• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
My efforts to configure college internet have been in vain.

Thankfully spring break is in mid March so I'll be up for WiFi then. I'm looking forward to our counter wars, slaps.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
And also how do I handle the Sonic MU, because when I remember it being discussed you guys said it was pretty even. I shield his spin dash but I still end up taking damage and he WON"T STOP MOVING. Even when I just stayed still and spammed Jab it had little to no effect, probably because he was a great Sonic, one of the best in FL.
Can you please tell me the name of the person?

I ask because there's not a single Sonic on the radar for Florida, OR the entire Southeast region.

=====

As for the match up itself: Like a few have already said, don't fair. At all. You'll get punished. Ike's jab beats everything Sonic can dish out except for running powershield to shield grab, so be wary of when the Sonic wants to approach with that. Pivot grabs are effective against his spins, and you shouldn't worry too much about survivability, since Sonic has difficulty KOing anyone in the game.

When recovering, be sure to avoid spring gimps. Ike can't stop them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I help when help is needed, Bored.

I can answer anything else if anyone needs any additional information.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@ Espy: On a scale of 1-10, how badly does PS1 counter you? With 1 being "doesn't hinder me", 10 being "I only win if the opponent is terrible like you Niddo."

Oh, and someone here should attempt to get into the BBR seeing as they are going to have open auditions. We really need someone in there that actually has a clue about Ike and can explain to the silly East Coast players that he's better then rubbish like Lucas. I would assume either Kirk or San would have the best chance. I obviously don't have a hope of getting in: outspoken + terrible tournament results. >_>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you're being serious, then Pokemon Stadium 1 doesn't really bother Sonic all that much. The formations prove to be a moderate problem with ground control, but vs. Ike, Sonic can easily wait out the formations until they revert.

It's no more difficult than fighting an Ike on Battlefield, really. The added transformations only make it annoying.

Also, it's just a personal preference to me. I dislike PS1 just because I dislike it, it has nothing to do with counter picking or whatnot.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
We really need someone in there that actually has a clue about Ike and can explain to the silly East Coast players that he's better then rubbish like Lucas.
Firstly a good number of back room players play ike, granted every one of them will admit that they don't bother looking into the intricacies of the character.

Secondly, lucas is a fundamentally much better character than Ike is, despite the fact that I think that the character is just a gimmick. The back room doesn't need anyone to tell them whether ike is better than they suspect, the character at this point just moves based on how well people do with him and much better/worse other characters around him do.

Thirdly, east coast is on some god tier ****.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ryko, is that a wii emulator.....? ;ooooo
Does it work fine or is it choppy as hell?

EDIT: Wait no, I'm an idiot it says TV viewer right above it...lol
So you're just using your computer as a screen for your wii?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
guys i was wondering what the ike vs lucario match up is D:
if anyone can give me a quick answer, i'll greatly appreciate it >.<

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ Espy: 1. On a scale of 1-10, how badly does PS1 counter you? With 1 being "doesn't hinder me", 10 being "I only win if the opponent is terrible like you Niddo."

Oh, and 2. someone here should attempt to get into the BBR seeing as they are going to have open auditions. We really need someone in there that actually has a clue about Ike and can explain to the silly East Coast players that he's better then rubbish like Lucas. 3. I would assume either Kirk or San would have the best chance. I obviously don't have a hope of getting in: outspoken + terrible tournament results. >_>

1. its like a 2. ike has a lot of stupid wall tricks that he can pull out on that stage, but its more annoying than good vs sonic as we have mobility to get arond the stage.

2. Im going to apply, but I dont know if you consider me one of you.

3. Kirk doesnt even know what normal brawl looks like anymore. And san has too much of a life, he barely posts as it is.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ryko, is that a wii emulator.....? ;ooooo
Does it work fine or is it choppy as hell?

EDIT: Wait no, I'm an idiot it says TV viewer right above it...lol
So you're just using your computer as a screen for your wii?
Yeah I couldnt get one that played in a large enough res before.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
guys i was wondering what the ike vs lucario match up is D:
if anyone can give me a quick answer, i'll greatly appreciate it >.<
From a realistic standpoint it's not heavily in Lucario's favor nor is it even, Lucario definitely has some stuff over Ike. I'm hesitant to use labels and ratios but it's between 55-45 and 60-40 in Lucario's favor, I'd say. It's not really that bad at all.

Keep in mind that I consider a ton of Ike's match-ups in the 45-55 range (such as Pikachu, Pit and Toon Link) so take that as you will.

2. Im going to apply, but I dont know if you consider me one of you.
You post here more than some Ike mains do, haha.

Palpi

Smash Hero
It is a very fun match up. Try not to make yourself use aether because aurasphere and fsmash can rack up damage. It is 60-40 lucario because of his off stage, but it is close on stage.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Lucario's fsmash offstage only works on ledges where Ike can't bring his aether out, and that's only a few stages (FD, lylat, maaaybe yoshi's island). Aura sphere may be a free hit if Ike has to aether and is definitely annoying, but it's not life and death.

Lucario also does pretty decent against us onstage. I believe we just have a noticeable disadvantage overall, but it's something that can be overcome. It's really just lots of tiny things lucario has over us instead of a couple large things like some other characters, which may lead to a debatable MU of how disadvantaged we have it.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
And don't forget Ike HAS to approach with a shield in this matchup, nothing else won't work as well ;[
Penta has trouble beating a really good Lucario here so I'm guessing he might try Ike instead of GnW against the Lucario guy lol

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yeah, Dashing Shield is Ike's best friend in this match-up.

You really need to focus on killing him ASAP, unlike other matches. You can still powershield gigantic aura spheres but they are a hassle you really do not want to deal with.

Low % is super annoying due to his combo potential so try not to get caught in the air and be especially careful. Treat him like Falco at low percents, I guess?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
If you're preoccupied with shielding, dashing in general is a bad idea tbh. Just walk and power shield, expect the roll or dodge. Running makes your ability to shield worse.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Lucario's fsmash offstage only works on ledges where Ike can't bring his aether out, and that's only a few stages (FD, lylat, maaaybe yoshi's island). Aura sphere may be a free hit if Ike has to aether and is definitely annoying, but it's not life and death.

Lucario also does pretty decent against us onstage. I believe we just have a noticeable disadvantage overall, but it's something that can be overcome. It's really just lots of tiny things lucario has over us instead of a couple large things like some other characters, which may lead to a debatable MU of how disadvantaged we have it.
Yoshi's is the safest ledge to aether to on this match up the hill near the ledge makes it so fsmash never hits you, I think it will block the aura sphere sometimes and if not maybe a shy guy will XD.

Also i sometimes get the feeling that upsmash is a frame trap on lucario, He can't dair you and he can't AD through it. He could maybe jump if he still had one but you can hit him there too.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lucario can dair early and stall out the move, or fast fall and dair to get in before the move.

and also b reverse an aura sphere charge, and also shoot a full sphere for the momentum shift.

theres a lot of nuance stuff he can do, but its still a beeyotch to get around.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
He went to last stock against lee first match then lee went meta knight. How much matchup studying is he going to gain from a single match?

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ok Espy, so maybe he isn't one of the best in FL, but he's like the only good Sonic I've played yet in FL. When I ever have the ability to go around Seibrik's region and find another Sonic, if there IS one, I'll let you know, but the one I've played is AWAL. He's probably not one of the best Sonics, but I haven't heard of any other Sonics here. Please tell me if you know of any. D:

Also help me with the MU if you could, of what Ike can do aside from Jab spamming his spin dash and using nair effectively.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
btw grammar nazi attack from me at the title of this topic... here it comes...

San is *too pro.

k done with the blitzkrieg

EDIT: Sorry Red-X I failed in playing you tonight. I was not at the house. Friend's house johns.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ask kirk about lucario matchup, he played lee martin.
I mean... I main the character too... but i guess my opinion doesnt count...
Ok Espy, so maybe he isn't one of the best in FL, but he's like the only good Sonic I've played yet in FL. When I ever have the ability to go around Seibrik's region and find another Sonic, if there IS one, I'll let you know, but the one I've played is AWAL. He's probably not one of the best Sonics, but I haven't heard of any other Sonics here. Please tell me if you know of any. D:

Also help me with the MU if you could, of what Ike can do aside from Jab spamming his spin dash and using nair effectively.
I dont know why youre asking espy, when I know the sonic ike matchup better than anybody...

also, AWAL isnt top level but he is good, for a second I was scared you were getting your ideas on the matchup from playing Mickey. and thats no good...

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
thank you for the clarification San and Ylight,helps alot :p

lol red,ya you're right >.<
i did better with ike in friendlies so i was just wondering about it lulz.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
You guys know you can space Aether to where Lucario's Fsmash won't hit you, no matter what stage, right?
If you get good at recovering perfectly low, all that will hit you is a fully charged sphere on maximum aura, IIRC.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
You guys know you can space Aether to where Lucario's Fsmash won't hit you, no matter what stage, right?
If you get good at recovering perfectly low, all that will hit you is a fully charged sphere on maximum aura, IIRC.
Just CP BF and space yourself with aether offstage. How far in you could go with aether under the stage is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom