• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Midair Lasers can have the ending animation of the Laser tagged onto them. There's a two-three frame window. Try doing a single laser at the peak of Falco's jump and you'll see it.

I think I've mentioned this before.

J4pu

Smash Champion
wow, I've never heard of that before, guess I owe the guy an apology.
that would make the infinite LL on a platform even more difficult to do then wouldn't it?

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
The Pumpkin King has an inquiry. Oh, what's this? a thread for questions? Splendid.
One simple thing i would like to discover. What is a pivot grab exactly?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
sometimes the hitbox makes it explode, sometimes the reflector reflects it. its 'random' if the hitbox is over the reflectbox (as in you cant time it at all).

/emo

J4pu

Smash Champion
when does reflector explode nades and when does it reflect?

if nobody knows the answer, ask PSA guys mayb :ohwell:
I have a pretty strong intuition that if snake does the nade drop trick as your reflector hits it then it explodes, otherwise it reflects.
either that or I was just getting extremely unlucky when a i played a PR snake player like a year ago.

we had a hitbubble thread but I tried searching and couldn't find it, sorry

Orion*

Smash Researcher
sometimes the hitbox makes it explode, sometimes the reflector reflects it. its 'random' if the hitbox is over the reflectbox (as in you cant time it at all).

/emo
ive never had that problem unless i hit the grenade during the initial startup when the reflector just comes out O.o...

if you hit it at the end and when its retreating i dont think that happens.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
the end can explode it also

but it's spaced enough to not make it hurt you
Weird. i stay to PSing/jumping over that **** unless i feel that the nade is cooked just right so that it throws them off balance or that they definitely cant shield cancel it next to me. maybe im just lucky lol XD

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
Alright im haveing trouble with shdl i can do 60% of the time when i switch special to z But its harder for me to jab cancel to grab. cause grab is on x.
But when i have on default stats with b its harder for me to shdl.,
Should i just keep on trying with default stats. or do whatever works for me.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I'm not entirely much of a Falco player, but I thought he'd be good for practicing DACUS. (I tried with Fox, but his dash speed momentum is so good, I wasn't sure if I was actually dacusing, or just hyphen-smashing)
I'm pretty sure I'm getting it down, but I don't go very far, or atleast not as I expected. I get about a sixth or fifth of FD's length from what I see.... how far is Falco's DACUS supposed to send him?

J4pu

Smash Champion
Alright im haveing trouble with shdl i can do 60% of the time when i switch special to z But its harder for me to jab cancel to grab. cause grab is on x.
But when i have on default stats with b its harder for me to shdl.,
Should i just keep on trying with default stats. or do whatever works for me.
do w/e works for you, just make sure you're able to do everything. if you can't then the only advice anyone can give you as far as tech skill goes is to practice.
I'm not entirely much of a Falco player, but I thought he'd be good for practicing DACUS. (I tried with Fox, but his dash speed momentum is so good, I wasn't sure if I was actually dacusing, or just hyphen-smashing)
I'm pretty sure I'm getting it down, but I don't go very far, or atleast not as I expected. I get about a sixth or fifth of FD's length from what I see.... how far is Falco's DACUS supposed to send him?
fox doesn't have a DACUS the chars that do are snake, sheik, falco, wolf, wario, jiggs, link, and diddy if you buffer the DA out of something else.
falco's hyphen smash is ~1/5 or 1/4 of FD length

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
fox doesn't have a DACUS the chars that do are snake, sheik, falco, wolf, wario, jiggs, link, and diddy if you buffer the DA out of something else.
if you use attack instead of grab to usmash, probably a bit less then half of FD.
Wait, there's a length distance depending on what button I use?

If you're just practicing DACUS, then Snake's your man.
Cool I'll do that.

Denzi

Smash Master
I believe it was established that everyone had a DACUS, just not everyone got a noticeable boost from it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
errr, well it's kinda pointless to practice a DACUS if you can't tell whether or not you're doing it or not.
didn't think I had to go into detail on how they technically can use the DACUS input

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
You can't say that one of them is better. There are situations where the normal Dacus is better and others where the BDacus would come in handy.
The normal Dacus goes like 1/3 of fd and the new one about 1/2 of fd.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
You can't say that one of them is better. There are situations where the normal Dacus is better and others where the BDacus would come in handy.
What I meant with better was the longer, but what you said is true

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, what is falco's best attack for momentum cancelling? I assumed it was bair but I've been watching some videos of Larry and he seems to use uair instead...

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
When we say "new" or "BDacus", are we just talking about the buffered one from that Japanese Diddy video?

Gah777

Smash Lord
How well do falco and g&w team? what kind of strategies are they capable of? what does falco contribute to the team? what does g&w contribute to the team?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Falco isn't very good in teams.

Gnw can kill with his nearly unpunishable smashes (upsmash and dsmash) and he is a very safe character when played right, especially on battlefield or other stages with platforms.

Loops

Smash Apprentice
How the hell do i beat Diddy. If there is a discussion thread about this please link because the one i play spams bananas. And i know reflector is your friend but the diddy player is experienced and once i get locked its ridiculous how much combo potential diddy has. I space and get to a high percent but i can't see myself killing him as well since my fsmash theres always nanas to trip me and i get punished for it so i have to read and get a bair kill as my only way which is tough since you can only kill with it for so long.
Oh and lastly, his U-air>my dair from recovering from the air and recovering with falco is impossible lol.
Please help.

Top Bottom