• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
sounds promising :) it'll be fun to play you and that ike.

D: seems like me and you are kinda in a similar boat here with the tourney issues :/ lol

oh and on a side note:
good luck to you all who are attending tournaments this week or the coming tourneys ahead of time :) i dont know most of you...but i wish you luck anyway xD make us proud o.o
Lol yea. But you have a better chance. I may be able to go to the tourneys in ohio or illinois though.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ashu's Library has been invaded by ninjas / AiB Ikes.

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Ashu's Library?

I hope people know where that's from.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
AiB Ikes are invading, that's what's happening.
someone isn't happy about new/wifi people.

oh and random topic switch, who do you think is ike's best possible doubles partner?
i've been teaming with a D3, but we suck at teaming together, simply enough. so i want to try teaming up with an olimar, with him flying about throwing **** everywhere and me stock tanking/killing from olimars throws. sound like a decent team?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
someone isn't happy about new/wifi people.

oh and random topic switch, who do you think is ike's best possible doubles partner?
i've been teaming with a D3, but we suck at teaming together, simply enough. so i want to try teaming up with an olimar, with him flying about throwing **** everywhere and me stock tanking/killing from olimars throws. sound like a decent team?
Olimar sucks in doubles. DDD can be good cause he can help Ike recover with Waddle D's and B-air. Also DDD D-Throw to Ike spike off stage. Other good partners are G&W, and MK. Personally, I like partners that can bail me out if I can't recover or partners that can rack up the damage or give good set ups.

Also, I am partially responsible for getting some AiB Ikes in here. I invited SmashKing.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
SK is one of the few actually good AiB Ikes... I can pretty much point out and list all the ones that are trash... I have played pretty much all of them.. unfortunately XD lol

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Ashu's Library has been invaded by ninjas / AiB Ikes.

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Ashu's Library?

I hope people know where that's from.
lololololol

I c wut u did thar

I'm getting back into Smash in a few weeks when my exams are over so I thought I'd hit up the Ike boards again looking for any new info. Only to see that there are pretty much only sticked threads. Who cleaned this place up? Umbreon?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Also, sorry i haven't been around, computer getting windows reinstalled due to virus DX... I had no idea how many AiB Ikes are here, its rediculous.. Lmao, also reading Nykes thing on tilt stick I just wanna throw out there that holding down and jabbing with tilt stick is auto jab cancelling. Ike doubles tourney on AiB.. Me and SK gonna wreck that ****. XD Also Brett what tourney you going to for BBrawl and Brawl-!?!? I haven't been around to hear anything... soooo yeah. PM me or somethin..

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
GAH! AiB! IT'S EVERYWHERE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

AAAAAAAAA-screw it. Done shouting. Just clean up after yourself, make sure you're house trained, and quickly learn the differences between the two sites when it comes to posting. Other wise I rip off your arms and beat you over the head with them.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm getting back into Smash in a few weeks when my exams are over so I thought I'd hit up the Ike boards again looking for any new info. Only to see that there are pretty much only sticked threads. Who cleaned this place up? Umbreon?
They're all still there, you just have to look beyond one month, nobody has posted in many regular threads in a long time.

:034:

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
What the deuce?? Niddo changed his avatar? Now I KNOW I've been gone too long.

@Nysyarc: Thanks for that.

So is there anything new with Ike? Like from the last 3 or so months?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah a while back something caused everyone's avatars to reset, and I think Niddo no longer had the file for his last one or something.

As for new Ike stuff... there really haven't been any big finds or anything. The closest thing to a new AT that's been brought up was when Bored trolled some new guy about Jab -> Bair being guaranteed now.

Also I just tried that 'auto' Jab canceling, and it seems kind of useless to me. It's too easy to accidentally use a Tilt when you're resetting and tapping the C-stick over and over like that, and when you can time Jab cancels anyways it's kind of pointless.

:034:

dashmyoku

Smash Cadet
Oh! I know something that's new! Nair is the number 1 cause of lag deaths on Wifi.

...Waaaaaait, that isn't new. Actually, the only thing that could be remotely new-ish is that Nair has a very touchy spike window. I know...because I've pulled it off by accident one time. Even then, that probably isn't any news either. >.>

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry it hasn't been :p
Which reminds me....

While playing a match on battlefield, i did something very strange. Maybe this has been discovered? While playing a match, i landed on the ground, I believe after a n air, and after did a up-smash, sliding halfway across the field! did this glitch or something or what? i dont remember exactly what i did to do this, but if any1 knows please tell me

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry it hasn't been :p
Which reminds me....

While playing a match on battlefield, i did something very strange. Maybe this has been discovered? While playing a match, i landed on the ground, I believe after a n air, and after did a up-smash, sliding halfway across the field! did this glitch or something or what? i dont remember exactly what i did to do this, but if any1 knows please tell me
Its been since January so sorry i dont exactly remember :p :p

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know about the avatar reset.

So Ike really hasn't changed much (if any at all) since like December then.. great -_-

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
For something new with Ike:

Do the Slide Draw (or Counter Draw, whatever you wish to call it) and then make the counter a B Reverse one instead of a regular Counter.

You will slide backwards.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
All I found were stage specific stuff (stage control) and many things off of platforms.

Found a lot of fun stuff to do on japes and slants as well.

I've really just been working on stage-specific and character-specific things.

By this point, the rest of the "ATs" we find are generally going to be useless, so might as well work on things that matter like how to play stages correctly and general spacing methods.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brett, I probably won't show up to that BBrawl tourny until later when some set ups become available for vBrawl. Just text me when that happens.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Have a link to that?
Certainly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGpYJaaLTFU

By this point, the rest of the "ATs" we find are generally going to be useless, so might as well work on things that matter like how to play stages correctly and general spacing methods.
I also believe that 90% of all the ATs left to find will be essentially useless in the long run. However, for the sake of research, I feel it improper to disregard the use of the ATs that we find and also to stop searching for new ways to use moves and tactics.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Brett, I probably won't show up to that BBrawl tourny until later when some set ups become available for vBrawl. Just text me when that happens.
Sure thing.
Certainly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGpYJaaLTFU

I also believe that 90% of all the ATs left to find will be essentially useless in the long run. However, for the sake of research, I feel it improper to disregard the use of the ATs that we find and also to stop searching for new ways to use moves and tactics.
Do you guys know about double-B reversals? I found it by accident, and apparently a few other people from Dallas know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom