• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

J4pu

Smash Champion
every character has a boost grab (sorta like with DACUS), I was unaware it was of any use for falco it just adds a few frames to the start-up lag due to the DA input

Dthrow, hold forward, buffer a grab?
I've never heard of this being used and seems like you would whiff the grab, but what do I know.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Nah no more CG. If you get caught using it pasts its expiration day you'll get fined. :(

Okay anyway are there any other characters besides Peach in which a buffered Boost Grab CG would be beneficial? I was practicing it against a Peach and it worked but the timing has to be spot on or you'll just whiff the grab and probably eat an aerial. Its nothing impossible to do though.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
So BluB how long can I do this on Marth before eating a Dolphin Slash?

Also I need to learn that BDacus shenanigan. Problem is the timing on trying to buffer the dash is what's killing me here. Maybe I should start from a D-Throw since buffering a dash from there is pretty basic.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Yeah, I also need to practice this buffered running CG nonsense on Marth and whoever else... any tips on timing it / practicing it?

We should probably have a whole thread on the new-ish buffered CG stuff since it's pretty important.

Same goes for the BDacus. I feel way too uninformed on both topics, personally.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I agree with that. I think mastering the BDacus will give us more options for killing and combos. Hopefully killing. Like Silent Laser to BDacus could be SEXY.

And yeah that Buffered Boost Grab CG is helpful as well. All I can say is Dash + C-stick down + R. Its one fluid motion when I press all the buttons together and it seems to work.

Someone make thread nao XD

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Isn't that buffered boost grab really old? :b I think I've seen it here on the Falco Boards like more than one year before.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Oh I can boost pivot grab just fine, I'm just not sure on the new buffering stuff or w/e. Like chain grabbing marth without him Up-B'ing.
Same for me. I just never knew the full info on the buffered grabs. In my defense, I only recently switched to Falco from Snake.

And Boost Grabbing isn't new but never seen anyone really discuss it in depth or use it for Falco anyway. I think its an under developed part of Falco's game.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
A BBPG should be 2 frames faster than a buffered boost grab yeah? What window of escape does marth have after 25% to upB? If it's less than 2 frames, a BBPG will let us CG him higher.

People have been doing a dash upsmash with falco forever. People have been punishing snake's mortar slide forever. Falco being able to upsmash almost the distance of a mortar slide won't change much.

Denzi

Smash Master
Just throwing this out there:

We can actually CG marth till ~40%. The timing just changes a bit after three grabs.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Just throwing this out there:

We can actually CG marth till ~40%. The timing just changes a bit after three grabs.

This is the kind of stuff we should have a video / thread for. There seems to have been some new information about the way the CG works on certain characters, but we aren't doing anything to spread the knowledge.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I totally agree. Every little bit helps.

And our metagame isn't really progressing at all. With the new tier list we really need to start developing our game more. Diddys aimed for it and it got them 3rd on the tier list. Exactly what ADHD and AlphaZealot claimed they'd do.

Denzi

Smash Master
We infinite Diddy. People need to learn that and use it, because Diddy is one of the few characters that we have a guaranteed setup for it on.

It should be 1 grab on a platform = dead monkey. I want to see it happen.

(it's funny because that's probably another one of the things that few people know about xD)

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I would like to request a thread made by one of the Falco boards established members.

A "Little Known Useful Facts" thread or something like that to help develop our metagame.

Plus I too want to see dead monkeys.

Let's make it happen.

Jon?

Smash Champion
What's the infinite on Diddy? I don't remember anyone talking about it. A video, if possible, would be perfect.

M@v

Subarashii!
So yeah, how do you deal with a really good DDD tech chaser? Hbox keeps kicking my *** with it.

-I've tried teching
-I've tried rolling both ways
-I've tried get up attacks
-I've tried laying down for a bit

Denzi

Smash Master
So yeah, how do you deal with a really good DDD tech chaser? Hbox keeps kicking my *** with it.

-I've tried teching
-I've tried rolling both ways
-I've tried get up attacks
-I've tried laying down for a bit

Don't get grabbed.

But really, either techroll away, Buffer roll away, or DI up and laser/nair/AD.

Here's the Diddy infinite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PqKGFcZfhY

Top Bottom