• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Bored, I have 120 stars. I just don't feel like doing the green stars at the moment, or at least at the same pace as the other stars. I'll save that for playing bit by bit to last me a little while instead of just plowing through all of the levels.

Yeah, lots of them are at least mid-skill with a decent amount of character-specific knowledge. I think most of them just have little to no tourney experience, though.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
San, now that you're done with Super Mario Galaxy, be my guinea pig and play my modded doom levels. Everyone else is welcome to trying them out, too.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
**** San! Did you do an all nighter with that game? I've had that game since Friday and only have 83 stars. Probably get in a few hours a day though.

I mean, I think those guys are cool and all, but it annoys the hell out of me when someone assume they are the ****. I'm not accusing anyone, but I've had that happen to me in the past. I've told Smash King to get out and go to some tournies though. He has potential along with some others.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nah, I only played a couple hours (worth of gameplay) a day. I got the game on Sunday Lots of times I just left the game paused or something.

Some comet stars were pretty challenging.

About guys thinking they are the ****, it's just logical because they haven't really played many skilled opponents who can just outplay them yet. As long as they don't bawww or any other type of poor attitude when you win, and they're responsive to tips, that kind of thing's alright good to me.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I thought I was pretty good until I went to my first tournament and pretty much got my *** handed to me by almost everyone I played. They were all very solid players but it was clear they were just outplaying me.

Online gives you a sort of false impression on your actual skill level. Sort of like playing through tinted glasses, I suppose.

I've stepped it up since then (this was like half a year ago) but thanks to that one solid series of beatings the thought that I am anywhere near "the ****" has never crossed my mind again. Pretty thankful for that. It has allowed me to improve my playstyle instead of ruining my mindset.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I thought I was the best Ike player alive before I went to my first local tourney. Needless to say I got humbled pretty fast, since my playstyle back then consisted of rolling, Fair straight into shields and Fsmash to try and punish everything.

I got humbled further upon joining SWF. I'm more proud of my knowledge of the game and of Ike than I am of my ability to play the game/Ike. Kind of like Niddo I guess, we canucks are similar.

Side Note: I've been using the attack stick to jab after doing a pivot, like if I have to turn around fast to re-jab or after landing or after ending a dash. Just for the first jab immediately after pivoting, and then I either cancel and jab with A or just follow through with the three hits.

Other than a few accidental Dtilts on the c-stick input at first, I haven't ever accidentally buffered a DA or an Ftilt while doing it this way, which I used to have a problem with. Just throwing it out there as an option for people who use attack stick and are comfortable using Nair with it, I think it can also be a good tool for jabs under certain circumstances, because for whatever reason it seems to behave differently than the A button.

:034:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@Nysyarc: yeah, the buffered pivot jab with cstick is pretty useful. Buffering it after fastfalling off a platform (or fastfalling in general) is so fast. For me it only works when I buffer it ahead of time. Too hard for me to do on reaction that easily.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I never thought I was good. Even until now because I always want that bar set high. Idk if it's a good thing or not. lol

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I hope to be as good as I can. When my school held a tourney, some of my friends we're calling each other out and thinking they're hot stuff, and all I went there for was to play people other than my brother. Don't know how, but managed to be champ. Though I don't think that would count towards my skill level. Especially the one held this year. Filled with FFAs since we had too many participants and so little time. FFAs are not good for me.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Well, one way to boost your ratings is by attending big tourneys. What tourneys have you participated in? I'm curious.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
:( sigh...why do i feel like an underdog or something?
You're not the only one. I'm planning on entering the Animazement tourney when I get there. Can't wait to finally play Brawl after a while.

EDIT: I've just realized that I can't make it to Animzement's Brawl tourney. :( Hopefully they have some Wiis set up for friendlies.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I've got a fairly large local tourney coming up this Saturday (30+ people, which is a huge deal around here). I'm aiming for top 5, and now that I know all the local players and how I stack up, I'm pretty certain that's achievable. I remember my first local tourney I was thinking I could take first place with only a bit of effort here and there. I'd be happy with 5th right now.

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
Well, one way to boost your ratings is by attending big tourneys. What tourneys have you participated in? I'm curious.
if its offline tourneys your asking me then...none :( i never been to an offline tourney before. its always been on my mind to attend at least one tourney though since some people tell me they think i have what it takes to place well, plus its a very fun experience and if you ask me, THAT is something i can definitly get into :)
but...the only issue im having with not making it to any tourneys in my area is that im still busy with school and other personal matters. my graduation is coming and summer is about to begin (could've already started lol) ...so hopefully this could be my chance to make an appearance to any local tourney and finally meet new faces :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well until then, you have very little credit. Unless you're like San, who's talent people could clearly see on wifi, then you're just gonna be considered another wifi Ike.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Don't get us wrong, "another WiFi Ike" isn't an insult. It's STEPPING STONE.

Empower yourself and rise up to the challenge.

etc etc

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
if its offline tourneys your asking me then...none :( i never been to an offline tourney before. its always been on my mind to attend at least one tourney though since some people tell me they think i have what it takes to place well, plus its a very fun experience and if you ask me, THAT is something i can definitly get into :)
but...the only issue im having with not making it to any tourneys in my area is that im still busy with school and other personal matters. my graduation is coming and summer is about to begin (could've already started lol) ...so hopefully this could be my chance to make an appearance to any local tourney and finally meet new faces :)
Try to find some local tourneys near where you live. There has top be some somewhere. Over the last year in Savannah, GA we have had actually had tourneys( somehow ). ive placed in all 3 tourneys, top 3, everytime with Ike, u just have to make a name for yourself

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The more you get involved with your local scene, meeting new people and getting to know a lot of them, chances are you'll want to attend more and more tourneys. I hear Illinois has plenty of nice tournaments, so I don't think you'll run short of opportunities if you are staying there.

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
Don't get us wrong, "another WiFi Ike" isn't an insult. It's STEPPING STONE.

Empower yourself and rise up to the challenge.

etc etc
i intend to do that :)
The more you get involved with your local scene, meeting new people and getting to know a lot of them, chances are you'll want to attend more and more tourneys. I hear Illinois has plenty of nice tournaments, so I don't think you'll run short of opportunities if you are staying there.
thats what i heard from akashi and meneil. trust me, i plan to make this work out somhow

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i intend to do that :)

thats what i heard from akashi and meneil. trust me, i plan to make this work out somhow
yeah, get to some offline tournament, the thing is once you get used to offline, youre NEVER gonna be able to play online again

my first offline tournament was in january, im still pretty new to the scene, the thing is though i can never tell how well people in the uk smash scene would do against the best people in USA...i'll probably go over to america after im done with college cause its guaranteed i'll still be playing then, ill find out how i do when it happens. but for now ill stick to being the only guy mad enough to use ike in the uk

extra side note: about counter agaisnt olimar, its never gonna be better than nair, its jsut to use as somethnig to throw oli off.

also, im going to an offline tournament this weekend, and im cosplaying as ike (its a tournament jonit with an anime convention) so wish me luck

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
also, im going to an offline tournament this weekend, and im cosplaying as ike (its a tournament jonit with an anime convention) so wish me luck
Good luck! Kimchi and other are also going to tourneys lol.

Btw, that'll be the perfect chance to update your avatar too =D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Good luck! Kimchi and other are also going to tourneys lol.

Btw, that'll be the perfect chance to update your avatar too =D
thanks, and oh yes very true. what sorta pose should i have?
already got it, i shall be jabbing my brother(my brother is going as ness)

seeing as other people also have tourneys, good luck to you guys too, if anyone wins then...well youre just amazing

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Wth, everybody going to a tourney this weekend. ._.
Maybe I should go to S.O.S. lol I haven't been to a tourney since late March....
But the **** fees for NYC tournies should really be lowered. >__>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I would love to attend some tourneys but there are absolutely none in my area. Its annoying..
search hard man.
not jsut here either, i found the uk brawl scene on AIB from a link on someones page, which linked it back to here, you never know when youll find it

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Side Note: I've been using the attack stick to jab after doing a pivot, like if I have to turn around fast to re-jab or after landing or after ending a dash. Just for the first jab immediately after pivoting, and then I either cancel and jab with A or just follow through with the three hits.

Other than a few accidental Dtilts on the c-stick input at first, I haven't ever accidentally buffered a DA or an Ftilt while doing it this way, which I used to have a problem with. Just throwing it out there as an option for people who use attack stick and are comfortable using Nair with it, I think it can also be a good tool for jabs under certain circumstances, because for whatever reason it seems to behave differently than the A button.

Wow, I have never tried that, and I'm surprised I haven't. Time to start, so I don't have to be scared of pushing the control stick too much every time I pivot.

I never thought I was good. Even until now because I always want that bar set high. Idk if it's a good thing or not. lol
I was the same way. I knew I was good compared to my friends who never played the game, but when I found people who said they played competitively, I was like, "I don't. I probably suck compared to you."

Also, Boredy Bored Bored. I'm going to the BBrawl tourney, but I'm not playing BBrawl. I'm playing the Brawl- side event, lol. I'll also be up for vBrawl friendlies.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
search hard man.
not jsut here either, i found the uk brawl scene on AIB from a link on someones page, which linked it back to here, you never know when youll find it
Yea ive been trying. Ive been looking everywhere and the only close ones I can find are like in Illinois and im not traveling way out there.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yea ive been trying. Ive been looking everywhere and the only close ones I can find are like in Illinois and im not traveling way out there.
well i would help, but i have no ide awaht is near to wisconsin, american geography aint important to me

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if you're interested in IL tournies, then you should check out this one. I'll probably be going, it would be cool to meet you in person and get in some friendlies.
sounds promising :) it'll be fun to play you and that ike.

I would love to attend some tourneys but there are absolutely none in my area. Its annoying..
D: seems like me and you are kinda in a similar boat here with the tourney issues :/ lol

oh and on a side note:
good luck to you all who are attending tournaments this week or the coming tourneys ahead of time :) i dont know most of you...but i wish you luck anyway xD make us proud o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom