• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Um, I believe you'll have to compile the executable file on your Mac. I found an interesting read on how to do that, but I wouldn't know since I know little about Macs.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_ZDoom_on_Mac_OS_X
Hmm, I'm very interested. It sounds easy enough to do and it looks like they provide all the files right there too. What exactly is ZDoom though? Would I be able to play the original game and/or Doom 2 and/or your modded levels?

Edit: Lol RedX, nice.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
If I haven't said it yet: Congratulations, San. You are amazing. If you ever have a portrait commissioned I will heavily consider hanging it in my future mansion.

And on another note:
Niddo, do you think you can handle some of the fools in the tier list topic? I feel as if my blood pressure is approaching yours when I read the ignorance. "Naw man, both Ike and Mario are low tier. Look! The topic we're in says so!"

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm trying to avoid a seizure myself.

Some people are simply too ignorant. They go: "No...NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

To which we must reply: "Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

Followed by the eventual: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" *sob*'

Though, it would help if even more Ikes flooded the topic and laughed at the idea of Ike and Mario being on a similar level currently. Be all like: "Nobody expects the Ike inquisition!"

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If it makes you guys feel better, I 2or3stocked Boss' Mario and Weegee when we played in the hotel room (he roomed with us this mlg)

lol i know it was very late/people were tired though. Sry Boss

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So San, are you gonna be coming down to Dallas again for MLG? Me and Mr. Doom are gonna have to carry the torch somehow without you if you don't show.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
If you win, Bored, and later have a portrait commissioned then I offer it a spot in my probable future mansion as well.

Offer applies to all Ike at all MLGs. This year only.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think my first days of next semester are during that weekend.. So probably not :(

You guys can probably beat me in basketball nowadays anyways. I haven't played in FOREVER. My basketball hoop at home hasn't even been set up in over a year.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
People always party on "back to school" weekend.

San, I just got back into hoops a few months ago, I've lost so much from high school, that it's kinda depressing.

I can almost dunk though :D

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So San, are you gonna be coming down to Dallas again for MLG? Me and Mr. Doom are gonna have to carry the torch somehow without you if you don't show.
Nah, nah. Me and my don't-play-for-months-at-a-time self will be carryin' that torch. HARD carry.
I think my first days of next semester are during that weekend.. So probably not :(
You scared you'll be sleepy for syllabus overview?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its impossible for boss to have sleep johns, he slept like 4hours that entire weekend and played jsut fine, beat 3 ICs in a row.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ahh...Chuee is so entertaining. Where was he like six months ago when I could have used some humor in that topic?

And basketball sucks. Being 5'7"-5.8" + short jump height = :(

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ahh...Chuee is so entertaining. Where was he like six months ago when I could have used some humor in that topic?

And basketball sucks. Being 5'7"-5.8" + short jump height = :(
Chuee is a one man army for the cause of Lucas. Unfortunately, he is not winning.

As for the basketball issue, you can easily work to fix your jump height, mainly by working on distance and vertical practice jumps, as well as just building your legs in general. And if my spam folder is to be believed, increasing height (as well as other things...) is just an email away! As is my Nigerian princess with lots of money.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lol, I have no muscle strength at all. I weigh 125 pounds.

And I'm hearing my own PT argument being used as to why Ike/Ness/ZSS shouldn't rise! Oh happy day! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm delirious with happiness now! :D Now they are all officially hypocrites!

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@Chuee, it's not really you specifically.

The PT raging lasted quite a few months IIRC

TBQH, I don't really care of positioning too much cause my region doesn't even do low tier tourneys anyways. Low tier tourneys exposes Ike to a more variety of players and give the mains more of a reason to use him, so I'm still fine with him being low tier if it helps other people lool.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I seriously don't care about Ike being in low tier. Whatever. Just better when you beat someone. And you can play in LT tourneys with your main. Hooray.

Edit: San, go to MLG Dallas.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
because i've been away so i haventy been able to say: good stuff san, i was like, 'how the hell did he pull that off?' when you beat richbrown, youre probably a ton better, but the matchup...ugh its mental.

anyway, the tier list thing, i thin kthe japanese have got it spot on, he's near the bottom of low tier, sitting next to shiek i think, same as he was in america's first tier list, but of course i'm gonig to agree there, england plays more like japan than america (more offensive)
but you know, i dont care much for tiers, if i did i'd be another mk using *** wouldnt i? its a lot mroe fun when you 2/3 stock som eone using ike, and regardless of how good you may be in comparison to them, everyone will always mock them for losing to low tier...unless its san, his ike is top tier XD

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hmm, I'm very interested. It sounds easy enough to do and it looks like they provide all the files right there too. What exactly is ZDoom though? Would I be able to play the original game and/or Doom 2 and/or your modded levels?

:034:
ZDoom is a source port which has added full support for commonly-used Boom additions like Heretic, Hexen, Strife, and Chex Quest. It basically enhances your gaming experience with those really old games. If you really want to know about it, check it here.

If you completed the steps to be able to run ZDoom on your mac, then I believe all you need is the zdoom executable file, a copy of Doom 2, and a copy of my modded doom levels.

Meh, things would be so easier if you were running windows, cuz all you'd need to do is download those files, unzip the contents of ZDoom, drag the MisterDoom.zip onto ZDoom.exe, and then you'd be set. (You'd also need to put Doom2.WAD in the same directory as ZDoom.)

Hiding in the shadows is what I tend to do. I try not to be the guy who plays the important role, but perhaps the supporting role. Just give me the mks, and I'll try to send them all to losers bracket. Even M2K.

I also wanna see Mr. Doom play San 1 on 1 in bball. I'll record it and insert Wombo Combo audio.
...I don't play bball... I'll play mini-golf, though, but I haven't touched a putt in a long time.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Laser Tag? Fudge. I forgot all about that stuff. Yeah, I agree with Niddo.
Laser tag is where it's at. :D

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
I have my english exam tomorrow ._. It's an oral exam, do you have any piece of advice for me ? ^^

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, golf? i do golf, but i'm sorta crap now, got teh dartitis in putting now i cant even move the ****ed putter when i want to(mental blocks are wierd things)
laser tag? can't aim
ill do rugby though, only 6ft but is made out of pure bone density (no joke, not fat, not muscular anywhere unless you include my legs, which are massive)but weighs 16st, get it son) and jsut run people over with my uber sense bones XP

or i suppose in your case, it would be american football is where its at...completely different games, but whatever

also im slightly interested in this thing mr.doom is doing, what does one have to do?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Uh, what do you mean by this thing Mr. Doom is doing? What is it that I'm doing that makes you interested? I'd like to know.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I have my english exam tomorrow ._. It's an oral exam, do you have any piece of advice for me ? ^^
When I took my Japanese oral exam a few days ago I got docked points for nodding my head instead of saying "yes" in Japanese. I'll assume the same thing applies in English!

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Laser tag is awesome. Though I would prefer paintball.

@bladeboys: Not many people actually speak proper English. I took a French Regents speaking exam. All I did was remember what words to use in what way. For example, when the topic was talking about the first day of school, I had to use words that would have something to do with buying books. Doubt I could help much anyway, but good luck!

EDIT: I have a question about momentum canceling. Over at the video critique thread, San said:

tl;dr: Momentum cancel any aerial you want.. Just not with dair
So when I played against my friend and momentum canceled by using Fair is a good thing right? Just in case it might be important, I used C-Stick and it was set to smash cause I want to try SDI like Mr. Doom (no where near that though). Just want to know how well I play.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think San meant that D-air isn't as effective as B-air. D-air works, but not to the extent of B-air.

Also, doesn't the frame data infer that all of Ike's aerials have roughly the same amount of frames? Could there be something else to momentum canceling?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
the only thing i can think of is because bair comes out the fastest

I thought of other moves, and well.. its those characters fastest moves too like Pikachu's and MK's uair and Marth's fair

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hm, I kind of doubt it. I tried mometum canceling with dair and other aerials like 20-30 times each, consistently dying with dair, while other aerials I consistently survived (and I was DIing the same way each time)

Even if you use fair or up air, from what I tested (you can test this out for yourself, too) they're just about the same as bair. I think you're right bored with the frame data. That's why I was pretty much shocked when I was dying earlier with dair.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can you help test this, Kirk? All I could do was try to survive against snake uptilt, but I really can't use data or anything like that, so I really cannot prove anything, lol.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
San, are you fast falling Dairs, or are you just hitting the Cstick down without no fast fall input? Tilt stick doesn't fast fall but I'm sure you know this, maybe you probably forgot. But I don't understand why any aerial except Dair would be better for survivability. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom