• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Also please tell me that the fast slow/fall mechanics of smash and tilt sticks being reversed if you hold down on the analog isn't considered a new concept. Kirk had used it a number of times to walk off dair without having to change his controls.
Nope, pretty sure everyone knows. When I was trying to hold down to get a fastfall input, it mustn't have buffered it yet, then when I input the dair, it still does nothing, causing me to die at earlier percents.

Because I tried to be very precise with my inputs, I basically did the same thing over and over 20-30 times, which gave me a false impression.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yah it'd be easier to just dash forward slightly, turn and Usmash. Plus I've never seen Ike's true pivot but I don't imagine he gets much distance out of it at all.

:034:
thing is though, when i trun i get that wierd useless animatino ike has when he is actually stopping running and turning around

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
thing is though, when i trun i get that wierd useless animatino ike has when he is actually stopping running and turning around
Well, you'd have to either turn very soon after starting the dash so Ike pivots faster, or else shield-cancel your dash and then turn and Usmash. Personally I think there are better approaches than reverse Usmash anyways; I really only use Usmash to punish and as a defensive KO move.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, you'd have to either turn very soon after starting the dash so Ike pivots faster, or else shield-cancel your dash and then turn and Usmash. Personally I think there are better approaches than reverse Usmash anyways; I really only use Usmash to punish and as a defensive KO move.

i think i'd be the same thing for me, sadly everyone becomes so much more aware of his b-air when then get into triple digits, if youre facing away then they wont even risk it

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wait, what's wrong with turning and doing a jump canceled upsmash? I think it's pretty useful trying it near the ledge against those who cannot punish effectively.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Did not know Dr. Grandpa was Asian until I saw him at a smashfest today. Expected him to be black for some odd reason lol

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Bum was hosting, Wes, Anti, Rookie, Blackanese, Will, Kirin, and a few more people were there that I can't remember. About 18 people were there. Dr. G was doing pretty good in doubles with Blacka.

http://www.justin.tv/bum163
And it's still going on. ._.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So apparently there's something about the way people behave in forums that gives off a certain racial vibe. Everyone I've ever met on a forum (and asked about it) has assumed that I'm a white male... which I am. The few people I asked "why" said it's just something about the way I type.

Edit: Lol, Ussi.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I thought Dr Grandpa was a BLACK old guy with a medical degree.

Also, San's 110% confirmed for MLG Dallas... isn't that right, San?
And so are Kirk and Kimchi and Red-X.

And Niddo.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dallas is so far off, I am not very sure. I have to check the dates or my first set of exams ASAP once classes begin.

If I don't have any exams nearby, I'll try my best to come (~80-90%).

I knew Dr. G was Asian from the very beginning. I am surprised you people failed to notice.

@Goggles:
I hope a Watkins 2.0 doesn't happen if you do.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
nah, I wont be losing to any ikes not in my region.

ike, pikachu, DK, ganon, rob, those are like the only matchups Im truly confident in. lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You do know ESAM didn't know the MU :X

Though unless Brett been playing Espy for his MU exp, I'm gonna side with the guy who plays the best Ike in the world for his Ike exp

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I barely have any non-wifi MU experience for many characters, and I seem to hang in there. Rich Brown was the first Olimar I have ever played in tourney (singles). I played maybe 2 Olimars at Orlando, though in a few friendlies. My region has also been devoid of snakes for the past year and a half or so, too :( Everyone uses the rest of high tier, though. (except DDD because Goggles stopped using him and G&W cause he's not as good in singles)

I was surprised the match against ESAM was that close, though. it didn't seem like that when I was there watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom