• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Nike.

Smash Hero
2 questions in the metaknight matchup.

How do punish dsmash if you shield it? Do you use a different move depending on different percents? Can you punish the same way if you shielded dsmash second hit (from behind him)?

If metaknight uses jab by accident, what's the best way to punish it (assuming you were standing close and got hit by it)?

FotuRAN

Smash Apprentice

How do punish dsmash if you shield it? Do you use a different move depending on different percents? Can you punish the same way if you shielded dsmash second hit (from behind him)?

If metaknight uses jab by accident, what's the best way to punish it (assuming you were standing close and got hit by it)?
Normally you have to punish him with dair OoS, if you shielded the second hit depends spacing, ftilt usually run to punish without take danger.

SDI to out, and punish with ftilt is the best option, you can hit him with a dair too

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Falco's grab can beat MK's terribad jab.

Jon, if they're ducking your lasers in the middle of Yoshi's, you're doing it wrong. You're meant to camp the middle with lasers. Either way, if you find them getting the middle, the edges also ditch down, so your lasers can be lower and hit them anyway. :)

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr

d smash you can't can drop shield and dash attack, running up smash, and walk forward and grab. The second hit of d smash can also be punish by dash attack, running up smash, and possibly grab.

If Metaknight does jab by mistake you can grab him and maybe up smash. I'm sure you can punish it with much more moves, Metaknight's jab is very horrible.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
this isnt exactly a question, but do you think, with som bizzare method, that you could do SHTLs? maybe using something to elimanate the startup lag? or something else.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Frame Breakdown:

Grounded Laser:
Hits on: 12
Airborne Laser:
First hits on frame 10
Shield stun: 5
Silent Laser lag: 2
Advantage: +3

Jump is airborne on: 7
SH airborne for: 37
SH fast fall airborne for: 27

You do the math.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
it looks like if you do it PERFECTLY, its possible (7+(10*3)=37) correct me if im wrong.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Denzi, I'm talking between lasers. They don't streamline, so there's still frames between them. If there's not, please show me shtls. >_>

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
(this really isn't a Falco question)

Some people just choose to disable them.

Falco thread... woops (i just did a search for this kind of thread)

but while i have your attention,

I, for example, am not able to post VMs on your page (or anyone's including my registered friends for that matter) except for mine... any ideas?

AphoticBankai

Smash Cadet
What exactly is BDACUS? I know DACUS, I learned that with Sheik so it's a piece of cake with Falco, but BDACUS?

Somebody enlighten me? ;_;

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
is there anyway to keep falco from recovering with side+b?
sometimes im able to pk flash him in the middle of him zooming towards the stage but any other ways?
Also, a falco used his reflecter as a tether recovery? O_o idk how he did it but i couldnt take a screen shot cuz its wifi and wasnt filming :ohwell:

EDIT: 100th post!! :D

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
is there anyway to keep falco from recovering with side+b?
sometimes im able to pk flash him in the middle of him zooming towards the stage but any other ways?
Also, a falco used his reflecter as a tether recovery? O_o idk how he did it but i couldnt take a screen shot cuz its wifi and wasnt filming :ohwell:

EDIT: 100th post!! :D
continuous pk thunders will probably screw us up since after the first hit, we'll have to do a firebird, in which case we're sitting ducks for attacks to follow
even if we get back on stage we'd probably take a whole lot of damage

Also, no Falco's reflector doesn't act as a tether. It's range is pretty short and coupled with Brawl's stages' massive sweetbox for grabbing onto them, the Falco probably just grabbed the ledge immediately after the reflector finished.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjh9ve9RS-0
BDacus = win.
This helps **** much for getting the kill.
Couldn't agree more.

I just recently learned how to BDacus effectively and this **** is ****. Especially after SHDL, Silent Laser or D-throw. Seriously every Falco needs to learn this. It can be a great follow up to many moves.

Also BluB or anyone else who can use BDacus well I wanted to know if there any other **** setups to BDacus other than Lasers and D-Throw? I've got a Michigan tourney coming up and I don't Notra to be recognized as the only good Falco in MI :p (Even though Notra's the one hosting the tourney lol)

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Shield drop to BDacus could be nice but I think it's too hard to pull of constantly in matches.
Pulling the BDacus off after a laser lock would be **** :b but it's situnational.
Other than that I don't think that there are setups that are as effective as down-throw and sh(d)l.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Yeah I thought so. Everything else seems either:

A. Too situational
B. Too difficult to use consistently
Or
C. Unneccessary

I mean if I have some extra time Ill try some more BDacus setups but I agree with you BluB.

Also I've around with Shield Drop > BDacus. Its legit but very hard to pulll off.

For now D-throw and lasers seem best.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
Could someone here help me with a couple things, i could use someone to go online with me and talk me through them

BDACUS and directional SHDL (i cant seem to get how pros do it jumping backward)

I can DACUS fairly consistently, but BDACUS seems to be very different, and the videos ive seen of it dont make sense on how to do it... Same with the back jumping SHDL

ideally someone would go online and chat with me while i train and figure it out...

EDIT: nvm the back jumping SHDL, got that down now STILL NEED HELP WITH BDACUS

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
EDIT: nvm the back jumping SHDL, got that down now STILL NEED HELP WITH BDACUS

Ahem.

Brawl has a 10-frame buffer window and moves at 60 fps. This means you have 1/6th of a second before your animation finishes to input control stick to the side, let it return to neutral, then when it's returned (or while it's returning), C-Stick up twice.

Yes, you have to let the control stick return to neutral before the FIRST C-stick. The idea here is you want to input a dash attack, then an upsmash, during 1/6th of a second. If you hit control stick and c-stick at the same time, the game reads running upsmash. You have to input the first c-stick while the control stick is returning (or has already returned) to a neutral position. The second c-stick inputs the upsmash.

If you're trying to learn BDACUS, I recommend first analyzing the timing for the move you want to BDACUS after. For those of you still learning, I recommend Dthrow.

To start, try buffering a dash attack using these controls with Dthrow. Perform your Dthrow, then, roughly around when Falco shoots his very last laser downwards, input control stick to the side, return to neutral, c-stick up. If you UpSmash, you inputted the Dash too soon, or you didn't allow the control stick to return to neutral. If you sliding UpSmash, you inputted Attack too late. Once you can consistently do an instant Dash Attack out of Dthrow, move on to BDACUS. All you're doing is adding a C-stick up after the first two motions.

While practicing BDACUS, if you...

UpSmash - You are performing the Dash, and probably the first C-stick, too soon or too close together.

Sliding UpSmash, but not very far - You have the motions perfectly, but are not inputting them fast enough.

Dash Attack - You have the motions properly but are not inputting them NEARLY fast enough. Specifically, the second C-Stick is coming out too late to cancel the Dash Attack.

Laser - Something's wrong with you.
Try this out for a bit, if you still have problems come post more specific details and someone will be able to help you out.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Sadly, I haven't developed a cure for that :(

Crack may help but you want fast fingers not twitchy ones lol

But I found it much easier to do BDacus when I set "R" to attack. I mean we all know how to buffer a dash (unless you can't Chainspike and if you can't you've got bigger problems than learning BDacus) so that's half the battle. I just think R is easier. I use Z for regular Dacus however.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
Ok, you guys are so awesome for helping me, i really am getting better at falco i think (still in training, we'll see how he does in the real world)...

but...

Im able to instant buffer dash (difficult to be consistent), but when i watch these videos of people sliding half way across the stage and charging the up smash... im just a bit confused

the closest i come is doing a short hop laser to a instant dash attack to up smash (like a normal dacus)

EDIT: ok ive done the down throw to bdacus, but im still looking for a way to slide all the way across the stage charging an up smash like i see in the videos... any ideas?

Top Bottom