• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ah, that sucks :( I tend to leave the SDing to the sonics, though. Playing sonic tires me out, because you have to react to things all the time, even if they're mediocre moves. Rather play against characters you can beat without trying.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>_> when does Ike not have to try?...

Well then I shall hype the Brett vs Kid MM >:D be sure to record for my viewing pleasure

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
sigh....
man i feel so left out...it hurts T_T
You live in the same state as like 2-3 other people who use Ike though.

Not as left out as me at VC7 where kimchi and RedX are nowhere to be seen. Heck, kimchi still lurking, probably having a nice long conversation with metroid and Guillhe.

@ Bored, I bet $2 Niddo isn't coming. He's like an enigma to me right now. I really want him to come. $2 to see Niddo is a huge bargain for me.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm the only known Ike in the Midwest-West, and even then, not that many people know about me. Kirk doesn't count since he's in the Midwest-East. 'Nuff said.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh ya, I'm totally going. Being 3 stocking Espy all day to practice the Sonic MU. I can play it in my sleep now.

In all seriousness: There is no flipping way I could make it unless somebody gave me a large wad of cash. ;_;

Maybe not that large, but enough to pay for the tournament, and for my ride with the rest of SA. And to pay for where ever they're staying overnight.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm the only known Ike in the Midwest-West, and even then, not that many people know about me. Kirk doesn't count since he's in the Midwest-East. 'Nuff said.
I'm the only known Ike in eastern Canada. :ohwell:

In fact, not counting Niddo, the only other Canadian Ike user I know of is Max (used to be King of Sack) who lives in BC on the far west coast... literally as far from me geographically as possible for being in the same country. And I'm pretty sure he mains Snake now... so yah, only Ike main in Canada right here, lol.

:034:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You do know ESAM didn't know the MU :X

the only reason I challenged him to begin with is the fact that I know that hes never seen my character before.

and yea san, I was pretty much in control of the whole match the entire time, its just that the few times I walked into stupid stuff I got thunder gayed.

Heartstring

Smash Legend

the only reason I challenged him to begin with is the fact that I know that hes never seen my character before.

and yea san, I was pretty much in control of the whole match the entire time, its just that the few times I walked into stupid stuff I got thunder gayed.
and this is why pikachu is high tier, make a mistake, you WILL be punished

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yah, either that or the 0 to ~55% chaingrabs he has on 70some percent of the cast + a good few reliable killing moves and... stuff..
yeah, didnt say it was the only reason.

dat chaingrab, btw, how long does his chaingrab last on ike before he can escape? i thought it was about 30% but i dunno if my opponent was jsut messing up

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm the only known Ike in eastern Canada. :ohwell:

In fact, not counting Niddo, the only other Canadian Ike user I know of is Max (used to be King of Sack) who lives in BC on the far west coast... literally as far from me geographically as possible for being in the same country. And I'm pretty sure he mains Snake now... so yah, only Ike main in Canada right here, lol.

Man, you're not supposed to troll me. >_< lol You're trolling the Mr. Doom, the Anti-Troll! I could keep this going too. But ↓ is the reason why I made an elongated post.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Man, you're not supposed to troll me. >_< lol You're trolling the Mr. Doom, the Anti-Troll! I could keep this going too. But ↓ is the reason why I made an elongated post.
But I was talkin' srs bsns. I can't think of any other Canadian Ike mains who actually use him in tourney, lol.

Winning sig is winning.

Edit: Espy on the other hand be trollin' you.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't follow soccer. I've never actually watched a full game from start to finish.

I just had a cool idea Mr. Doom, you should link the downloads for your modded levels to the words "modded levels" in your new sig.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
But I was talkin' srs bsns. I can't think of any other Canadian Ike mains who actually use him in tourney, lol.

Winning sig is winning.

Edit: Espy on the other hand be trollin' you.

Nah, I knew you weren't trolling. I was just using you as an excuse to show my sig. lol

Also, if anyone wanted to support my tournament in July, come to it. Yeah, I pushed it back, but now I'm part of a midwest-west circuit.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271351

Edit: That's a great idea. Just what I'm about to do.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
questions for you guys

ike vs ness.

jab grab is a true combo, correct?
grab release to jab is a combo right?

what prevent the above sequence of moves from continuing on endlessly?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
questions for you guys

ike vs ness.

Jab -> grab isn't actually a true combo, it can be SDI'd out of due to Ike's terrible grab range. Plus Ness can be grab released far enough away that he's basically already out of re-grab range after a Jab, so you can really only do the regular 3 hits of the Jab combo... and I've even had Ness and Lucas SDI out of that after a grab release.

Edit: Oh, of course the obvious thing that I didn't think of is that Ness and Lucas air release by default, which means you have to time a pummel in order to force a ground release. So even if they SDI horribly there's a chance they'll air release and escape.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
questions for you guys

ike vs ness.

The main thing that prevents that from being endless is that occasionally Ness releases too far away to score a jab on him, mainly by escaping at a key moment during the pummel.

The next thing is that since they have like 33 frames to anticipate the jab they will have Mr. Doom level SDI and will just be flying away from your jab1. I generally prefer to just walk forward a bit and grab them again then just Bthrow to Dash Attack. They don't expect it.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Ike doesn't have terrible grab range. It's pretty average.

But even without super SDI--
and even without releasing too far away--

Ness releases in Ike's jab range, but not his grab range. Jab -> grab works. Jab -> DASH grab does not.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
your prediction skills are amazing, someones been using snake d-throw.

robert green, get it together man. fkn fumbled the ball
Yea, I'm too good with this stuff. I actually did think it would be 1-1 to boot. US played how they always do. Bad defense, giving up a lot of shots, Tim Howard bails us out, we get our once in a while chance and score.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Ness releases in Ike's jab range, but not his grab range. Jab -> grab works. Jab -> DASH grab does not.
^This, and I was exaggerating about the grab range just to emphasize my point. It's certainly better than Captain Falcon's.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yea, I'm too good with this stuff. I actually did think it would be 1-1 to boot. US played how they always do. Bad defense, giving up a lot of shots, Tim Howard bails us out, we get our once in a while chance and score.
to be fair, i wouldnt even call it a chance, it was a shot and england then played its usual self, normally outclasses the player, then lets in a stupid goal and it all averages out from there.
ah well, gg's. no online taunting from anyone i suppose

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

none of this grab release stuff is 100%... Since Lucas was said to be 100% and Phoenix Alpha proved that wrong...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello Ike boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been an Ike main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
ok guys, lets gather every ike that plays wifi in here, so Me, San, Red, and Nyke lets do this guys, i can teach them new guys how to break **** XD lol... Sorry AiB Ikes, you don't make the cut XD... Also would like to point out...

please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in...How long have you been an Ike main?
So if I wanna mentor snake i gotta tell you how long i have been an Ike main? XD lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ugh, I got hit in the eye from football and now I'm seeing this weird black spec in front of me. -_-...turns out it's a "floater" and it's gonna stick with me for the rest of my life. Anyone ever had this before?

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
The fk, a Watkins 2.0? lolol

We need to have a rematch sometime tho, Goggles, I played you at like my 3rd tournament ever and you just died in hilarious ways to frigate so I don't feel like I earned the win as much XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That sucks dude. :( How big is the spec?
Smaller than a housefly. It's pretty freaking annoying. Apparently, your brain eventually "ignores" it so you don't see it altogether, but I'm still gonna go to an eye doctor to make sure nothing else is wrong with my eye.

Slaps, this won't stop me from playing Brawl. Hell, it won't even have an impact on my performance.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ugh, I got hit in the eye from football and now I'm seeing this weird black spec in front of me. -_-...turns out it's a "floater" and it's gonna stick with me for the rest of my life. Anyone ever had this before?
Man that is not good... you're sure it can't be fixed through laser surgery or anything? I guess that wouldn't be practical due to cost anyways if it eventually won't bother you too much.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, I mean I'm not gonna do Laser surgery for one spec. It's annoying, but not painful or anything. I must admit though, it is kinda depressing, since it's a "permanent" injury.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You don't know what you have until it's gone, eh?

A bit of a similar story on my side. I was blasting music a bit too loudly in my room a few weeks ago and simply could not hear for a few days afterwards. It made me really reflect on the fact that my most key senses such as hearing and vision simply cannot improve. They can only deteriorate. Extreme caution is to be exercised in this regard.

That said, terribly sorry to hear you have this sort of injury, bored. I would not recommend surgery for it anyway because the complications of the surgery (small as they are) far outweigh having a dot in your eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom