• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Mr. Doom, are you doing this consistently in all the matches you played or is this just like any montage, and just features your "finest" moments?

Light, happy birthday. Physics sucks.

Rest of you guys, screw you.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
idk, try it out. Dair was the worst for me to survive. I'm wondering if it's the same for anyone else.
good to know i use bair then!, ive taught myself to c-stick momentum cancel and fastfall with control stick, so im okay for DI at my standard.

also, thanks for the fox tips, it makes sense why i suck at fighting fox, i love to fight from underneath someone, looks like ill have to change it for fox TT_TT

also, happy b-day light.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Mr. Doom, are you doing this consistently in all the matches you played or is this just like any montage, and just features your "finest" moments?
My SDI is consistent, but those are the moments when my SDI is "fine." I'm trying to get to the point to where those "finest" moments are consistent.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Mr. Doom, do you SDI by trying to time hitting the control stick in a direction when you're hit, or do you rotate the control stick?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I try to time my hits. Attack-Stick takes away my SDI capabilities since I use both the c-stick and the control stick.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I see. Even if I have smash stick, I could never time double-sticking that well in the heat of a match :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Okay, so I never did confirm this. Mr. Doom, when you get hit by said attack, are you just holding the control stick (DI) in a given direction or are you tapping that along with the C-stick?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I could only see this as him timing both control stick and tapping Cstick at the same time, therefore getting 2 SDI inputs. There's no way he would be able to SDI single hit attacks like that otherwise that far. It just seemed more than 2 SDI inputs because I rarely see people SDI that far.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Well, i mean close enough so you get both inputs in lol, but separately gives me a better idea of what happens.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Tapping 2 sticks separately seems like the best way since it's input right after input.
I won't be having god SDI like that anytime soon since I'm committed to C-stick Nairs and all the benefits of a tilt stick. =/

comboking

Smash Master
Does anyone here know of any Japanese Ikes? Nice games in that tourney btw Red-X :). I was always one stock away from winning. Mr. Doom your DI is amazing.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The only opponents Selcia fought that I thought were good were the ones that beat him, haha.

Especially Kakera. What a good Ice Climbers player.

Though really, I think the Japanese Ike playstyle is really unique and decidedly more ground based than American Ikes.

Also, why is my name orange? Like the title, though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well I know as a lazy person I sometimes say *** but back in the 1950s that was used as an insult to Japanese people. Which is why it's censored

Also Japanese ikes play so unsafe I hate it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The only opponents Selcia fought that I thought were good were the ones that beat him, haha.

Especially Kakera. What a good Ice Climbers player.

Though really, I think the Japanese Ike playstyle is really unique and decidedly more ground based than American Ikes.

Also, why is my name orange? Like the title, though.
i think japanese ikes look more fun, not better, but moar fun

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I couldn't tell much difference between them and anyone else

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I personally think A is better than Selcia only because A plays a bit more safer and is willing to jab more.

Selcia has too much video footage than other Japanese Ikes. lol

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Both Ike players seem to use up their second jump fairly quickly when off-stage. Well, then again, people in my area are used to Ike recovering very low.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
A did a sexy bair at 3:23 and actually plays safer o-o me likely a little.

Now only if that bair on MK's SL worked at all angles :<... (someone go test it... >.>)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It only worked cause he was invincible at the time, Ussi. Even if it did (in general,not just on ledge), it would be tough to hit shuttle loop, because it would be extremely hard to react to, and the bair has too much end time to risk missing, unless you were pretty confident MK wouldn't be able to reach you afterwards.

That move took a lot of risk, because if the MK used any other recovery move or waiting a tiny bit later, he would have used his second jump and he would be in a rough spot. It was a nice read though, and since he was pretty close to losing, I understand why he would attempt the kill.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
A uses Quick Draw a lot. As a fan of that move, I approve. He used it pretty intelligently, to his credit.

On a side note, I've been using Peach a bit in friendlies and it is a lot more fun than I imagined it to be. I thought that spending 8 minutes running away from your opponent throwing vegetables would be bland. Don't knock something until you try it, I guess!

Why can't I have fun with a top tier? Or, more appropriately, why is Ike not top tier?
Loaded question. He actually is. o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
selcia rolls so much I don't even know what to make of it.

And does really ****ing boneheaded **** againt dedede's up B, that ****'s so free and he goofed every time.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Also Japanese ikes play so unsafe I hate it.
But you gotta take risks to win, sometimes. Also, you won't feel as uptight against higher tiers when you have a bit of a rash playstyle with Ike. =)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I go Falcon just for the lulz. I get all kinds of knees and stuff.

Way to be blunt, Yagami. Oh, crap. Bored might challenge you for Major Blunt status.

Ussi, do you know of any Pikachu-main by the name Stealth Raper? (Avoiding name-search lol)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
No, you won't feel uptight.

You'll feel depressed because you lost.
i sort of agree there...
but sort of don't, because switching between the two extremes can get you a really early surprise kill, once i was playing this pika (credit to hm by the way, after i did this he ****ed me up) i spent the first minute airdodging about being ultra defensive and landing the occasional jab, then suddenly threw out the fsmash because he got insanely offensive and jumped into it, it was cool, needless to say

speaknig of f-smash, if youve ever been lucky enough to land one during a competitive match, have you ever noticed that your opponent and spectators flinch when it hits? i looked around when i landed it and they had all flinched XD

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Guys, I'm having a hard time against a Diddy user. Here's what he does:

Camps forever with bananas - he has that tendency to glide toss forward and rush for either a grab or dash attack (depending on whether i trip, shield or spot-dodge). Heck I even got banana locked once. Also, you guys know about the ADHD defense? he's done that too but doesn't use it much.

Never approaches - not till he is playing aggro, which is rare.

Spaces with dtilt and rolls away - seriously, what do i do about this. that dtilt is fast and outspaces my jabs, and he's done shield and run-grab most of the time when I did a fair (for nair I have to get close, which works occasionally but I have gotten PS-grabbed, which I have come to loath a lot, and he rolls anyway after hitting me like 2-3 times so I can't really do much of an aerial). One thing that worked here for me was charging my QD so he jumps and i get away, but that's not really getting me anywhere is it?

Does SHbair when behind me - this is kinda occasional but regular nonetheless. his favorite time to use this seems when I'm at low percent and sent in air and he is at my lower back.

Offstage bairs when I recover low and my SA frames get over - this isn't consistent but really annoying. Not really much I can do here, seems everyone knows about Ike's trademark recovery and are finding ways to counter it.

These are his frequent moves against me. I really wish Ike B moves were less laggy, it would have helped so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom