• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Your right its the guy who won C3 where candy was at. I know candy got better but its not like dsf didn't.

If its harder to camp on BF and smashville then you strike those stages.

Also dojo said him self that he did bad at apex.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Wavebounced Eruptions do look funny (16:48), but I doubt it would be worth it to change your C-stick to "Specials".
dude! i was talking about this to Brett the other day!!!! how i was in a friendly and i fast fell a quickdash and had a sudden directional change quick dash... it was wierd dude.. but i dont see much use for it except a possible mind game eruption, or quickdash mind **** lmao

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Sorry palpi i just remember an Ike in the EC complaining about MKs a lot and you colya ussi kimchi ryko and silven are the only ones i remember for some reason you stuck out the most in my mind when i remembered this.

How ever you can camp a snake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHe7FmMa38w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRIE6b1bnhs

Unless the 2nd best snake in the world isn't a high enough level of the metagame.
If only Ike had projectiles =/. Ah well, we can camp moderately well with retreating Fairs :D. I don't find MK too hard actually. I find Jigglypuff, Wolf, ZSS, Olimar, Falco, and DDD more difficult to be quite honest :o.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
Is there an Ike back room? I really think there should be one. (I know I wouldn't be part of it, but it probably would do the Ike community some good.)

On another note, I think I want to focus on MK matchup.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Sooo...whats new?

I'm going to be playing brawl for the first time in close to 3 months...along with my return to tourney play this weekend.

OMG WTF SHUDE EYE DUU!?!

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
Sooo...whats new?

I'm going to be playing brawl for the first time in close to 3 months...along with my return to tourney play this weekend.

OMG WTF SHUDE EYE DUU!?!
:bigthumbu Sweet! Are you going to record? I need to see some current vids. Good luck!

Kirk

Smash Champion
No better way to get back in the swing of things than by going to a tourney. Good luck, Kirk.

Btw, whats your position on the whole MK situation?
I'm unaware of the 'situation.' Care to fill me in?

:bigthumbu Sweet! Are you going to record? I need to see some current vids. Good luck!
Lol...don't get your hopes up. I'm sure it'll be nothing special. xD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Sooo...whats new?

OMG WTF SHUDE EYE DUU!?!
*!*

Thankyouthankyourthankyou.

I think Ike has had like, 3 tournament placings since you stopped. >_<

The Samus match-up should be "fun". Last time the Samus board discussed it, it ended up being 55-45 Ike. Then Xyro remade the match-up thread, we didn't go over when he told us for what ever reason (my excuse was the fact I basically did most of the talking last time and that was less then a month ago at the time), and now suddenly the match up is 35-65, Samus's favor.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
I'm unaware of the 'situation.' Care to fill me in?

Lol...don't get your hopes up. I'm sure it'll be nothing special. xD

Alot of people want to ban Metaknight. I'm sure you can imagine the amount of drama that can create...

Even if you don't perform at your best, we still need Ikes out on the tourney scene. There are virtually no current vids of good ikes.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Basically what Jinkwai said. People want him banned or whether he's even worth banning in the first place.

Also, I was thinking. Why couldn't Ike's QD be like Pikachu's Skull Bash... Recovery would be sooo much better...

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Everyone wonders why QD doesn't NOT suck. It's a freaking critical hit animation from PoR, for God's sake. I really, really, really wish Ike could move again after QD. Or at least go through people when he hits. Or at least something that makes the move slightly less poop.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
GL this weekend kirk. I have 2 tournaments after this one swat where i'll meet up with brett and then one in ABQ, NM which i have confidence in at least getting top 8 most of the people who can take me out are from el paso lol.

Also palpi why would think candy is the 2nd best snake? it doesn't make sense if you look at the tournament results. DSF always wins in the west cost and he won in the EC, he got 3rd in texas. This is the first big tournament i've seen candy do good in and he only got 9th.

am I missing something?

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
GL this weekend kirk. I have 2 tournaments after this one swat where i'll meet up with brett and then one in ABQ, NM which i have confidence in at least getting top 8 most of the people who can take me out are from el paso lol.

Also palpi why would think candy is the 2nd best snake? it doesn't make sense if you look at the tournament results. DSF always wins in the west cost and he won in the EC, he got 3rd in texas. This is the first big tournament i've seen candy do good in and he only got 9th.

am I missing something?
well to start off thats not the 1st time ive done good in a big tourny LOL

i wouldnt consider dsf 2nd best b/c he doesnt go all snake...in fact he barely uses him...he goes mostly mk...to be a good snake to have to be able to use him in all situations...it doesnt count if you use him once or twice in tourny

dsf won a tourny in the EC like...more than half a year ago??? plus it was mainly an MD/VA tourny plus a very few ny/nj.....and if top was played out m2k would of most likely won the tourny instead they split....you cant use results that were that long ago...ESPECIALLY since the games barely been out a year....so much has changed that results that long ago just arnt viable....peoples skills change...some more drastically than others

apex is by far the hardest tourny ive ever been too...it was stack with wayyyyyyyyyyy to many top players...there is no way dsf could get 1st at apex....i think that he would do pretty good...but not b/c of his snake...but b/c of his mk

thats the reason that ppl like me, razer, afro are ranked for snakes...we go all snake...no matter how bad the matchup...even against DDD we stay snake....afro also plays wario but hes been to enough tournys going all snake

dont get me wrong...ive met DSF acouple times and talked to him alot and hes a mad cool dude....but the reason that hes a really good is not b/c of his snake

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Btw, whats your position on the whole MK situation?

Shut the **** up!!!! Don't start this again! We just got done talking about it when we should have never in the first place so shutup and don't bring it up again!

Don't get hit.

am I missing something?
haha! I am the first other Ike in TX to meet with Arturito Burrito... We gotta see who is better, Bored, or Arturito. Because i was playing Xyro and he never heard of Bored and doesn't know he's got some good skills too so he says A_B is the best Ike in TX.... and also i found out Xyro didn't know about Ike's infinite against a wall after i did it to him in a match... I'm like wtf! who doesn't know?!?!?!?

and... Glad to have you back Kirk! =]

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Slaps, I met A_B back in December during my first tournament. >_>

All three of ya need to come to Final Smash 6. Make up excuses if you must, we need to figure out who is better then who. XD

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Canadians don't count!!!! and Ike dittos doesn't prove **** and parents don't let me go to out of town events... WHOBO was just because it was THAT important!....

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Canadians don't count!!!! and Ike dittos doesn't prove **** and parents don't let me go to out of town events... WHOBO was just because it was THAT important!....
I know dittos don't prove anything. I suck at dittos. Luckily, Ike isn't the only character I use, and I was talking about comparing placings.

Seriously, we won't actually be able to tell who is better then who unless someone is obviously better then the rest. I was mainly kidding.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dude, I'm coming to FS6, or so I plan to to. I think Bored may go as well? A_B had better go. And Slaps.. well.. parents, eh?
All of us in the Ike boards should go to FS6. For the lulz.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
i know i can't if its over the summer because I'm out of town... i leave the weekend FS6 is.... and wont b be back til the week before August which once August starts i have August marching since next year is State year for marching band at our school

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
haha! I am the first other Ike in TX to meet with Arturito Burrito... We gotta see who is better, Bored, or Arturito. Because i was playing Xyro and he never heard of Bored and doesn't know he's got some good skills too so he says A_B is the best Ike in TX.... and also i found out Xyro didn't know about Ike's infinite against a wall after i did it to him in a match... I'm like wtf! who doesn't know?!?!?!?

and... Glad to have you back Kirk! =]
He probably just forgot cause Houston has no ikes lol. I did it to him and the people that i stayed with at the hotel for hobo 11.

well to start off thats not the 1st time ive done good in a big tourny LOL

i wouldnt consider dsf 2nd best b/c he doesnt go all snake...in fact he barely uses him...he goes mostly mk...to be a good snake to have to be able to use him in all situations...it doesnt count if you use him once or twice in tourny

dsf won a tourny in the EC like...more than half a year ago??? plus it was mainly an MD/VA tourny plus a very few ny/nj.....and if top was played out m2k would of most likely won the tourny instead they split....you cant use results that were that long ago...ESPECIALLY since the games barely been out a year....so much has changed that results that long ago just arnt viable....peoples skills change...some more drastically than others

apex is by far the hardest tourny ive ever been too...it was stack with wayyyyyyyyyyy to many top players...there is no way dsf could get 1st at apex....i think that he would do pretty good...but not b/c of his snake...but b/c of his mk

thats the reason that ppl like me, razer, afro are ranked for snakes...we go all snake...no matter how bad the matchup...even against DDD we stay snake....afro also plays wario but hes been to enough tournys going all snake

dont get me wrong...ive met DSF acouple times and talked to him alot and hes a mad cool dude....but the reason that hes a really good is not b/c of his snake
Yah I know that the tournament was about 6 months ago but its still the only tournament you have both been at. And I know that you have improved since then but you can say the same thing about him too.

To me it seemed that COT4 had more competition than apex because all the people that placed high this time where there plus people who placed above them. Maybe I'm just biased since lee and infinity weren't there but neither was spammer and I don't think another MK has reached his level yet.

I do think i was wrong in claim that dsf is the 2nd best snake but you can't really do the same yet. You should come down to FS6 though and **** since DSF is thinking of coming down too. :laugh:

O yah I'm going to FS6 niddo so bored you better go too!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, I'll get a ride. I've been pretty unmotivated for a long time now, but I'll try to find some inspiration. -Gets in his car and drives off in one direction until he finds some inspiration-
l l
Edit: Add depressed onto the list. After seeing my Lakers lose badly again, I don't think I could beat Slaps right now.

Palpi

Smash Hero
M2k always beats spam though. I went to a smashfest with spam and m2k and spam beat him as diddy once and I am pretty sure that was it. Yeah I am not even completely sure if Candy is the second best, I was more defending the claim you made about DSF. Candy is really good, but there has been a lot of EC snakes placing high lately, like Anti, but I am not sure if he is "only snake."

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hey guys I've got a quick question about a tournament I'm going to.

It's a relatively small local tournament, but it's my first tournament, so I wanted to be sure about this. Anyways, I've gotten used to having my c-stick on 'attack' (so I can walk-off dair, jab -> dtilt and such), but at a tournament, could I make a username and change the controller options for it? It seems like there shouldn't be a problem with that, but I'm just making sure.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
No, no, no, not a problem at all. It'd be pretty forked up if you couldn't do that.

EDIT: We have had tourney placings since Kirk left. I've placed top 8 once and Bored has done the same more than once, with one in top 3. We just have a TO who doesn't like posting results anymore.

Also edit: I got my Wii back, finally, so anyone who ever wants to play Wifi, send me a PM and add my FC, please.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'll probably be putting vids of myself up in the critique thread soon, from the tournament this Sunday. I'm not exactly a pro but I've been learning a lot from these boards, and hopefully you guys will be able to give me more pointers on my vids.

Still, it's kind of nerve-racking because I live in NS, Canada, and from what I've read of the tournament roster so far, I'm the only Ike main attending.

Are there any match-ups I should particularly watch out for (I don't need too many details, just let me know what match-ups to read up on)? I know Falco is supposed to be the worst match-up for Ike, but I've got some experience against him because one of my close friends mains a pretty good Falco (he's placed high in more than a few local tournaments); I rarely beat him, but it's possible. I can secondary almost any character so if you have suggestions of a better character to use against certain match-ups I could definitely use the input. Thanks in advance guys.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Olimar, D3, MK.
This this this this this. All pains in the rear, Olimar is the hardest match-up though. Stupid shorty can grab you through anything except one of those frame perfect Nairs.

A few match-ups such as Diddy , Ice Climbers, and Snake can seem harder then they really are the first time you go against them, but they get easier with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom