• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
****. Good stuff San. Real proud of you. Who did he lose to?

In any case, staying up for the result was worth it. Now San is gonna get his name all over the boards.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Regardless, I always knew San had the most skill out of all of us in terms of repping Ike. His overall reading ability is way too good. Glad he got out to this big tournament. This kinda reminds me of when Jumpman placed 3rd or something at that one big Hobo event in Fall. Guy played strictly wifi and didn't go to any big tournies...shows up to one and places well.

Then again, the argument for Jumpman was that no one knew how to play a good Wolf, so people sucked against him. I don't think the same can be said about San and his Ike though.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Then again, the argument for Jumpman was that no one knew how to play a good Wolf, so people sucked against him. I don't think the same can be said about San and his Ike though.
I think they'll try though.

"Oh, it was just match-up inexperience."

We all know that san is a boss though. I hope to see the uploaded matches soon!

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Results are looking something like this:
1, 2, 3. M2K/Ally/ADHD (Don't know yet)
4. DEHF
5. Shadow
5. Ninjalink
7. Atomsk
7. MintyFlesh
9. Koolaid
9. San

Yeah and about san, people knew how to fight Ike because they fought me a lot so I'm really impressed by san's performance. I gotta admit, I didn't expect him to place top 9. I thought realistically top 13th since it's NJ/NY, but Kudos to him. I gotta step it up and go to more tournaments.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Results are looking something like this:
4. DEHF
5. Shadow
5. Ninjalink
7. Atomsk
7. MintyFlesh
9. Koolaid
9. San

Yeah and about san, people knew how to fight Ike because they fought me a lot so I'm really impressed by san's performance. I gotta admit, I didn't expect him to place top 9. I thought realistically top 13th since it's NJ/NY, but Kudos to him. I gotta step it up and go to more tournaments.
Kimchi is done studying?! Impossible!

How'd Penta do? Wasn't he there?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well I'm definitely motivated to do work at WHOBO. Don't expect to do as well as San, since he's the best Ike we have, but I'm gonna hit the Brawl gym as soon as my thumb is fixed.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Dude, I think that's why some of us do bad. We compare ourselves to san. You just got to think of your own game and how you can improve it. It's how I improved a lot. I used to compare myself a lot to Kirk, Rykoshet, Renegade, etc, but that got me nowhere. You got to just think about your own game and learn from your losses. That's the best way you'll get better. Bored, you're awesome. Just ****.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dude, I think that's why some of us do bad. We compare ourselves to san. You just got to think of your own game and how you can improve it. It's how I improved a lot. I used to compare myself a lot to Kirk, Rykoshet, Renegade, etc, but that got me nowhere. You got to just think about your own game and learn from your losses. That's the best way you'll get better. Bored, you're awesome. Just ****.
I don't compare myself to nobody. I play my own style. We might all be buddies here since we all main Ike, but that doesn't stop me from being better than anyone here. My goal is to be the best Ike here, so if that means considering someone a rival or motivation, I will. San did an amazing job (Didn't expect 9th though), and I feel like I need to respond in a sense.

I guess it's friendly rivalry. If someone one up's me...I want to one up him back. It's my way of saying "Anything you can do, I can do better".

And out of randomness...there are a lot of Ike mains that have been quiet. Renegade and Griever for starters. Anyone have a status update on those two?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Renegade quit Ike, mains Snake now. Griever just... quit. I feel the same way to be quite honest, but I don't think too much about it sometimes. Setting goals for yourself is good, but thinking about becoming the best constantly is definitely not good. Not saying you do that or anything but it's just something I see a lot of people do.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I wouldn't know about that, kimchi. Setting a goal for yourself to be the best and then actively working towards that goal is something that is definitely admirable. And if everyone does it then there is a solid, friendly rivalry between everyone which in itself is amazing.

So I'm not even sure if bored cares about whether I, some random person on the internet who happens to use the same character in a video game, respects him and his outlook but well, I do, haha.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
[...]

So I'm not even sure if bored cares about whether I, some random person on the internet who happens to use the same character in a video game, respects him and his outlook but well, I do, haha.
I do too. Anyway, good job San !

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
San straight cockslapped some people. He 2-0'd blackanese, 2-1'd wes, took a game off of atomsk, 2-0'd boss. I'll have a ditto set up later. I only won like.. 2 of the 6-7 we played, if that (it honestly may have only been one). I only saved 5. An assessment is that months of lack of play have made my execution absolute ****, but my decision making and trapping are still there.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Kudos to San for taking 9th in a huge tourney. Did Ally go MK against you? Did he ban Castle Siege against you? Where did you take him for a counter-pick? Did he have anything to say? Just curious.

Also, I want to see the entire bracket.

Suddenly, I got the urge to work on my modded doom levels...

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ally went snake the whole time, san fought on neutrals mostly the whole time unless someone invariably picked rainbow or frigate against him, which I think only worked once actually (maybe twice, I know it worked for atomsk, it may have worked for wes).

He also beat m2k in the ditto. We 4 stocked some guys in doubles friendlies. We were supposed to play inui and m2k in some quad ike doubles but by the time that would have come around it was already 3AM.

The actual bracket was freaking ridiculous since pools were done beforehand. San's section of the bracket (just the first 8 people in the bracket) included Ally, Malcolm, NEO, Blackanese, and Boss.

Also san, I was incorrect on something. According to pierce, landing lag is a straight 5 frames regardless so your fast falling didn't affect how open you were. In all of those scenarios, you were straight screwed since you didn't have 15 frames to commit to an attack. My mistake.

Palpi

Smash Hero
**** ryko, i remember scotu saying it was 2 frames on fast falling...glad i have been enlightened xD

nice job to everyone that went to viridian.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Kimchi wrote at 3:11 AM on Feb 28, 2010 :
Results so far:
4. DEHF (Falco)
5. Shadow (MK)
5. Ninjalink (Diddy?)
7. Atomsk (D3)
7. MintyFlesh (Marth)
9. Koolaid (Pit)
9. San (Ike)
shown dem ppl what a **** with a sword can do

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
comparing yourself to someone else is like telling yourself your a ****** everytime you dont land a hit. You know you cant be 110% like someone else, so learn from their mistakes, pick up on some of their tools and keep going on your way

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think the only significant landing lag issue outside of a laggy attack is the landing lag after up-b or side-b on ledge. I am not sure if it effects everyone, but i know it is pretty significant for marth, falco, fox.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I exploit the **** out of it against marths. If they dont land on the stage with an aerial after dolphin slash, it's a free fsmash. Just jab em and commit to that ****.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro. I was wondering what the SBR took into consideration for this tier list. Maybe you can give a percentage list perhaps? Like 30% tourny results, 40% match ups, 30% judgment? Something like that.
We did use MUs/judgment/results but there really wasnt a % given to each of them. We also considered "gayness" with each MUs as well. "Gayness" is things like scrooging/no ledge grab limit, infinite CGs, locks.....ect.

Lets take ness for instance. In the last list he was in LOW tier. Some of the sbr members didnt like that(xyro/inui....ect) but we couldnt really PROVE that ness needed to be out of LT.

*speed up time to the making of the NEXT tier list*

FOW has gone even with m2k in friendlies(it was documented and told by m2k himself). Shaky took out one of our(tx) power ranked metaknight players in tournament and a little bit later SPLIT with HRNut in a florida tourney. He beat Seibrik and plenty other top level players. We also looked at some LT results and ness seems to DOMINATE.

Then we look at WHO ness is and what he has thats SO **** good. His backthrow kill is STILL amazing(you would think over time people would learn to DI it but they overall dont). His Nair/bair out of shield is TASTY. His fair out prioritizes MOST things(well obviously not ikes fair, ROFL) and its rather safe when people block. ANyways, we figured people woulf get around this type of thing and they KINDA did, they FORCED ness of stage more than ever and went for gimps.

So we gave ness a slight boost but not a MEGA boost. Do you see what im saying? Not EVERYBODY sees it the way i do. Some people will see as "i dont know where ness goes so im gonna not vote"

If you have anything else, post and include my name please.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im imagining xyro riding around in sammys space craft while he browses the search button

loolol

metroid1117

Smash Master
Holy ****, major props to San for getting 9th. Congrats to Benaji as well. It sounds like it's been a successful weekend for us.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Mintyflesh 2-0'd him on battlefield. The only people that put some beats on san were atomsk, neo, minty, and ally. He straight 2-0'd everyone else except wes.

I put up 3 dittos on my channel, I pretty much got spanked except for game 2 when I finally got my head out of my ***.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Yea, I really hope people stop discrediting San since he ***** his region but then he gets 9th in a national(regional?) taking out some big names.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Everyone he lost to are ranked or are otherwise far beyond the point of being ranked.

The live stream TV recorded all of their matches so at the very least his set against Ally is on someone's wii. Took him to last hit in both games, got ally to 128 when he got power shielded then was a victim of some bad DI on an ftilt.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just got back. Had to sleep in car before heading out at 6am.

Yes, the tourney was plenty of fun. The venue was so ghetto though, but water was $1 so I wasn't complaining. It was my first OoS tourney, and I'm glad I did well.

Lots of people were so good, I learned a lot. Yeah bad DI got me pretty hard at times, because when I was hit, I was trying to space myself and move away.

Everyone I had friendlies with was really cool and the matches were fun.

About videos, some of the TVs didn't have the over 3 minute replay, so I wasn't able to record a number of matches.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lmao everytime i wanted to talk to you, there were like 10 people in my way .__.

good **** tho san,simply amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom