• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Okay i have have a question about the match-up with Ike and Snake. At a local tournament, I basically punished Snake with Ike. More and more now I see Ike punish Snake in other matches, such as the match at Florida MLG like the match my bro told me about. Isn't Snake supposed to have a huge advantage over Ike? I honestly dont get it :p

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Jungle japes aether spike--> dair spike >>>> that vid (srsly only 2 clips?)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Actually SmashKing is probably around Brett level, tbqh.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Snake vs Ike is about a 6-4, depending on if snake knows how to properly harass ike in the times ike can't do anything about it. Otherwise I'd call it a fairly even match. It'll never be in ike's advantage but it can feel pretty even most of the time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hey guys, err, just catapulting back onto the topic of ike and his seemingly useless counter, ive been messing around with it a little particualrly against olimar (lets face it, we seriously need all teh help we can get on this matchup) and i dunno if you lot have figured this out yet, but unless he throws a purple pikmin at you, all of the other 3 types will NOT latch onto you during the frames before the initial counter frames start, so far pikmin are the only thing i can find that this works on

also when youre fighting your typical spammy olimar throwing his poor slaves at you you can use counter as a pretty good attack equilavent to quick draws damage, range and knockback (on average anyway, it changed depending on the pikmin that are latched onto you) with much less ending lag, so when the olimar actually decides he's gonig to jump in and hit you (the olimar i was practising this on is a pr'd olimar called l-cancel, and he generally tend to throw 2/3 pikmin and then f-air/smash/grab you) you can use counter as a decent GFTO move with invincibility frames on it because the pikmin pummel you, making counter activate, also unless its purple the attack is guaranteed to kill the pikmin thats latched on plus whatever others may also be headbutting you.

youve probably already discussed this at some point and i've missed it, but i think its worth mentioning, i doubt the move if going to become highly used in this matchup because of the prediction required for when they decide to jump in, but its probably good enough to use occasionally to disrupt the endless stream of spam that will be aimed at you. because it leaves you with little ending lag in a decent position to follow up, while olimar is off the floor, in hitstun (of course not for long, this is brawl after all) with only 3 or 4 pikmin (because youve killed a few with counter) of course he will want to replenish them back to 6 ASAP, meaning you can probably get another hit in while he's doing this.

also if its over the edge it makes edgeguarding a little easier,
enjoy the text wall

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not sure if I'm envisioning this correctly, but you're saying you counter the pikmin that are latched onto you, so when they pummel, the counter initiates? I guess that makes sense, and it could work against an Oli who was rushing in, only to be met my invincible frames. However, counter is pretty slow in general, so if you whiff the attack, you're screwed. I guess the idea is to not become too predictable with it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Not sure if I'm envisioning this correctly, but you're saying you counter the pikmin that are latched onto you, so when they pummel, the counter initiates? I guess that makes sense, and it could work against an Oli who was rushing in, only to be met my invincible frames. However, counter is pretty slow in general, so if you whiff the attack, you're screwed. I guess the idea is to not become too predictable with it.
yeah you got me right there, because the pikmin pummel pretty rapidly its will activate pretty fast, also its range is the same as ike's ftilt with a larged vertical hitbox too, of course, like you said, you cant be predictable with it

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I remember countering my bro's pikmin when Brawl was just released. Yeah, might be too predictable. If it's not purple, would taking damage while going in for an attack be advisable?(provided it's not too much damage.) I'm guessing a big "NO!" on that one.
Hmm... Oli's my secondary. Maybe I should practice him as well.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I believe receiving damage from the Pikmin latched onto you will freshen up Olimar's attacks. Also, be wary of the white Pikmin when it latches on you, for it will do 6% each attack.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You're still posting one liners. And bad grammar. "Don't you how mature?" for example. And you have yet to post anything useful. My points still stand, and will most likely they will always stand.

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
well it pretty much seems that everything i know about ike was already covered in these threads. well im not entirely sure about that but thats just me.

comboking

Smash Master
It's nice to know I can safely steal things from Walmart. Wow fired for stopping someone from stealing how stupid? Did the Illuminati plan this to? /Sarcasm

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
In terms of what? Skill? Is Brett level a good thing? I'm just curious since I have my own level.
In terms of style of play. Not skill, the way he played reminded me of you. It's on wifi, too, so can't really accurately measure skill. Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom