• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Fixed. For added emphasis on truth, rather than aggression, of the assertion.
I think blunt was a well-chosen word. Of course, I could have said "frank," or maybe "direct."

As for the person with Diddy problems, I think someone else can explain how to handle them better than I can.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
i sort of agree there...
but sort of don't, because switching between the two extremes can get you a really early surprise kill, once i was playing this pika (credit to hm by the way, after i did this he ****ed me up) i spent the first minute airdodging about being ultra defensive and landing the occasional jab, then suddenly threw out the fsmash because he got insanely offensive and jumped into it, it was cool, needless to say

speaknig of f-smash, if youve ever been lucky enough to land one during a competitive match, have you ever noticed that your opponent and spectators flinch when it hits? i looked around when i landed it and they had all flinched XD
Highlighted key words. Fsmash is for hard reads, sir. It's not really a good idea to "throw it out."
Though I can attest to the fact that when you land an Fsmash, people flinch all around you. Or even if you get very close to landing the Fsmash.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its like the grossest move to get hit with in the game, its like ike is hitting your soul. its that painful, so yes people have adverse reactions to getting hit by that move.

as a person that only rarely plays Ike, the only advice I can give to the kid with the diddy issues is that when he glide tosses forward at you, dont take defensive actions. take offensive ones. The best defense is a good offense. so try to fair or nair him, it will beat his grabs and dash attack and it will catch the nanners.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Advice against Diddy. Don't attack Diddy when he's holding a banana. Wait for him to throw it. Powershield or Z-catch. When he tries following up, screw his world up. Ike > Diddy without bananas. Also, learn how to play with bananas really well. Basically, do a lot of fancy stuff with the Z button next time you play friendlies, and remember everything that works and what doesn't work.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ah shoot, I_nui(anti-name-searching) came back.

Suddenly, my interest in lurking the MetaKnight discussion topic in the Tactical Discussion has dropped to an all time low. -_- He's already back to trolling like the idiot he is. The mods in that topic should really do the site a favor and just permaban him already.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
learning to catch bananas with nair as a mixup also generally works.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I played a power ranked Diddy player today and the only reason I won the money match is because I decided that when I'm at 160% and he's at 40% my best option is probably a random forward smash.

Made me a bit sad though since afterwards he said that all Ike does is jab and wait for people to fall into the smashes. Well, not sad, exactly. More like I felt like the work I did was totally being undermined, though.

Speaking of that match-up, I feel like I have no control over what goes on. At all. Every other match-up in the game I feel as if I have some influence but here all I can do is try to get back on my feet from these bananas.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You shouldn't be sad, Light. When I hear johns, it actually makes me happier.

The best diddy I played so far was Felix, but it was only a friendly set at MLG.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I played Gnes in tourney a few months back and (thanks to Brinstar) took him to game 3. He said I had the match-up pretty well learned. Not calling myself a Diddy fighting master or anything, but I do think I understand the match-up pretty well.
BTW, I didn't do this, but I KNOW it works. Pick up Diddy for at least a week and learn tricksies with bananas. It'll make you better at fighting against Diddy.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Brett. It works, my best match up was diddy for 2 reason. My friend I played a million times a week was diddy, and I picked up diddy as a character to mess around with, but to learn.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I never did get that chance to play gnes. But I do get to practice against a couple of Diddy players every now and then. One's ultra aggressive. Have you ever heard of a Diddy going offstage most of the time? My matches against him are just ridiculous. It's a darn spike-fest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxZkOdGjbiw
And the other one is a more patient diddy player. I guess there are two sides to a coin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XDFovksz4

Brett, is gnes the aggressive type or the patient type?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I also recommend learning bananas for Ike. Spent around 30+ minutes a day for almost 2 weeks messing with bananas, and imo it was well worth it. I think Z dropping mixed with spaced aerials work well, instathrow extra bananas away or up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Made me a bit sad though since afterwards he said that all Ike does is jab and wait for people to fall into the smashes. Well, not sad, exactly. More like I felt like the work I did was totally being undermined, though.
well, in his defense jabs and making people airdodge/roll into up/f smash is a big part of ikes game.

But when people say that, it usually means that they really dont understand the character, or kept putting themselves in the same situation where your best option was the thing that they think is all you do. Either way, it means they need to get better.

Brett, is gnes the aggressive type or the patient type?

most high-level diddys are a lot like melee, they actually play really campy, but once they get the first hit in, they are really good at pushing their advantage correctly. Pushing forward when theres an opening, but falling back when needed as well.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I played a power ranked Diddy player today and the only reason I won the money match is because I decided that when I'm at 160% and he's at 40% my best option is probably a random forward smash.

Tell him to man up and not to create johns for running into the second slowest smash attack in the game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, the worst "John" someone can give is "I'm tired" or "I'm just off". However, if they really mean it, then I can understand. It never does feel good to beat a guy when they are off their game or aren't 100%. In fact, Light, if I were you, I wouldn't even use that as much of a confidence booster. Say if this guy was true to his statement, came back around the next day and kicked your ***, then that would shake your confidence. Personally, when someone tells me that, I just keep in mind when I play him the next time. If I beat him again, awesome, if I lose in a close match, still great, if I get *****, then I guess he was telling the truth.

I can relate to being off my game. Doesn't happen to me as much in Brawl as it happens to me in Basketball. I definitely do get pissed when I can't get a single shot to go on a bad day.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, basketball you never know when you'll have an off day. Just gotta be good enough so an off day is still pretty good anyways.

I can't help but use the I'm tired john. I usually don't say it after a match, usually before or not at all. Like, 90% of tourneys, when I get back, I just collapse and usually fall asleep. Even if I go to a smashfest or something like that afterwards, I usually just end up sitting there in the back in a daze or actually asleep, which sucks :(

And that's entirely different than games I just randomly don't feel like playing. That's when I gotta step myself up/get myself hyped up somehow.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't force yourself to play on off days. play as random or 2ndaries/3rderies. If anything, it'll knock the offness outta you or you just have fun learning/experiencing a different way of playing.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Gnes is really patient and really smart. But just as a good Diddy should, he rushes in and follows up when he gets a hit.

BTW, got 5th out of 15 in my tourney yesterday. Top 4 are Texas PR players.
1) MK
2) MK (beat me in winners)
3) DDD/Snake (beat me in losers)
4) G&W
5) Ike

Also--- there is a peacock chilling in my mom's front yard. In suburban, Dallas area Texas. I just don't know how to react to that.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Gnes is really patient and really smart. But just as a good Diddy should, he rushes in and follows up when he gets a hit.

BTW, got 5th out of 15 in my tourney yesterday. Top 4 are Texas PR players.
1) MK
2) MK (beat me in winners)
3) DDD/Snake (beat me in losers)
4) G&W
5) Ike

Also--- there is a peacock chilling in my mom's front yard. In suburban, Dallas area Texas. I just don't know how to react to that.
awesome, just slip the random low tier in there XP

a peacock? they are cool, leave the *******s be, srsly, if you decide to try and move the *******, it wont stop attacknig you untill it dies, peacocks fight ot the death, its ******* ********.

and to the johns thing, i used to use the lag john, but then i stopped playing wifi, so now my only john is actually a legitimate one, although it should never happen to anyone, but i actually occasionally miss a button -__-

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, those are the easiest because you barely have to win any matches, and you win like $100.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, those are the easiest because you barely have to win any matches, and you win like $100.
exactly, sadly theres nothing in england im capable of winning because its either a nationwide tourney or scrubfodder. and you wont win anything for scrub tourneys plus you feel guilty/ashamed

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just to warn you smash king, first impressions are everything.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You, me, kimchi, slaps, nysyarc, ???
Me. I would be annoyed by his first few posts if I didn't know him. Though I can't help but feel I am slightly annoyed anyways.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the ****. It's been a long time since I've gone for a 100% completion in a game. Plan to get it done for this game.

I have a mushroom.
Anything else Captain Obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom