• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, I didn't see the point of taking Ally to Brinstar. The only thing I can think of that would play in San's favor would be the fact Ally has little to no exp there. That stage is too tiny for Ike vs Snake. Snake can just control ares with explosives, and then F-tilt all day -_-.

If I were there, I would have smacked that girl so hard. I'm surprised no one did. If that's my gf, I'm telling her to stfu, I need to concentrate, go make me a sandwich.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yea, I didn't see the point of taking Ally to Brinstar. The only thing I can think of that would play in San's favor would be the fact Ally has little to no exp there. That stage is too tiny for Ike vs Snake. Snake can just control ares with explosives, and then F-tilt all day -_-.

If I were there, I would have smacked that girl so hard. I'm surprised no one did. If that's my gf, I'm telling her to stfu, I need to concentrate, go make me a sandwich.
ugh tell me about it, i reckon ally paid her to do that to distract san, he just can't win fairly can he?

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
Man San knows he can consentrate. And most of all he's cool about most stuff. Very laidback. Who wouldn't like a guy like that no homo. And he stopped ally from doing everything lol. Ally didn't know what to do.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
That's ally's girlfriend, and she was doing it the entire day. If that's my gf, I'm smacking her anyways.
yeah i know it was, and trust me, if my girlfriends did that, i'd be gay very soon after.

did anyone check out the b-sticking stuff? its hard to test it out on level 9's but if someone has a human the y can abuse then it might be worth looknig at...retreating fairs are a ton harder though, probably not worth that setback

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
LOL. All this talk of san ****** MLG almost made me forget I took SATs yesterday.
If I had a girlfriend who was like that (pfft me getting a girlfriend? yeah right!), I would probably be like: "**** you were so annoying!"

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uh.... Hey people... <_<

Yeah, so after about a 5-month hiatus, I'm back... (started practicing about a week or two ago) Just got back from MLG. After playing and talking a bit with san, I got inspired to start posting on Smashboards again, so... Here I am?

Anyway, I almost cried after san beat Ally in the first match with an fsmash and the crowd of 200+ Smashers started cheering "WE LIKE IKE". Definitely one of my most favorite moments from the tournament.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I didn't know vids and stuff were up like that, lol. I have to confirm bair>>dair for momentum canceling. Somehow, I survived fresh ZSS up air at ~180%, which caught me by surprise.

MLG little to no freeplay is really annoying though. I'm slow to warm up :( I had a lot more enjoyable time in the friendlies I played with people.

I'm surprised there were videos of MLG matches, though. I guess everyone knows what was going on then.

I think my favorite match was when I played Arty's falco. Everything I was doing seemed on point, and I want to play like that in future matches =)

About Ally & Brinstar,

He banned PS1 and that was the stage I wanted to go.
My top 3 were brinstar, smashville, and lylat

Brinstar has irregular terrain and obstacles.
Smashville, it was too much like FD, so my approaches will be pretty linear.
Lylat, didn't feel like guessing where all the nades were lol.
I already tried and failed at delfino before, and I didn't feel like I improved there much since Orlando.

Brinstar seemed doable to me. I have personal qualms about the stage in general, but it just seemed the best choice so I went there. The biggest problem in my mind is that the stage is really small, so we will be up close to each other the whole match, which I thought I should risk compared to get past the camping lol. Props to Ally for switching up from match 1 though. He only played ever so slightly different than game 1, but it made a difference for him to avoid my attacks.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I kept jabbing his grabs I think (I couldn't tell if it was fsmash or grab). When I saw an opening when he threw pikmin too close (which isn't really that close), I spaced dash attack, which left him open for more aerials/jabs/dash attacks. I knew it was going to be very tough until I actually could get inside.

Once he was popped in the air, that was one of the few chances to get and stay close with jabs, and be aware of SDI attempts.

On pictochat, I did not try to go anywhere near him except for 1 time on any of the campier transitions. I ended up downward ftilting him on his last stock on picto when he was going to jump from the edge (it was my 1st/2nd time using ftilt the entire set, so he probably didn't expect something like it) and killed at 90.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Btw, Colaya was at MLG lol.

Watkins was, too.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
watkins mains MK now.

he and nicole were playing doubles vs mikeHAZE and havok

they got ***** game one (5 stock i think)

I yell Go back to Ike!

he picks ike and proceeds to only get 3 stocked. It was a NOTICIBLE improvement.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that it was recorded.. that would benefit the Ike community as a whole.
Yeah I hope it was too. Hopefully it was

watkins mains MK now.

I yell Go back to Ike!

he picks ike and proceeds to only get 3 stocked. It was a NOTICIBLE improvement.
That is because Watkins had nooo idea how to play a good MK :p

I kept jabbing his grabs I think (I couldn't tell if it was fsmash or grab). When I saw an opening when he threw pikmin too close (which isn't really that close), I spaced dash attack, which left him open for more aerials/jabs/dash attacks. I knew it was going to be very tough until I actually could get inside.

Once he was popped in the air, that was one of the few chances to get and stay close with jabs, and be aware of SDI attempts.

On pictochat, I did not try to go anywhere near him except for 1 time on any of the campier transitions. I ended up downward ftilting him on his last stock on picto when he was going to jump from the edge (it was my 1st/2nd time using ftilt the entire set, so he probably didn't expect something like it) and killed at 90.
Congrats on placing 11th though. That was very impressive, I dont think any other Ike's that didn't go to MLG this time could possibly get that far

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Uh.... Hey people... <_<

Yeah, so after about a 5-month hiatus, I'm back... (started practicing about a week or two ago) Just got back from MLG. After playing and talking a bit with san, I got inspired to start posting on Smashboards again, so... Here I am?

Anyway, I almost cried after san beat Ally in the first match with an fsmash and the crowd of 200+ Smashers started cheering "WE LIKE IKE". Definitely one of my most favorite moments from the tournament.
i was the person that shouted

DAT WIFI FSMASH DAT WIIIFIII FSMASH

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Bah, it's back to training camp for me. I need to step up my game lots if I want to be ready for Dallas.

In the meantime, I'll edit a few of my modded doom levels. Anyone up for being my guinea pigs?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Great stuff San, I don't know why everyone was so hung up on the Brinstar thing, I've made choices like that in tournament before like when I counter-picked Norfair (which is legal here) against our top player who mains Snake, and he pulled out a pocket MK for it, which I should have known he'd do. I lost. I had thought Norfair was a good idea at the time, and it wasn't bad, but looking back I probably should have just gone BF or something.

Anyways, congratulations on the ridiculous placing man; I know you've probably heard that a million times by now, but it's just so awesome to see all the high tier mains up in the top ranks and then an Ike main in the middle of it all. I said it from the start, you're as good a player as anyone there, and getting 11th with Ike is as good as winning the whole thing as far as I'm concerned.

Also I'd still like to try those someday Mr. Doom but still no luck getting my PC running, and I ran into some problems trying to install Windows on my Mac a few weeks ago. If you could mod the game files so that they could run on a Mac and send me the game along with your levels I'd be more than happy to play them, but I don't know if that would be possible and otherwise it's looking grim.

:034:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What about Yoshi's island?

And learn to lylat, it's not impossible to keep up with nades there... not as bad as brinstar at least.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Also I'd still like to try those someday Mr. Doom but still no luck getting my PC running, and I ran into some problems trying to install Windows on my Mac a few weeks ago. If you could mod the game files so that they could run on a Mac and send me the game along with your levels I'd be more than happy to play them, but I don't know if that would be possible and otherwise it's looking grim.

:034:
Um, I believe you'll have to compile the executable file on your Mac. I found an interesting read on how to do that, but I wouldn't know since I know little about Macs.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_ZDoom_on_Mac_OS_X

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
watkins mains MK now.

I yell Go back to Ike!

lolol as we saw, I'm clearly not really an MK main yet. My MK does fine normally, though he does have a lot to learn, but against other pro MKs or in this case MikeHaze it just gets embarassed. We don't have good MKs in New England :<. I did well Chibo and Vex with it though and was winning against Lain's D3 (not IC's, sorta sandbaggage) until I SD'd at like 30%, so I'm really trying to make good progress on a character I just picked up to combat Ike's brutal matcuhps.

But yeah, my Ike did really well in doubles for sure especially against mikehaze. He would have been great in singles too if I had had a little more bracket luck... going against Lain then Dojo almost right after who clearly knows how to handle a good Ike was rough, but I'm not upset about it because it shows me what I'll have to work on to improve myself.

I learned quite a bit from watching San though, youtube really doesn't do him justice. He's clearly a lot more ****. And then as if just to clear the question of his legitness and the misconception that he only placed high because he wasn't going against any solid meta knights, he goes and beats Judge.

Pro stuff san, glad I could see it happen!

Edit: Dear Nidtendofreak, my Ike is indeed good. Ask San, he watched me some. Am I as good as him? No way, but he showed me a few things I wasn't doing or not doing correctly and as a result I'm going to get even better. I am very confident in my abilities. I don't consider losing to Lain's D3 degrading at all, he's a great player who was on top of his game and as such my chances of winning in a matchup I had little experience in when I'm still a newbie to big tournaments and adapting to new matchups were lessened even further. But I have that experience now. No johns.

But honestly, low tier mains almost always have to have some sort of self-confidence. It's what keeps us playing the character. Not all of us are so unquestionably pro that we can afford the modesty San has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom