• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
AiB being scrubby? No way.

There is a reason why Inui left Smashboards for AiB after all during his hissy fit (which was, in my opinion, not nearly long enough): the majority of the people there think the same way as him. As in: stupid, and often stuck in a 2008 mindset.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think Kwiz also got banned from that Ike group as well rofl. I don't remember any of his posts though, so I can't comment on what he was saying was right or wrong.

I think it's pretty obvious who is kicking everyone out. He has this "utopia" belief, and if anyone goes against him, they get the boot.

Edit: The only reason I'm hanging out on AiB is to try and motivate these guys to go offline. Ike players have had a good success rate from wifi to offline. 2 perfect examples are San and me. Red-X and Kimchi are some others. Hell, you could make the case that the wifi Ikes are more talented than the offline Ikes if you look at their point of origin.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
AiB is for blogs and loling at stupid posts

XquiZiTX8X

Smash Cadet
I got kicked out because I told them all of the Green Ike on the poll weren't good at all so I couldn't vote for any one of them. They still hold a grudge because they can't beat my ganon and ALWAYS want me to use Ike.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
I got kicked out because I told them all of the Green Ike on the poll weren't good at all so I couldn't vote for any one of them. They still hold a grudge because they can't beat my ganon and ALWAYS want me to use Ike.
Lol I'm saying. That AiB Ike group voting poll is pointless .

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I use red, blue, green, and beige Ike cause it's fun to switch colors

I'd laugh one "good" Ike did that to be best in all colors rofl

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
Lol yea I use textures so I use diff colors. But Red is my main color.

But yea I'm trying to play offline more. I do sometimes for the fun of it but I want to competively . I'm trying to find places.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I donated blood twice just to escape the classes I was in and because I wanted to. My first time, I almost vomited and the second time, my head felt slightly dizzy. I did like the cookies and apple juice I got :)
Another FPS game which I really liked was Timesplitters. Never played the first one though.
I have a very bad memory of this, that's why i dont wanna talk about it, so lets talk about something else

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I need a ride to go to tourneys so far (no car), because it cost so much for public transportation.

I just beat dragon quest v =)

I played dragon warrior iii, dragon quest v

Anyone experienced in the series know if I should play dragon quest iv or dragon quest vi?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I liked Dragon Quest VIII but didn't get far cause the disc was bad and game froze on me 15 hours into the game T_T (same spot always and can't avoid spot it's story required)

if the older ones are better, maybe I should try them..

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ah, I see Ussi. I'm just preparing myself for dragon quest IX. I heard good things about VIII, but also that it's very very long. Not sure I'm ready for that, yet. I also can't wait til Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 comes out.

By the way, with all these pivot moves like true pivot and other stuff discovered over the last couple years, anyone find any of that useful for Ike. It seems useful when I think about it, but doing things like that by command in the middle of a match, I'm not really sure.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
By the way, with all these pivot moves like true pivot and other stuff discovered over the last couple years, anyone find any of that useful for Ike. It seems useful when I think about it, but doing things like that by command in the middle of a match, I'm not really sure.
I honestly don't see where it would be necessary in the middle of a match, when you can turn around and Jab fast enough anyways. The true pivot stuff is fine for characters who have safe tilts and smashes but if the idea is to retreat and then pivot and attack... I dunno, seems if you're doing a defensive maneuver like that Ike would be better off retreating an aerial or just using Jabs.

Pivot grabbing is enough for me.

:034:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
For people who can get in my personal space really fast, yet still have options, are tough for me to deal with. I really only find it useful on paper as I can't think of many ways to get hit out of it, unless they were already on me in the first place, then there would be no reason to use a maneuver like that in the first place.

Thanks for the input. I never really gave stuff like that a second thought, and I doubt I'll attempt to seriously use it, because it doesn't appear to give any immediate results (because walking away seems to work around the same, yet leaves less room for error)

-RedX-

Smash Lord
True Pivot->Utilt with Snake is hilarious when it kills.
And something random with Ike's Utilt, I clanked with Zelda's projectile when it exploded behind me(Din's fire has a REALLY ******** hitbox behind it) while I still had the hitbox of Utilt out. I remained unharmed. ;O

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Because it's also under the properties of a B move, it probably clanks with at least as many attacks MK's glide attack clanks with.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
That's good to know, I don't really know too much about priority of other characters in relation to Ike. =/

And Ike v Zelda seems so sad since it seems like Ike just can Fair+Jab and win lol. But I want to play some really good Zeldas even though I probably won't find one in tourney.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes, it is. Sadly, I'm holding off on the green stars for now.I really want to play grandmaster galaxy for star 242. Too busy with dragon quest. I'll probably play IV, VII, and VIII, and wait for VI DS to come out. Dragon Quest IX is coming out early July.

I'm so surprised I got into this series. Every main character looks like Gohan and Trunks and Bulma(Dragonball) which is pretty cool, too.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Of course. Akira Toriyama.

The 'Dragon' in front of both Dragonball and Dragon Quest also help, lolol.

Dr. Agon am disappoint.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Rainbow road is sooo easy because the ball controls so well this game. I never understood people's problem with it.

And about grandmaster galaxy, I'm not talking about just beating it, I'm talking about the Perfect Run, man =D

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I feel like I play as Toon Link more than Ike now...

Whenever I switch back to Ike from Toon Link I always feel disappointed that B, >B and vB are not kick-*** projectiles and are instead mediocre melee specials.

I'd feel bad but I'm trying to convince myself that using Toon Link isn't me selling out. I can't stop using Ike though so my current scheme is to bring my Toon Link to a high level and bust him out game 1 and hopefully win on the spacious neutral stages. Then I play game 2 with whoever and then bust out the pocket Ike on Battlefield. Flawless strategy. Let's see how it works during the smashfest on Friday.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Rainbow road is sooo easy because the ball controls so well this game. I never understood people's problem with it.

And about grandmaster galaxy, I'm not talking about just beating it, I'm talking about the Perfect Run, man =D
You're doing a perfect run? It's really not that hard to beat. I dunno why people talked about it like it was M2K ****** a 5 year old in Brawl.

I do think the controls for the ball are good, but I'm not good at using them. I hate it. Since it controls similar to a pilot's joystick, it would be easier for me if there was a limit on how much down I could push it...but nothing is holding it back so meh lol.

Anyways, getting the green star and comet medal for me were gay. The stage stars were easy.

Edit: What do you mean by Perfect Run? I've heard two variations of it. One is you don't die the entire game, max out coins, star bits, get all 242 stars and beat your ghosts. The other I've heard is just getting all 242.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The Perfect Run was the name of the 242nd star, IIRC. I thought you got all 242 so you knew the name, my bad.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Meh, Grandmaster Galaxy was overrated. I found that Planet S, Rainbow Road level gayer.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts after the 242nd, cause the 242nd is the real level (I have yet to get all those stars though)

Yeah i should go to bed but I have nothing to do tomorrow because I beat DQ V and I only have a dentist appointment and late night smashfest =l

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i didnt like the flight controls for stars you had to glide to get. Died several times. Im not the type of person that waves the wii mote like an idiot, i tilt it in all directions

and people wonder how i play MH3 with the wii mote

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I play as Toon Link more than Ike now...

Whenever I switch back to Ike from Toon Link I always feel disappointed that B, >B and vB are not kick-*** projectiles and are instead mediocre melee specials.

I'd feel bad but I'm trying to convince myself that using Toon Link isn't me selling out. I can't stop using Ike though so my current scheme is to bring my Toon Link to a high level and bust him out game 1 and hopefully win on the spacious neutral stages. Then I play game 2 with whoever and then bust out the pocket Ike on Battlefield. Flawless strategy. Let's see how it works during the smashfest on Friday.
I really cant blame yea, and good luck at Smashfest

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to hear your thoughts after the 242nd, cause the 242nd is the real level (I have yet to get all those stars though)

Yeah i should go to bed but I have nothing to do tomorrow because I beat DQ V and I only have a dentist appointment and late night smashfest =l
GL @ the smashfest. we need to play again...i learned a few more tricks than before...that id like to try out...

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Me, San, and Light got a smashfest tomorrow Friday. Cool. ;O
Any streams? I know Bum is hosting a stream for his session tomorrow.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, just back from a smashfest, life is so hard isnt it? anime conventions and smashfests XD

Good stuff, way to rep Ike. I love how it doesn't matter what tournament it is or what other characters place high, an MK main/user is always first and/or second. If there are any vids recorded put em up in the critique thread so I can give a non-n00b opinion on your Ike.
cheers man, though to be honest, it was pretty much a n00b tournament and there was only like, 8 people who do the real smash scene there anyway, and all the n00bs called me cheap when i beat the meta (not the set, just one game) srsly, main a low tier and get no respect XD

also, the games werent saved because the wii wasn't hacked with unlimited replays, but ive got some games from the smashfest i went to, and theyll go on youtube at about sunday/monday.
of course im going to john in advance, they were done at about 3am last night and my dispraxia was 3-stocking me even more than usual, we got 4 wins for my opponent and 2 wins for me.

even more text wall...
i tried out that thnig with countering olimars pikmin this week, it worked very well on the first time i did it, because he didnt see it coming, i kill 4 pikmin (3 on me + one he was fairing with) and knocked him away, it evidently led to a pretty low percentage gimp and won me the game (that feeling was short lived XD) so it works, but like, once, just use to to your advantage for a surprise attack, because afterwards he was significantly lesss pikmin spamy to avoid the same happening again, which once again helped me out.

oh and also, i think pokmon stadium is ikes best counterpick stage (by this is mean best non-neutral stage) discuss.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Well, it's only for a couple hours cause we leave for MLG a little after midnight tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom