• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Falco isn't very good in teams.
maybe not as good as snake or metaknight persay, but hes not bad. he has some trouble with cps, and double mk unless you have a mk on your team is a pain, but otherwise hes actually very solid.

me and keitaro had good success actually when he teamed with my mk :), ive seen minus and king ace do very well in teams as well.

falco also apparently teams very well with diddy, but i havent tried it with a diddy that knows what hes doing yet :<.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
How the hell do i beat Diddy. If there is a discussion thread about this please link because the one i play spams bananas. And i know reflector is your friend but the diddy player is experienced and once i get locked its ridiculous how much combo potential diddy has. I space and get to a high percent but i can't see myself killing him as well since my fsmash theres always nanas to trip me and i get punished for it so i have to read and get a bair kill as my only way which is tough since you can only kill with it for so long.
Oh and lastly, his U-air>my dair from recovering from the air and recovering with falco is impossible lol.
Please help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2dulYT8Ik

Play like that ^

piZ

Smash Journeyman
One of you smart and motivated falcos should make a Falco advanced techniques and tricks thread.. i was totally suprised that there wasn't some sort of organised list of all the at's and tricks falco has.. especially considering how often everyone comes asking about it!

I'd get it started myself but i don't think i'm experienced enough with falco to handle it.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there because I had a heck of a time trying to find out how to boost pivot grab etc without going through the first 15 pages of this thread. ;) An AT compendium would be super useful for falco methinks.

Denzi

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there because I had a heck of a time trying to find out how to boost pivot grab etc without going through the first 15 pages of this thread. ;) An AT compendium would be super useful for falco methinks.
I might get around to it soon.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
maybe not as good as snake or metaknight persay, but hes not bad. he has some trouble with cps, and double mk unless you have a mk on your team is a pain, but otherwise hes actually very solid.

me and keitaro had good success actually when he teamed with my mk :), ive seen minus and king ace do very well in teams as well.

falco also apparently teams very well with diddy, but i havent tried it with a diddy that knows what hes doing yet :<.
Keitaro and I did well once with Double Falco.

I also dd pretty well with Cable (DK)

JCav

Smash Lord
ive kinda been outta it lately, could i see the longer buffered dacus and an explanation please?

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
I just saw some vids of DEHF and I noticed that he uses the phantasm way more than I use in a match. And he doesn't SHDL as often as me too. Should I use more phantasm and less SHDL?

Denzi

Smash Master
I just saw some vids of DEHF and I noticed that he uses the phantasm way more than I use in a match. And he doesn't SHDL as often as me too. Should I use more phantasm and less SHDL?
It really all depends on which character you're facing. Vs chars like MK, it's unsafe to jump too close to him, so you don't SHDL unless you are a good distance away( and phantasm helps to create distance).

Vs characters like D3, go ahead and spam to your heart's content.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I'm trying to pick up Flaco cuz I REALLY love his lazer+phantasm game and I want a secondary that goes about even with MK.

I can DACUS with every other character that has a noticeable one except Falco...Do you guys you the regular button layout? I always have, but does anyone have suggestions to make DACUS easier?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
if you use attack for the usmash instead of grab you slide further.

I actually do it like this:
Hold constick diagnlly upwards and the side youre facing, cstick down, press L (which is remapped to A)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Do you guys have a picture of the hitbox on :falco:'s Fsmash?

Also anyone else notice that the title of this thread spells question wrong (Qusestion)

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
Also anyone else notice that the title of this thread spells question wrong (Qusestion)
The thread is spelt like that because Falco is Italian.

It really all depends on which character you're facing. Vs chars like MK, it's unsafe to jump too close to him, so you don't SHDL unless you are a good distance away( and phantasm helps to create distance).

Vs characters like D3, go ahead and spam to your heart's content.
So, char with good air game I phantasm more and the big I SHDL more?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master

Your stupid bro, you should get your eyes check broski.

Also how much hitstun does Jab have? I'm trying to develop some good patterns with it on the edge. (You when you jab them right before they can grab it, I wanna make the most of it.)

J4pu

Smash Champion
a good punish option for what? If you can land it around mid percents then yes, it is a great punish option since it sets up for follow-ups.

that does not work at all reliably, I believe there's a very narrow percent range where it will barely knock them off the ground then they will fall on their backs, but it still requires them to not react at all

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I'm ok at the walking cg but I can't seem to do it on zss when they are constantly Using down-b what am I doing wrong does it have anything to do with buffering?

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
a good punish option for what? If you can land it around mid percents then yes, it is a great punish option since it sets up for follow-ups.

that does not work at all reliably, I believe there's a very narrow percent range where it will barely knock them off the ground then they will fall on their backs, but it still requires them to not react at all
Using OOS and if they shield it I land behind them.

I'm ok at the walking cg but I can't seem to do it on zss when they are constantly Using down-b what am I doing wrong does it have anything to do with buffering?
I know that ZSS has invicibility frames at the start of down-B, but not sure if she can escape like Marth.

Denzi

Smash Master
so Is there any guaranteed chained grabs on her and should I use the walking cg?

No.

You can use the walking CG on most characters(and you should), but there are some characters that can escape if you don't use buffered dashgrabs (ZSS and Marth, just to name two).

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So buffered dash grab is the only guaranteed way to cg zss. The cgbreakdown thread shows different. But anyways thanks.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Snake would be the best secondary for falco. beats ICs, Kirby, Pikachu and any other MUs falcos may have a little trouble with.

Top Bottom