.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
@swordsaint: You grab popo (I think that's his name?) and down throw. Nana gets knocked back because of the lasers. Then you wait a little bit for nana to come back and repeat. I think there are some videos of people doing it on youtube.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
How is this a zero to death? Shouldn't you get to a % where you can't just regrab Popo?

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
I know that this isnt really acharacter related question,
but how do you put an icon up 4 my post? Falco (and his
bread) is meh main but idk how to put up an icon.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Odd question, but, has anyone made some short of chart for the % which Falco's Upsmash KOs each character? (with DI considered) I remember seeing something like this for other characters. so I'm just curious...

clowsui

Smash Legend
if the ICs buffers a dash attack while popo is being cg'd nana has a high chance of breaking him out, it doesn't work like that...you are at a disadvantage in the throwing situation vs. ICs unless they're already a fair distance apart

also i use x to jump and i slide y for iap

for dacus i use claw method and on good days i get 100% accuracy bad days 70%

Denzi

Smash Master
But Falco is one of the few characters that can handle MK without any sort of secondary.

And a lot of Falcos 2nd Snake anyway, because he beats Marth and IC's, goes even with MK, and goes even with (beats?) Pika.

Marth also makes a good secondary. Haven't really come across anyone else.

But yeah, I wouldn't exactly say MK beats Falco. Not as much as Pika/IC's anyway.

clowsui

Smash Legend
denzi...w/out rules like no plank no scrooge MK DEFINITELY beats falco 6:4 maybe 65:35

snake does NOT beat marth...that ish is even

marth is the best falco secondary...covers ice climbers (even maybe adv maybe disadv, i say even), pikachu and other marths lolz

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
what is harder to perform:

falco's d-throw followed by a pivot grab...

or a d-throw, dair, jab, re-grab (dunno what its called)?

when i mean harder, i mean EVERYTHING. frames, percentage, consistency, etc.

Denzi

Smash Master
what is harder to perform:

falco's d-throw followed by a pivot grab...

or a d-throw, dair, jab, re-grab (dunno what its called)?

when i mean harder, i mean EVERYTHING. frames, percentage, consistency, etc.
Well the first is guaranteed during CG %s, the second is not.

Silvair

Smash Rookie
Today, while Brawling against a level 9 Meta Knight cpu with Falco, I managed to grab MK out of his drill rush. It was just into the attack, just at the beginning of his 'hoo-ya!' scream thing.

Common knowledge that this was possible? Or was I just having a bit of extreme luck? XD And can it be done at a later part of the attack? Just curious.

It's lucky, and it's difficult to pull off. If a grab occurs at the same time an attack does, the Grab will take priority and recieve no knockback. However, you do take damage that eh move would have done. Typically, this is rare to happen.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
marth is considered by most to counter falco

MK without any bs limiting rules beats falco

ICs, pikachu beat falco
i think pika and the ice climbers are definitley falco's worst matchups.
hate em both so i also use toon link which has 55:45 to both of them
(last time i checked). G&W is also a good counter to both.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I haven't been on here on a few weeks. Been training hardcore lately.

Anyway I'm having issues with something guys. I need help learning how to Phantasm Cancel. I just don't know when to push the B button to cancel it. I can do this with Fox or Wolf perfectly but I'm having issues with Falco. I really need to learn this because I've hit a roadblock with Falco in the recovery department. I keep getting gimped and countered and I need to learn this. So does anyone have some sort of advice or can link me to an instructional vid.

Also if there are any general tips for mixing up the recovery thatd be great. I need to get ready for a tourney and I wanna rep the bird well.

J4pu

Smash Champion
step 1: keep trying random single B presses during phantasm until you get one to cancel (it's about the same time the audio effect happens, I haven't played falco in so long i don't even remember what the audio is anymore, but yeah.)
step 2: practice pressing the B button at this point every time
step 3: go back to step 2

there is no secret way to magically develop "tech skill" (this is about as close to in depth tech skill as brawl really comes)

D1

Banned via Administration
I wanna do jab to dash attack...or jabjab dash atk.

Like I accidentally buffer the dask atk at times...but when I WANNA do it...It doesn't come out.

O_o?

Larry does it in this video vs. Shadow on his first stock after the CG to dair combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvJHIrIheKA

Then again after careful inspection it looked like Shadow shield for a sec...I remember getting the dashatk immediately after the jab.

*shrug*

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
So I tried this "practice" thing you speak of. Its still tricky but I've got the general timing down. Now I just need to commit this to muscle memory. Turned out I was pressing the B button WAY too early. I guess you press it right after the "whoosh" noise. Now I just need to be able use the three different types of cancels at will. Trying to use the "true" cancel at will for my recoveries.

Top Bottom