• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In any case, the stage not to play at would be FD and maybe Yoshi's. Both stages give you little mobility for using aether, and you are prone to getting hit by aura sphere.

PS1, you can aether underneath the edge, move towards the corner, and grab it before SD'in yourself. That may help you dodging any aura sphere attacks.

A good question though is what do you do after you get hit by an aura sphere? Re-aether at a different point so you go higher or lower? QD back?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
if you go that low to recover with aether, the lucario can easily just jump over your head and dair you.
Or just straight up hog you. I see a low aether that has to edge snap without the option of a stage landing, and that ike dies. For that reason alone, ps1 might be your best option.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm pretty sure a lot of the Texas Ikes place pretty decently. It's not a single effort =D

Even when me, kirk, ren, etc weren't going to tournaments/using Ike in tournaments for a while late 2009, Ike was still pretty high up in tournament results on Ankoku's list.

Ikes like Benaji getting 4th at a local recently, and I see Mr. Doom springing up everywhere.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Wild Kirk appeared!

:( Was the experience at NK2 so horrible that it shocked you into not playing competitively anymore? jk We can fix that. Just play my modded Doom 2 levels. You'll appreciate Ike being a super boss on that game.

I would be happy, though, if someone ran through my modded doom 2 levels. PM me about 'em.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I haven't had fun in teams since then, Kirk. *sadface* I was reminded of this recently when a friend chose Ike in team friendlies against scrubs... and I told him to spam Aether with me.
You come to WHOBO, I buy you and San dinner. At a cheap fast food place.

And guys, when Lucario's charging an Fsmash, he won't be able to just cancel out of it and go to Dair you. And he's not quite fast enough to NOT predict what he's going to do. If he's going to try the Fsmash, you'll know it. And if not, when he goes for the Dair, he won't get all the way above you in time. It's not great, but it's not that awful to recover against Lucario.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Guys/Girls, are you sick of where your character ranks on the tier list? Do you want to do something about it but dont really know how? Check out this thread and help out!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9706679#post9706679

San, i believe you ALONE can make Ike go to mid tier and beyond.
San's not the only good Ike who can put results up on the board. I already know that I can shut people up and place. Our Texas Ikes certainly can do that and I know Ryo and Benaji are doing well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San's not the only good Ike who can put results up on the board. I already know that I can shut people up and place. Bored certainly can do that and I know Ryo and Benaji are doing well.
There's a lot of San hype for getting 9th in a tough region and all that. It's understandable to say that San would do the best out of all of us. However, getting consistent results like that from all of us is asking a lot.

And no offense to Ben, but getting 4th out of 14 is a bit shady unless the entire tourny consisted of big name players.

My best result would have to be getting 13th I believe at a MK legal Hobo out of roughly 60 people. But it hasn't been consistent.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
There's a lot of San hype for getting 9th in a tough region and all that. It's understandable to say that San would do the best out of all of us. However, getting consistent results like that from all of us is asking a lot.

And no offense to Ben, but getting 4th out of 14 is a bit shady unless the entire tourny consisted of big name players.

My best result would have to be getting 13th I believe at a MK legal Hobo out of roughly 60 people. But it hasn't been consistent.
I realize that. However, I'm saying that san won't be the only Ike who will be having good tournament results in the future. No offense to Xyro but I think it's kind of ignorant of him to simply say that san alone will move the character up. I'm fairly confident that most of us can contribute to the movement of the character with consistent placings as long as we practice or we don't have bad days. No person alone can move a character unless you're like Reflex and no one plays your character, which is clearly not the case for Ike.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i dont care who you are. If you can place high, please post in that thread. if you have videos(san/kirk/Bored/kimchi?) please post them too.

If you want ike higher on the tier list, i am pretty much the only one(other than inui) who can fight for you.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I put up a list in that topic, mainly because I agree that low tier is a freaking mess.

And lol @ the idea of Inui saying Ike needs to move up. He's probably arguing for Ike to be in bottom tier.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Posted in the MK discussion. I believe it's % of top 3? One number seems out of place =/

Lucario 0.014492754
ToonLink 0.014492754
MrGameWatch 0.017713366
ZeroSuitSamus 0.00805153
Kirby 0.014492754
Pikachu 0.019323671
DonkeyKong 0.01610306
ROB 0.019323671
Peach 0.012882448
Wolf 0.017713366
Luigi 0.011272142
Pit 0.00805153
Fox 0.006441224
Sonic 0.004830918
Ike 0.011272142
SheikZelda 0.006441224
Ness 0.004830918
PokémonTrainer 0.006441224
Link 0.004830918
Mario 0.006441224
Yoshi 0.003220612

theeboredone

Smash Legend
i dont care who you are. If you can place high, please post in that thread. if you have videos(san/kirk/Bored/kimchi?) please post them too.

If you want ike higher on the tier list, i am pretty much the only one(other than inui) who can fight for you.
Pshh, I want Ike in LT so I can win moneh. Plus it makes me more of a bamf when I beat people using higher tier characters. Unless Mid-Tier tournies become popular, I'm not gonna push for Ike to be Mid-Tier.

This should hint that I'm OBVIOUSLY throwing some matches to get some bad placings.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
lol bored. Texas LTs sound ****.

Unfortunately, upstate NY's melee seen is just as important at brawl, and our tourneys do both, so we never had time for a low tier tourney.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I don't think I've ever participated in a low tier tourney...I should try that out sometime.

Btw, quick question: anything amazingly extraordinary happen in Ike's metagame in the past 4-5 months or so? If so, do tell. :)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
lol bored. Texas LTs sound ****.

Unfortunately, upstate NY's melee seen is just as important at brawl, and our tourneys do both, so we never had time for a low tier tourney.
That's why you should attend WHOBO.
I don't think I've ever participated in a low tier tourney...I should try that out sometime.

Btw, quick question: anything amazingly extraordinary happen in Ike's metagame in the past 4-5 months or so? If so, do tell. :)
That's why you should attend WHOBO.

And no real improvements to the metagame. Because you and I haven't played together enough to prove how amazing Aether is.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Aether is a really 'good' move (in teams).

Aether is a really 'good' *situational* move in singles. It also has a TON of range thanks to the slide it does during start-up, actually. It has a bunch of uses that I won't get into because nobody actually wants to hear me state the obvious.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Aether is a really 'good' move (in teams).

Aether is a really 'good' *situational* move in singles. It also has a TON of range thanks to the slide it does during start-up, actually. It has a bunch of uses that I won't get into because nobody actually wants to hear me state the obvious.
Outside of the really really really obvious uses no one really utilizes the move regularly aside from myself and red-x because it's definitely a matter of huge risk vs only a decent reward. There are some characters you can hit for the full 22 aand still get smacked in response.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Outside of the really really really obvious uses no one really utilizes the move regularly aside from myself and red-x because it's definitely a matter of huge risk vs only a decent reward. There are some characters you can hit for the full 22 aand still get smacked in response.
It does carry a huge risk to it but in scenarios where you can pretty much make sure that they won't be able to punish you heavily if you botch the Aether (i.e. both of you are not on the ground and there are no platforms in sight) it's definitely a good move to keep handy, even if you don't necessarily use it. The fact that you can hit them with a "projectile" several characters high (one that is rather difficult to airdodge as well) is a fairly tempting prospect, even if you can be hit after doing the large amount of damage (for the record, I've been Uaired by a Meta Knight as I was attempting to Aethercide him, haha).

I have seen you use it to fairly good effect, Ryko, and from what I remember you use it carefully enough that you really don't place yourself in a very compromising situation if you miss or when it ends.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Is it me, or is there no sound for those videos? Hmm. I wish Ally had gone Snake against me. Oh well...

MLG seems to be involved with the Brawl Community, now.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol its been involved, i think it's a little more than that now

A good question though is what do you do after you get hit by an aura sphere? Re-aether at a different point so you go higher or lower? QD back?
It's late but i usually try and QD back on BF it work's nicely because you have 3 options the plat the stage of the ledge. Sometimes you can just land on the SV plat.

Me and bored at teaming for whobo LT it will be game breaking!!!! besides that nothing.

Also i'm putting your videos on my ipod san XD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There was a high chance he was going to air dodge.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
:( yea those uairs got you punished, he threw grenades into ike's aerials also as punishment..especially with aether

nice come back on battlefield LOL

where you trying to hit snake with a ff uair on battlefield? whats the reasoning for that?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If I fast fall upair and it followed him during the whole air dodge, I was hoping to get him during the few frames of vulnerability when he landed. I admit nair would work better and would be much safer.

His grenade placement was pretty amazing though. I actually tried to hit the grenades with aether, kept messing up I guess.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If I fast fall upair and it followed him during the whole air dodge, I was hoping to get him during the few frames of vulnerability when he landed. I admit nair would work better and would be much safer.

His grenade placement was pretty amazing though. I actually tried to hit the grenades with aether, kept messing up I guess.
San, here's a tip for what I do in regards to people air dodging Up-Air. I jump up with them, fast fall...but don't start my upair yet. I give it a good half second or so while they are doing their air dodge, and then start up up-air. You were baiting Ally pretty nicely with up-air, and you would have hit him every single time if you delayed the start up of the attack.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm used to wifi delaying the attack for me... XD lolol

Actually, that may be true T_T, but I also had to take into account the possibility of him whipping out an aerial.

The thing is, it's not too wise vs snake cause he falls so dang fast. When I did think I timed it correctly match 1, it got powershielded right when he landed. If it was a well spaced nair, I wouldn't have gotten punished for it as easily. I was just desperate for an early kill or juggle. But I have no regrets really, I'll do just as much better next time =D.

WHOBO... I really want to go, but $ for the flight.. i might have to talk to my parents about this. The only thing that makes this better is that I have flown to Texas multiple times in the past.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm used to wifi delaying the attack for me... XD lolol

Actually, that may be true T_T, but I also had to take into account the possibility of him whipping out an aerial.

The thing is, it's not too wise vs snake cause he falls so dang fast. When I did think I timed it correctly match 1, it got powershielded right when he landed. If it was a well spaced nair, I wouldn't have gotten punished for it as easily. I was just desperate for an early kill or juggle. But I have no regrets really, I'll do just as much better next time =D.

WHOBO... I really want to go, but $ for the flight.. i might have to talk to my parents about this. The only thing that makes this better is that I have flown to Texas multiple times in the past.
Well just know on the bright side that Xyro will let you enter all events for free. Brett will buy you a fast food meal, and I'm pretty positive you will get free housing since you are coming out of state. So pretty much, all you're paying for is just the plane ticket.

I already committed to A_B for LT Doubles. If you came, I'd feel bad for jumping the gun on that. Me and you would pretty much win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom