• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yes I am.

I'm too sloooooooooooooooow!

EDIT: Wait, Watkins was at MLG? Isn't he that Ike on AiB that keeps claiming he's good? Because he just got 2-0'd by Lain's D3.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I never heard Watkins claim he was good (though I don't hang out on AiB sooo..). Ryko did say something about him that complimented his skills as an Ike main. Don't remember what though. I wanna say it had something to do with Watkins being a good aggro Ike, but meh.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Getting 2-0ed by Lain's D3 is not exactly a sign that you aren't a good player, haha.

The lack of a live stream for MLG is quite disappointing.

metroid1117

Smash Master
EDIT: Wait, Watkins was at MLG? Isn't he that Ike on AiB that keeps claiming he's good? Because he just got 2-0'd by Lain's D3.
I haven't seen him play before, but in his defense, just saying that someone got 2-0'd doesn't describe how close (or not) the matches were. Also, Lain has had Ike practice against Kirk when he was active; it's a match-up that he should be comfortable with.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
those who placed 33rd and higher at orlando were seeded. So san was seeded as a 33-49 player. Those people are still complaining about brackets though can't help it when some people didn't go to orlando so they have to start out fresh and random.

Lain vs Ally happened round 3 yea :S

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I had San text me a few times. He's in round 4 winners. His most recent victory was ook, a really good DK who has had TONS of Ike exp from Kirk.
Sounding good so far, round 4 without any troubles. The question is how he'll be able to handle the players who use better characters. I'd say San is as good a player as anyone there, so it'll all come down to the character match-ups. I hope he gets to re-match Ally in winners and isn't plagued by recovery mess-ups, I honestly think he can beat Ally's Snake if he plays it right.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sounding good so far, round 4 without any troubles. The question is how he'll be able to handle the players who use better characters. I'd say San is as good a player as anyone there, so it'll all come down to the character match-ups. I hope he gets to re-match Ally in winners and isn't plagued by recovery mess-ups, I honestly think he can beat Ally's Snake if he plays it right.

Ally is known for epic sandbagging. He only plays at his best when he's coming from losers. I don't know if it's just a habit of his, or he just likes to torture people. In any case, San does have a chance to upset Ally, but a lot of people have come close, but haven't smoked the cigar. So even if San takes Ally last stock, game 3, a lot of other people have done that and you can only question if Ally was holding back.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
What would be the point of Ally saying?:
MLG: Other than the finals, of course, what was your most difficult match in Orlando?

Ally: San, the Ike player from New York, and probably Tyrant.
@_@

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ally this time got sleep though so it's gonna be tougher than last time.

I'm gonna be torn if San has to brawl Anther or ESAM

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Anther and ESAM are the two best Pikachu mains. They are both in winners too, anther is random seeded while ESAM is 4th seeded

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ah okay, I was gonna guess Pikachu but I thought maybe you just knew them and they mained someone else. Pikachu's a close match-up for Ike so if he was against one of them it'd be interesting to watch. Curse the lack of livestream.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
If they don't that would be huge in San's favor, not many players know what to do with a good Ike if it's their first time. That's assuming they end up playing, I haven't seen the bracket so I don't know if it's even plausible.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Unless ESAM played Ryo I'm gonna guess no... Unless Anther played Kirk (lol) I'm gonna say no too...

Neither of them have traveled much recently so i named the closest Ike main to them :S

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
We're not fast, we're simply in the right place at the right time. Just like Ike.

I had just gotten back from a 5 hour smash session when you JUST posted, haha.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Lain's D3 is not so good. I beat his D3.
I noticed that Watkins also uses MK, or so says the MLG board.
I 2-0'd Anther in pools at Kahoka Me Your Moves. That was a long time ago (and I doubt Anther will remember this), so I don't know if Anther has been working on the Ike-Pikachu Matchup.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i tend to find tha lack of low tier exp most people have lets me finish at least 5 places higher than i would do if they did have it, needless to say, if a certain mk main had any kind of ike exp, i wouldnt even have left the pools at my last national, but regardless, gogo san, kick sum ***

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
San better watch out, BBR is probably going to want to silence this event so they have their low tier money maker

EDIT: I'm calculating this but, since Meep lost to rich brown, San is against Rich Brown next.. @_@ shiiit olimar..

If he wins that then he's against Ally

Heartstring

Smash Legend
San better watch out, BBR is probably going to want to silence this event so they have their low tier money maker

EDIT: I'm calculating this but, since Meep lost to rich brown, San is against Rich Brown next.. @_@ shiiit olimar..

If he wins that then he's against Ally
fkn olimar, but then again its san, he can slap richbrown **** about i reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom