• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lmao yea, its ok tho <,<

i made it 2nd out of my pools,with lain being first and snakee being third lol
then i had to go home cuz it was already 930 and pools hadn't ended ;/

my only highlights really were beating snakee and making good cash in MM's lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
San, we need to meet. I really want to play you. Would you be willing to go to WORLD HOBO if i allowed you to enter into ALL events for free?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Gee, no one offered Mr. Doom free stuff. Xyro, I thought we were buddies.

I'm a sucker for anything that's good and free.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
San, we need to meet. I really want to play you. Would you be willing to go to WORLD HOBO if i allowed you to enter into ALL events for free?
I could try. I'm still a newb at the whole travelling thing, though. Would def. be an amazing experience to be sure =D

I wanted to play penta, but he was busy playing a lucario named John and then there were like 2-3 other people waiting to play. No Johns penta. I did want to at least say hi, but you were pretty involved in playing.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
NEO is mad good. Marth is still one of my weakest personal matchups, but he just knew what to do vs me at the base level. Nuff said.

Minty came back when I had a full stock lead. Playing smart and good judgements gave him the win, even if he didn't seem too privy on how to handle Ike. I was really trying to get kill moves in, but they're pretty dangerous vs marth.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Yeah, Neo knows the Ike matchup SO well. It's so scary. Minty's also a very smart player. Also, how was Ally's Snake? From the looks of videos, he seems to know the matchup very well seeing as how he manhandled Renegade lol. I've never got to fight him yet.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Can't wait for these videos to be posted. Should be good stuff.

San, I'm gonna add to Xyro's statement....if you find a way here, I'm pretty sure you will get housed for free. Texas is too pro at housing anyways.

Oh and I figure fatigue got the better of you towards the end? I know the first big brawl tournament I went to, I was so **** tired by 1 am (plus food poisoning), that I didn't give a **** about what was going on.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
san, have any of your videos been uploaded yet? I didn't see them on the live stream but I'm pretty sure they were recording every match.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yays for San!

Just need to work on the DI apparently? lol
I noticed that if I get hit while I'm retreating, I forget to DI at all (or even DI down cause I'm fastfalling an aerial), causing me to get sent at weird angles sometimes. I think that's a huge thing I need to work on. Also being nervous playing good people makes me do stupid mistakes, but that kind of things wears off by the middle of a tournament.

@Bored: + Texas has good fast food lol. I think it was like 2am when I played minty though. I was pretty much tired the entire tourney though, but I actually had more energy later on.

@Light: I know ryko uploaded some of our dittos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2YBOM3RLs&feature=sub is the first match
Also saved some random friendlies. Who knows? Something might pop up somewhere.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Penta, that sucks that you had to leave early. Really disappointing that you had a curfew. Actually, who am I kidding. That's not disappointing, that's hilarious. Get wrecked by yo momma.

So I've already paid for WHOBO Venue, Singles, and LT Singles. Not sure yet if I will be doing LT Doubles...price goes up tomorrow. It's a shame that I won't decide until I see who the better Ike is.

Maybe I should go ask in the Houston board.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
San, I really want to play you. Like, for real. Wifi isn't my style, though, so this would make things difficult for me.

Well, I've been messing around with my modded doom levels again. I think it's time for me to upload another level that I for some reason like very much. First I have to record it...

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Thanks metroid! :D I really want to go to WHOBO now. Who would house me? D:

And me reviewing my preformance at the tourney, Falco is one of my worst matchups, even though I have many of them. Is he one of yours San and if he is or isn't, how do you handle them? I'm asking this because maybe you played some at Viridian, though idk. I kinda figure it's all about spacing, but even from a distance he has those **** lasers that I could sometimes PS. Everytime I let Kismet CG me I kicked myself because that's like an instant 30-40% with a chance of spike to edgehog. Anyone elses advice would be welcome too.

And also how do I handle the Sonic MU, because when I remember it being discussed you guys said it was pretty even. I shield his spin dash but I still end up taking damage and he WON"T STOP MOVING. Even when I just stayed still and spammed Jab it had little to no effect, probably because he was a great Sonic, one of the best in FL.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Gratz on your placement, benaji =) I'm sure you'll understand those difficult MUs soon

I really didn't play too many falcos. Because of the large amounts of people, was kinda hard to get friendlies with specific people in. That's why I can't really say much about approaches on falco, because I don't really know how the top level will handle it yet.

Falco: the CG is bad, but isn't what makes the matchup very difficult. Getting close is, though. Lasers aren't hard to shield/powershield because the timing is usually the same. The key to doing well vs falco IMO is definitely bthrow to dash attack. It's an immediate offstage. Try not to use fair much in this matchup, too. Nair is much better.

Sonic:
Shielding is not good vs him. You would want to jab sonic's spindashes. It works very well. Actually, you can jab most of what sonic does if he's just running around you. The thing that makes sonic scary is his ability to get close very fast as well as powershield and punish well-spaced attacks. Try not to space with fair in this match, too. I just did a lot of running shield dashes away and pivot jabs (and occasional grab), really. Don't worry about trying to kill him early, but just keep trying to shut him down and not get caught up in reads.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Gratz on your placement, benaji =) I'm sure you'll understand those difficult MUs soon

I really didn't play too many falcos. Because of the large amounts of people, was kinda hard to get friendlies with specific people in. That's why I can't really say much about approaches on falco, because I don't really know how the top level will handle it yet.

Falco: the CG is bad, but isn't what makes the matchup very difficult. Getting close is, though. Lasers aren't hard to shield/powershield because the timing is usually the same. The key to doing well vs falco IMO is definitely bthrow to dash attack. It's an immediate offstage. Try not to use fair much in this matchup, too. Nair is much better.

Sonic:
Shielding is not good vs him. You would want to jab sonic's spindashes. It works very well. Actually, you can jab most of what sonic does if he's just running around you. The thing that makes sonic scary is his ability to get close very fast as well as powershield and punish well-spaced attacks. Try not to space with fair in this match, too. I just did a lot of running shield dashes away and pivot jabs (and occasional grab), really. Don't worry about trying to kill him early, but just keep trying to shut him down and not get caught up in reads.
Thanks san. Mean a lot coming from you. ;D

Falco: Well that's teh thing. When I got close he grabbed me and got me offstage. He's just a **** good falco i guess... I need to work on it but I'll use those tips.

Sonic: k so jab more and space, but no so much with fair?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Don't use Fair against Sonic. Like at all. I've learned that from going against Espy. Fair = Free hit/grab for Sonic unless you use it so high in the air it's done before you hit the ground.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
San, if you come to WHOBO... MM?

I mean, bored has come close to beating me, so that means you'll succeed, right? :) I'm just a Wario. Grab release me a lot.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Don't use Fair against Sonic. Like at all. I've learned that from going against Espy. Fair = Free hit/grab for Sonic unless you use it so high in the air it's done before you hit the ground.
I have a match on YT from like December against Wes, a Sonic main and out of the 3-4 Fairs I threw at him, he never got hit by one ;[

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Kimch, Red, I didn't get around to WiFi today because I came back to find that my friend borrowed my Wii and I won't have it until tomorrow.
Soon, though, yes?
You mean uh, stole your wii? >.>
I don't think I even turned on Brawl today, I just played on the emulators I have on it :D

benaji261!

Smash Ace
D;
I played your friend Seph on wifi about a week ago or so and HOLY ****, there was so much lag since someone was spectating and it came to the point where I had to fight the lag and not him.
idk why but he does that... he feels like he needs a spectator to show he can beat someone, but it can obviously lag the match. He's a decent Ike user but idk... how long did you play him?

btw I got Unreal Tournament 3 and MGS4. Just sayin.

kirk is probably the most experienced ike vs falco there is hands down.
KIRK! STOP LURKING AND HELP MEH!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
For about 3 matches, I think I won 2 of them by only jabbing for damage then Bairs for KOs, lolwifi.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I found out that my spring break is on the first week of April so I'd be able to play some of you via wifi and hopefully offline when I return to the city.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
I've got my new internet connection and I connect my Wii to internet by ethernet (I think that my sentence is awful, hope you understand what I wanna mean ^^)

Maybe I could wifi with some of you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom