• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And I think MK is the hardest of the 3 xD...I think Olimar and Diddy are more technical in playing better with them, but MK is just "LOL D-SmASH, TORNADO, SHUTTLE LOOP"

metroid1117

Smash Master
How do I punish those who DI inwards and outwards of my jab?
Inwards and outwards meaning two difference scenarios, or someone who DI's in at first and then out?

Assuming that you mean two different scenarios, someone who DIs inward is easy to punish; just keep jab canceling or go for the grab. If they DI out it's a bit harder; with good enough DI, you can escape so that it's very hard for Ike to do anything about it. Try mixing up single jabs with jab combos to throw off any attempt as SDI and going for dash grabs after single jabs.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
...he didn't say MK.
Doesn't matter. MK is tough for me too. D3 is annoying, Oli is annoying.

Snake is tough, but I wouldn't say I feel helpless in the match-up. I enjoy it much more than the ones I just typed. I don't really play many good Diddy Kongs, so I haven't really been given great reason to be scared of the match-up. ICs don't scare me quite as much anymore as they used to. They cannot grab a well-spaced Fair, and Ike can separate them with a Fthrow (and sometimes a BThrow), because it's quick enough not to get punished with a smash (I say sometimes Bthrow.. use it when the other IC is behind you, because the kick will hit that IC as well).

Sheik. I don't like her either. Lucario's tough, but I have a strong feeling that with more matches against him, I'll get better in the match-up, and it won't scare me so much.

Oh ya and Mario lololol. He can punish our whole moveset roflol.

Palpi

Smash Hero
It does matter (in sake of the discussion lol) and we weren't discussing if MK is hard or not, obviously he is. We were just talking about those 3 specific characters that were mentioned.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, yah I read up on that in the temp match-up guide. I guess the best thing when facing mario as Ike is to never go off-stage... ever... O.o

Anyways, thanks for the tips guys, I've looked up on all the characters you mentioned. From what I've read, Olimar and MK are gonna be the hardest, and I get the feeling I'm going to have to fight one MK at the very least >.<

Palpi said:
We were just talking about those 3 specific characters that were mentioned.
I think that may have been his point when he said MK is the best out of those three :p

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think diddy is the hardest of those 3 you just mentioned.
For me, I find him to be the easiest of the three by far. I honestly think the match-up is dead even, instead of the 4-6/45-55 ratio. For me, it's about knowing when to go after Diddy, and when to go for the bananas. If you can jab him, jab away. If not, grab a banana and play keep away until you have a good opportunity to DACIT, or be a jerk and throw the banana off stage and attempt to punish the banana respawn/toss thingy.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
M2k always beats spam though. I went to a smashfest with spam and m2k and spam beat him as diddy once and I am pretty sure that was it. Yeah I am not even completely sure if Candy is the second best, I was more defending the claim you made about DSF. Candy is really good, but there has been a lot of EC snakes placing high lately, like Anti, but I am not sure if he is "only snake."
yah I know M2K beats him but i think thats just because of how well he knows MK and the MK ditto match. M2K is also just a better player overall.

What i was trying to say though is no one has reached spams level yet as in the 2nd best MK isn't as good as it was 4 months ago.

And I think MK is the hardest of the 3 xD...I think Olimar and Diddy are more technical in playing better with them, but MK is just "LOL D-SmASH, TORNADO, SHUTTLE LOOP"
Thats because texas only has 1 good olimar and he lives over here in el paso.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
dude play Chic's Luigi! that is real hell dude, unless you are spaced far enough away you can't jab cancel because his Nair comes out really fast and either you trade hits or he beats you out... But then again it was online so you might be able to jab cancel fast enough... But next time i play him I'll try to punish that with a Bair from jab

Palpi

Smash Hero
This game is about how can you can play. If you play gayer than your opponent there is a good chance you'll win. Spam is amazing at playing gay. Plank air planked dapuffster for 5:40 seconds in a match where they both lost 1 stock. I might try to hype some brawl plus more. It eliminated a lot of the lameness in the game.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
brawl plus has its own problems. Mario and Luigi can upsmash 5 times in a row and wario has this weird Fair Dtilt Fair across the stage combo that ends with a fart that still kills super low.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Kimchi. I'm not joking. I had a lot of fun playing. After the first several, I was like... WIFI SUCKS. And then somehow I started enjoying it.

(You too Slaps. LOL, you loved that Dtilt spike out of your Aether.)
(Kimchi and I both got box kills on Slaps while we were Snake.) (Mine was a stage spike.)

Good games. It should happen some more this summer.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ryko makes a lot of new videos all the time, if you're looking for some.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Kimchi. I'm not joking. I had a lot of fun playing. After the first several, I was like... WIFI SUCKS. And then somehow I started enjoying it.

(You too Slaps. LOL, you loved that Dtilt spike out of your Aether.)
(Kimchi and I both got box kills on Slaps while we were Snake.) (Mine was a stage spike.)

Good games. It should happen some more this summer.
you know what? **** you guys! lol I always felt like I was getting teamed on... like that enormous combo to death of mixed aether and F-smashes til i finally died! At least but it was fun getting all those spikes on you guys as Ganon! lmao Ganon rules!

<3 brett & kimichi

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Best feeling ever?

When you go to Pirate Ship twice in tourney. And you don't pick it either time.

One person was too confident in himself. The other just didn't know. Two-stocked them both.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Turned on my wii yesterday, received this message:

"The system files are corrupted.
Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual
for help troubleshooting."

What to do... Probably going to send in my wii for repair

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Hey Ryko/San sorry I am an idiot but I couldn't find the NY brawl thread... So if you could be so kind could you get me whatever information on smashfests or tourneys for the end of June and beginning of July because I'll be in Manhattan for 2 weeks over the summer around then... its probably too soon but yeah, or you could just give me link to the thread i can't find... and Metroid I'll be in Chicago for a day or two over the summer so if you wanna just like hang for a bit one of the days PM me...

metroid1117

Smash Master
Turned on my wii yesterday, received this message:

"The system files are corrupted.
Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual
for help troubleshooting."

What to do... Probably going to send in my wii for repair
Wow... that sucks. You should definitely get it sent for repairs.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Kirk, you haven't played in two months. I have. You got 9th out of 47 in your tourney. I got 9th out of roughly 25 in mine, and I have been playing this whole time. And you got beat by out of state MKs. I got beat by local Wario (2-0) and Fox (2-1).

Screw it, why am I comaring me to you? There's no sense in that, LOL.

All in all, you shouldn't be discouraged. Gone for two months? That's not bad. Keep playing this summer.. you'll get your top 8 placings back.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
xD I know this is SMASHboards, but I have a question about Ike

Ike is about to promote in FE9 and he has only capped speed, should I restart or keep going

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
xD I know this is SMASHboards, but I have a question about Ike

Ike is about to promote in FE9 and he has only capped speed, should I restart or keep going
I need to know the full extent of his stats to be able to tell. Speed is a very good thing to have capped after all, but if he's strength and defense screwed, it may or may not be worth it.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dude. It's Ike in FE:poR
It barely matters.
WAIT. Did you get him to lvl 20? If not, what the HELL? If so, yeah, keep going.

(I was just thinking about playing through again and starting today.)

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Hes was llv 16 but now he is 19 and his stats picked up alot so I'm keeping him xD

I have a Brawl relevant question. How do I time the lagless bair I know you don't fast fall it, just idk it doesn't work sometimes xD

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah, just input the bair before you reach the apex of your shorthop. You just gotta be fast, and practice it a bit. It will soon be muscle-memory.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Honestly it's the exact same **** as ganon's thunderstorming just with back instead of down. You of course have to let go of back before you land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom