• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ally is coming to the upcoming Hobo...there goes first place LOL.

Also heard rumors on Inui, Atomsk, and SK92 coming...will confirm soon.

EDIT: Confirmed Ally...the others are coming to HOBO18. The one upcoming is 17.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Some characters aerial action doesnt need to be a jump. Floatier characters or characters who generally just pop upwards moreso than anything when they get jabbed can furthermore DI it upwards and then throw out a fast aerial without having to actually do anything beforehand. Mario can actually up air you in the mouth for doing it, ****'s kind of annoying.
I recommend Jab to Utilt for these floaty characters, especially Kirby, because they can't do **** about it. We have a 7 frame advantage iirc after jab and floaty characters are pretty vulnerable to Utilt.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm gonna therycraft:

DI up + jump + uair (forget if this is 4 or 5 frames) takes 5-6 frames + 6-7 frames hitstun = 11-13 frames... At worse we get hit at best we collide hits.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I recommend Jab to Utilt for these floaty characters, especially Kirby, because they can't do **** about it. We have a 7 frame advantage iirc after jab and floaty characters are pretty vulnerable to Utilt.
7 Frame advantage on a frame 13 move means they have 6 to still retaliate, mario's already in the air, his up air comes out before frame 6 if I remember correctly. If I don't then obviously yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEEYrQjECMg

1:57, it's kind of stupid.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Is it just my imagination or does eruption actually reach higher than Uair?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Can the "Eruption Spike" actually spike, or is it just for show? (provided that someone has actually tested this)
I've never managed to actually hit with the spike hitbox on an aerial opponent. I tried it out in training and I still couldn't get the spike part to register. Whether this signifies that there is no spike on aerial opponents or that I simply suck at landing it is not known.

Is it just my imagination or does eruption actually reach higher than Uair?

Yeah, it does. The hitbox on Eruption is pretty crazy.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The reach is just really surprising. I can see it working as a surprise anti-air. It would probably only work once in a set but even when uncharged eruption is pretty strong.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Can the "Eruption Spike" actually spike, or is it just for show? (provided that someone has actually tested this)
I didn't save the replay, but I was playing my brother (who was G&W) on Pokemon Stadium 1. It turned into the fire stage and he was camping under the tree at the left side and I was between the tree branches. I used Eruption while he jumped and he was spiked into the ground - he didn't bounce upwards like he would of if he was on the ground while he was hit. It does work, it's just very impractical.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
I didn't save the replay, but I was playing my brother (who was G&W) on Pokemon Stadium 1. It turned into the fire stage and he was camping under the tree at the left side and I was between the tree branches. I used Eruption while he jumped and he was spiked into the ground - he didn't bounce upwards like he would of if he was on the ground while he was hit. It does work, it's just very impractical.
How strong was it?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lol.
You're just curious because your ultimate goal in life is to land an eruption spike out of someone's Aether.

I should adopt that goal. I've fulfilled my other goal of Dtilting people out of Aether more than once. Or perhaps I should just tweak that goal to Dtilting people other than Slaps.... LOL.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Lol.
You're just curious because your ultimate goal in life is to land an eruption spike out of someone's Aether.
You expected anything less? =)

And no, not in life. My ultimate goal in life is to play Kirk offline. :]

I should adopt that goal.
We should make that a collective Ike boards goal.

To the lucky person who pulls it off: Be sure to save a replay!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I have a goal to one day beat Espy, who is in the same city as me.

As for a reachable goal: Teach my muscles to do more then just cancel jab into grab. Jab to Utilt would help my game a lot. >_>

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Some characters aerial action doesnt need to be a jump. Floatier characters or characters who generally just pop upwards moreso than anything when they get jabbed can furthermore DI it upwards and then throw out a fast aerial without having to actually do anything beforehand. Mario can actually up air you in the mouth for doing it, ****'s kind of annoying.
Well jumping is the best way to get out for most characters. The Up Air doesn't actually get him out of a grab it just hits if you don't grab him.

The only things that work better than jumping would be moves with invincibility frames on the first frame because you should be grab armoring any moves that ht on frame 1 which i think is only luigis nair.

Also the eruption spike doesn't light people on fire when you hit you'll notice it right away even if its on stage.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hey everyone can we invite you all to this thread

We're discussing zelda and ike on the same team and the strategies they can use. Would be great to get more input.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Should i use the c-stick for my aerials? 'cause i hear/see a lot of ikes doing it. Do any of you do this?
It is all your personal preference. For a character like marth using c-stick is a lot more helpful since you can DI each aerial a different way depending on spacing.

With Ike it isn't as important, but I still use c-stick.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well, for retreating aerials, you should use C-stick.
And if your C-stick is set to attack, there is of course the C-stick walkoff Dair.

I use my C-stick for Uair and Dair a lot... and for retreating aerials.

Rorar

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the quick replies on my other question I did look up some videos and I did learn a few things but alas I have another question I try to use n-air as much as I can but lately Ive been noticing that when I SH n-air I usually get shield grabbed so then I try to space it as much as I can but I still get shield grabbed am I spacing it wrong or is this normal? Also is it better if i just FJFF n-air? Thanks in advance

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Full jump n-air will put you at even more of a disadvantage :urg:
if youre constantly getting shieldgrabbed, spacing a f-air would be your best bet.
is it a specific character thats shieldgrabbing you? that would make the question easier to awnser ^__^

...but maybe i should just look pretty and play a respectable Ike... ive been coated in failsauce lately

*awaits contradiction*

Rorar

Smash Rookie
no mostly every character and yeah I have been using f-air for spacing alot I think Ive been using it to much actually but when I switch up to n-air I get shield grabbed

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah you have to be very careful when you're approaching with Nair, it's a lot easier than Fair to shield grab if you don't space well. I only approach with Nair if I notice my opponent likes to short-hop a lot, if I notice they like to shield, I generally don't use Nair as an approach. The obvious advantage of Nair is that if you space well, it has next to no landing lag even if you fast fall it, so if you can space it well enough that they miss the grab, you can punish them with a jab and lead into all kinds of fun stuff.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I just placed 3rd in a Brawl+ tourney even though I haven't played it for like... months lol... Ike is crazy good in Brawl+, he has some ridiculous combos and edgeguards.

I didn't get a chance to play in Brawl Singles though, that was on Saturday and I could only go on Sunday :(.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Ike in B+ is really fun, but for some strange reason I prefer the one in vBrawl. Falcon is win in B+ though lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike loses his ability to land kill moves on the ground Effectively as his ground game is way too slow to be used in a fast paced game. Everyone is significantly faster and with dash jumps giving more momentum, it's too easy to weave in and out against Ike. On stage it's pretty harder since you are forced to use only aerials. Egdeguarding however, is significantly better with eruption, dtilt, and aether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom