• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Is it normal to get little red dots on your arm after donating blood? I asked a friend and he said he'd seen it before, but nobody else had an answer.

If they gave me hepatitis, tetanus, and AIDS, I'm going to be like...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay guys, just got back, it turns out dressing up as ike at conventions gets you fangirl *****es, its all fine and dandy till someone calls you marth...
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

yeah anyway, i placed 4th overall, losing to the 1st and 2nd place, sadly there was a lot of moves, i was about to commit suicide when someone tried to lecture me on how to use ike, apparently i was jumping too low and used a tenth of the smashes im supposed to (i used 3 smashes per game roughly (all u-smash)) and that my f-smash is broken and should be spammed. i know we're all n00bs at some point, but honestly...

placments:
1st wilz(mk)
2nd p-3(Zss)
3rd killajaws (samus)
4th G.P (ike)

as you can see...we're pretty much top tier for having low tier mains XD

i would ask what havei missed, but im gonig to a smashfest in about 2 hours, so ill ask in about 3 days, bye.

oh plus i got a kirby plushie...its amazing, i almost fangirl'd at it

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
okay guys, just got back, it turns out dressing up as ike at conventions gets you fangirl *****es, its all fine and dandy till someone calls you marth...
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

yeah anyway, i placed 4th overall, losing to the 1st and 2nd place, sadly there was a lot of moves, i was about to commit suicide when someone tried to lecture me on how to use ike, apparently i was jumping too low and used a tenth of the smashes im supposed to (i used 3 smashes per game roughly (all u-smash)) and that my f-smash is broken and should be spammed. i know we're all n00bs at some point, but honestly...

placments:
1st wilz(mk)
2nd p-3(Zss)
3rd killajaws (samus)
4th G.P (ike)

i would ask what havei missed, but im gonig to a smashfest in about 2 hours, so ill ask in about 3 days, bye.

lol how do marth and ike look the same? xD and congrats on placing

metroid1117

Smash Master
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

placments:
1st wilz(mk)
2nd p-3(Zss)
3rd killajaws (samus)
4th G.P (ike)

Very nice job placing, it's sort of funny that someone tried lecturing you :laugh:.

Is it normal to get little red dots on your arm after donating blood? I asked a friend and he said he'd seen it before, but nobody else had an answer.

I donate blood fairly frequently, I've never had those red dots before; you might want to check that out.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

It probably isn't one of those three but if they re-used a needle to take blood from you and you can prove it with whatever those red dots are (obviously you'd have to prove it's a disease of some kind), you could sue them for a lot of money because it's absolutely illegal for them to re-use needles with that kind of stuff. Same as getting tattoos.

It's no consolation if it turns out to be a fatal disease, lol. I'm an optimistic person though and if it's just some red dots on your arm it's probably nothing serious. If you had red dots starting on both hands accompanied by a sharp headache and stiff neck, you'd probably have a type of septicemia, but that would kill you in like 3 hours so... most likely not the case.

placments:
1st wilz(mk)
2nd p-3(Zss)
3rd killajaws (samus)
4th G.P (ike)
Good stuff, way to rep Ike. I love how it doesn't matter what tournament it is or what other characters place high, an MK main/user is always first and/or second. If there are any vids recorded put em up in the critique thread so I can give a non-n00b opinion on your Ike.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
This place has no topic, haha. Talk about whatever you want.

Although I've never given blood (those who need it will get no sympathy from me!) those red dots sound somewhat worrisome. To make sure you didn't suddenly get superpowers, though, try to do a bunch of weird Spiderman poses first. You might have gotten lucky.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brett wishes he could have some of my Awesome Cells. They totally own any infections that come into my body. I'm the cure to cancer and AIDS. True story.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
This place has no topic, haha. Talk about whatever you want.

Although I've never given blood (those who need it will get no sympathy from me!) those red dots sound somewhat worrisome. To make sure you didn't suddenly get superpowers, though, try to do a bunch of weird Spiderman poses first. You might have gotten lucky.
haha oops :p i forgot

Palpi

Smash Hero
Hey guys, you should totally listen to my band!! I would say the one song that is up could be considered epic progressive metal...so if you like metal/rock/other stuff.... listen!!

www.myspace.com/halloflor

i am palpi of lor!! (I am lead vocals, melomanical is drums...the rest arent on smashboards)

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I've played F-Zero GX at a friend's house. I am astronomically bad at all sorts of racing games. Actual racing games, that is, I don't blow at Mario Kart / Kirby Air Ride.

I was contemplating borrowing F-Zero GX from said friend in an attempt to stop sucking at an entire genre of gaming but then college happened and all I play nowadays is Street Fighter and Smash. Or rather I 'play' Street Fighter because it consists of me picking up the fight stick and pretending I know exactly what I am doing.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I've played F-Zero GX at a friend's house. I am astronomically bad at all sorts of racing games. Actual racing games, that is, I don't blow at Mario Kart / Kirby Air Ride.

I was contemplating borrowing F-Zero GX from said friend in an attempt to stop sucking at an entire genre of gaming but then college happened and all I play nowadays is Street Fighter and Smash. Or rather I 'play' Street Fighter because it consists of me picking up the fight stick and pretending I know exactly what I am doing.
Honestly it was a good game. Had a lot of fun playing it, but that was back when i had a Gamecube

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
So, um, since we can't stay on one topic, is Ike's FE games worth getting? I was thinking of giving them a spin...as well as Final Fantasy (which one is worth getting to start off on) I'm deprived because I've played neither series thus far.

Edit: and this is a little random, but does anyone know a free video editing software that is compatible with VOB files? (like from capture cards)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if you like chess and love to get screwed over by numbers fire emblem is the game for you!

Fire Emblem is a tactical RPG. It's like a war game except limited units that kick *** harder than the enemy but you are severely out numbered.... (of course bosses are still stronger) Radiant Dawn is the hardest FE, though actually I find FE7 Hector hard mode tougher...

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
if you like chess and love to get screwed over by numbers fire emblem is the game for you!

Fire Emblem is a tactical RPG. It's like a war game except limited units that kick *** harder than the enemy but you are severely out numbered.... (of course bosses are still stronger) Radiant Dawn is the hardest FE, though actually I find FE7 Hector hard mode tougher...
Well, yes I like chess but I was never any good at it, and I'm good with numbers as I long as I understand what I'm doing. So I suppose FE is gonna require a little learning to get used to I suppose. ^^

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Golden-Psycho, like I can see you're from europe. I'm planning to do an EU Ike Compilation if you didn't saw the thread I made :p do you wants to get in?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I have F-Zero GX.

Such a fun game...but also very unforgiving. >_< I think I've beaten every cup on the hardest difficulty setting but the last one. It wasn't easy unlocking the last two either...and this is all without snaking. I often end up destroying half of the other racers, and boosting like a mad man.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
My order of recommended Fire Emblems (if you have never played an FE game before) would be:

FE7 -> FE6 (FE6 is slightly worse than FE7, but they're in the same world so you may as well play them as a whole)

FE9 -> FE10 (FE10 is, again, slightly worse than FE9 (imo) but you may as well play them as a whole)

FE8 (this is a standalone game that isn't too bad but I'm not fond of it)

FE1DS (if you can stand what is possibly the most basic story to be released in the last 2 years)

That's it for the ones that have 100% full English translations.

I've played enough of Fire Emblem where I know the GBA games pretty much like the back of my hand. The only thing I'm NOT going to do is engage in forum discussions over which character is better than another...in a single player game. I try not to do it in multiplayer games either but sometimes I can't restrain myself.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
FE6 wasn't released in NA. If you're going by ROMs, other ones have basically full translations as well. And then there is the fact FE3DS is coming out eventually.

For just how fun they are out of what I have played: FE7 > FE9 = FE10 > FE8
Storyline: FE9 => FE7 > FE8 > FE10
How difficult the games are: FE7 > FE10 > FE9 > FE8
Overall: FE7 > FE9 > FE10 > FE8

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So, um, since we can't stay on one topic, is Ike's FE games worth getting? I was thinking of giving them a spin...as well as Final Fantasy (which one is worth getting to start off on) I'm deprived because I've played neither series thus far.

Edit: and this is a little random, but does anyone know a free video editing software that is compatible with VOB files? (like from capture cards)
I'm gonna support the Final Fantasy part of this argument since this thread has so many FE homers. First off, what consoles do you have or are you planning to use emulation?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I have beaten F-Zero GX several times on Master Difficulty with Captain Falcon, but I'd like to do a 500 point no attack no miss run. I already have the first 3 cups completed.

Out of all the Fire Emblem games I've played, I believe Radiant Dawn had the darkest atmosphere out of all of them. It was also the hardest game in my opinion.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
when I sa numbers screw you over, take this as the worst:

missing at 99% hit to be critical hitted at 1% hit and 1% crit and dying (you cannot revive)

though more realistaclly, miss at 87% hit and get crit at 3% crit with 13% hit actually happened to me

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Pah, I'm used to numbers screwing me over. This has happened in EVERY rpg game I have played, Pokémon being the most notorious.

Shall I share my story while someone plays the violin? Ok, so I was at the Battle Tower, doing a singles round vs the computer. We were both down to our last Pokémon, and a sandstorm was brewing. I had sent out a Garchomp (who had a brightpowder), and the foe sent out a Crawdaunt. I decided to let Garchomp take it out, but the Crawdaunt survived with red hp left. Crawdaunt uses Frustration, but misses. Basically, I had the match in the bag, so I could use any attack move and win. But, Crawdaunt's quick claw activates, it uses Guillotine, and it lands an OHKO on Garchomp. The game, I had lost it. So ********.
Oh yeah, if the cpu uses Double Team just once, I'm never going to hit it again. But if I use Double Team 6 times to max out evasion, the cpu will still hammer on me with low accuracy moves like Dynamic Punch and those OHKO moves.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pah, I'm used to numbers screwing me over. This has happened in EVERY rpg game I have played, Pokémon being the most notorious.

Shall I share my story while someone plays the violin? Ok, so I was at the Battle Tower, doing a singles round vs the computer. We were both down to our last Pokémon, and a sandstorm was brewing. I had sent out a Garchomp (who had a brightpowder), and the foe sent out a Crawdaunt. I decided to let Garchomp take it out, but the Crawdaunt survived with red hp left. Crawdaunt uses Frustration, but misses. Basically, I had the match in the bag, so I could use any attack move and win. But, Crawdaunt's quick claw activates, it uses Guillotine, and it lands an OHKO on Garchomp. The game, I had lost it. So ********.
Oh yeah, if the cpu uses Double Team just once, I'm never going to hit it again. But if I use Double Team 6 times to max out evasion, the cpu will still hammer on me with low accuracy moves like Dynamic Punch and those OHKO moves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSnR80kY0m0

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
this happeed to me last week:

doubles round 36

there is the final form of gilder (sp) and he's faster than all my pokes. He repeatedly gullotined 3 of my pokemon IN A ROW!! Bam goodbye Gallade, see ya Scizor, sleep tight metagross... and it was only my Gardevoir vs his entire team. Which I lost..

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The game, I had lost it.
You called me?

Oh and on FE. The 'numbers' that screw you over are the RNGs. What Ussi said about the critical and hit ratios are basically affected by these. And for getting the games, the ones with Ike are pretty good, and PoR stands to be my most favorite of the ones released here in the US. Difficulty wise, RD is pretty difficult, but I heard that Thracia 776 was the most difficult followed by 7's Hector HM. Pretty good tactical RPGs. Don't be afraid to try new things.

EDIT: "True Hit" on FE.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hector Hard Mode never really struck me as "difficult" or anything. My friend soloed it with Hector + Oswin (okay that's not a solo) before. Hard Mode in FE6 was pretty hard. If you were doing Roy only. Is that even possible, out of curiosity?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Well, I never tried HHM because I got too lazy with EHM. It's just what I heard/read. How about Thracia 776? Anyone have any experience on that game? And on the Roy solo thing, I really don't know since I've never played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom