• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
They consider addiction a problem when a lot of times people have nothing better too dooo >.>

Though some people are out of hand :x

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure I have some sort of inner ear disease. First of all, I produce TONS of really tightly packed earwax, which is kinda gross. Secondly, after almost any sound sometimes, my ears will hear like a reverberation of sorts, which makes sound unbearable at times, and I think it's a muscle in my ear contracting when it isn't supposed to.
This is pretty much a curse, considering I want to be a piano tuner.

---------------

Um. Onto happier subjects? Nysyarc and I entered a random WiFi LT tourney.

http://i48.tinypic.com/vh7ree.jpg <-- Bracket.

1-2 finish, haha. I got so worn out because I lost to lag in 1st round. I played 11 sets of "serious" WiFi in one night. And I'm an offline player. xD

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I have some sort of inner ear disease. First of all, I produce TONS of really tightly packed earwax, which is kinda gross. Secondly, after almost any sound sometimes, my ears will hear like a reverberation of sorts, which makes sound unbearable at times, and I think it's a muscle in my ear contracting when it isn't supposed to.
This is pretty much a curse, considering I want to be a piano tuner.

---------------

Um. Onto happier subjects? Nysyarc and I entered a random WiFi LT tourney.

http://i48.tinypic.com/vh7ree.jpg <-- Bracket.

1-2 finish, haha. I got so worn out because I lost to lag in 1st round. I played 11 sets of "serious" WiFi in one night. And I'm an offline player. xD
o.o thats a hell of alot of players...
my hands would go numb from all that :ohwell:

good job brett :)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
1st/2nd in doubles (we split with the people who won losers finals). 4th in singles. You know how mind-wrecking it is to play 3 mks in a row? All three of them had different playstyles. Oh well, at least I made some money out of this. I came with the mindset of getting paid, and I got paid.

Okay, I'm tired, and I have to be somewhere at 9 this morning. Will Mr. Doom make it? No.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
page 777!
also that sucks bored, best get that checked if it seems to majorly effect you, although im confused how getting hit with a football can mess up your eyesight, but whatever, **** can happen

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
too bad you can't drive ALONE...

What it's only page 583, 30 posts a page ftw.... (nah that's only on my phone xD)

Mr. Doom for MK slayer!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
He has 4 hitboxes on his sword.. They are mostly the same power though some things send in different angles (such as dtilt)

fsmash is the only move with different power, tip being 40% weaker (factoring in angle and loss of power) than the strong point and the hilt being 10% weaker.

if you are wondering about any move in particular, go to the first page here and ctrl + F "frame" and find the link to Kirk's frame data W.I.P.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I always had the feeling that hitting with the tip was different than the rest of the sword. Didn't know it was for Fsmash only though. I learn something new everyday.

Yesterday I had a mini smashfest thingy with my friends. Boy the SAF on Aether not only saved my rear from a thunderstomp, but it also got me a kill (yes, my friend mains Ganon). What was so funny at the time though was my reaction time to the whole thing. I thought Ganon was too far for the kill, but to me it looked like he went from a good distance away to right up on my face. lulz were had.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I always had the feeling that hitting with the tip was different than the rest of the sword. Didn't know it was for Fsmash only though. I learn something new everyday.

Yesterday I had a mini smashfest thingy with my friends. Boy the SAF on Aether not only saved my rear from a thunderstomp, but it also got me a kill (yes, my friend mains Ganon). What was so funny at the time though was my reaction time to the whole thing. I thought Ganon was too far for the kill, but to me it looked like he went from a good distance away to right up on my face. lulz were had.
lol nice, im confused as to how SAF got you a kill, unless the ganon FF'd the d-air that is

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
1st/2nd in doubles (we split with the people who won losers finals). 4th in singles. You know how mind-wrecking it is to play 3 mks in a row? All three of them had different playstyles. Oh well, at least I made some money out of this. I came with the mindset of getting paid, and I got paid.

Okay, I'm tired, and I have to be somewhere at 9 this morning. Will Mr. Doom make it? No.
But Brett beat 2 metaknights! XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I text alliegence
To the United States of American apparell
And to the Facebook for which it friends
One nation
OMG
Indivizzlebizzle
With liberty and Jonas for all.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Let's see....
Nope, can't possibly fit more fail in a neat little package like that.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,i told you not to:(
MY SECRET TO FIGHTING SAN IF WE EVER MET=(((((((((((((
jk lol.__.

and ggs yesterday kimchi
nice seeing you again

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well think about how much it can hurt Ike. It's not just aethering from the ledge like that, but if we're trying to recover from offstage, GnW can drop down and wait for us to aether and parachute us away.

Basically, don't end up off stage lol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
GW's Up-B has invincibility frames and a wind box upon activation. When GW Up-B'd during Ike's Up-B, the wind from GW's attack pushed Ike away from the edge.

Zac tried that stunt on me at NK3. It made me nervous.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I thought it was just common knowledge. Oh well.

Yeah, Zac loves the trick. Luckily, against an Ike who sees it coming, it isn't particularly EASY to do. Though I won't lie-- it's still a viable trick because it can definitely work in real matches.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I played kimchi a long time ago as GNW and only reason i won 1 was because of the up-b oos. It worked best when the aether higher than needed...i guess..

Plus, I am pretty sure ninjalink discovered it like...2 years ago and didn't tell anyone but ryko.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
G&W can easily do better things than that. I also thought people knew that for years by now. I also don't want to watch a 9 min vid to see it, too.

yeah i know zair is gay i don't really have a problem with that. To be specific its when i recover and he times the uncharged b shot to hit me at the apex of aether or if he has a charged shot with that. I haven't really gotten gimped by zair off stage but just some more tip in the MU.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's pretty easy to hit Samus with attacks out of jab (uptilt and backair) and nair (back air, uptilt, jab samus is too floaty to probably hit).

If samus is far away from the edge, QD. If Samus is up close, Aether as far as you can (non-FD/Yoshi's Island). If Samus gets hit, hold forward. If you miss or Samus shields, hold back towards the edge.

Samus isn't fast, so she can't run to the edge very quickly. Conserve your double jump. If samus is very close near the edge, the player will probably not try to hit you with any projectiles so feel free to time an aether. If the player is very far away, QD away. At a medium distance, get as close as you can while conserving your second jump, to see whether you will be able to QD or aether safely depending on how close the samus is to the edge and how the player is moving.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Never let samus back on stage, she is fairly easy to guard since she lacks options, and is very slow. Watch out for her airdodge zair tricks aswell.

Aren't samus ledge options amazing. I've ventured into the samus boards on occasion and found that a lot of their game involves camping on the ledge and if there was no ledge limit they believe that samus could do well. I know most love to bomb stall to look for an opening and i want to look for a way to punish that.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike has too much range for many of Samus' ledge options. The best samus has is the Zair through the stage. Ike tries to space fair and other long ranged moves. Even if Ike misses an aerial against Samus, Samus doesn't have the aerial speed or range for us to be in much risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom