• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Yoshis - Let us know when you make it home!

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yoshi vs. Ike crews were official.

I love watching MX and FireFly play.

Especially MX. He reminds me ALOT of how I play. But way better.

We both use eggs a lot more than most Yoshi's. We both like the ledge a bunch.

MX and firefly got dat downB to ledge swag.
I use that all day long.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'm so jelly.. wanted to be there T_____________________T

E: Delta y u losing to Leon D':

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Slush, I'm sorry to hear about all that. That's rough, man.

Jake, I'm guessing you made it to your flight on time? You didn't call me so I was sort of hoping that that was the case. Sorry about the rush. @_@

I'm so jelly.. wanted to be there T_____________________T

E: Delta y u losing to Leon D':
I wasn't playing very well that set. Matches were close, I just dropped the ball. It was my first match of the day. XD

Leon also traps better than other Marths I've played.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What was the line up? Who took how many stocks?
I don't recall EXACTLY what the line up was, but we sent in...someone and MX first, and both failed to take out Nakat who was first for the Weegees. Then I went in and took out Nakat's last stock, 3 of Jband's, and one of Yosh Q's to bring us back into the match. We weren't too far behind after this point, but then Boss went in and pretty much bodied whoever was left.

Yoshis, help me out with the lineup. I was too salty to pay attention. :glare:

Sharky

Smash Master
boss started vs me 3 stocks each. I was doing pretty well, took the first stock of the game even, but at last hit second stock I made a big mistake and couldn't recover from there, mentally. I'm sorry guys :(

Scatz

Smash Champion
Our lineup was somthing like this:

Firefly
MX
Delta
Raptor
Sharky
Scatz
Poltergust

I called it when they were going to send in Boss, but I ****ed up against Boss, which made Polt's situation worse.

I'm obviously *** at crew battles.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
If the brawl yoshi's would've taught me how to play yoshi.. I would fill in a spot, and do some work.. :)

But no, yall didn't wanna help me.. :(

btw Delta, I want your backpack still.. /salt

Anyway it was awesome to meet all of you guys... I still think you all should play melee Yoshi, I'll even teach you.. :)

Just teach me back, and I'll try my best and become an awesome Yoshi player in your game. :)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
as well as my first match at the venue...

:005:
Here's the problem.
The way I am in 90% of the tournaments is like this.
Play till there's no tomorrow against MU's that Don't put me on auto-pilot and I play amazing.
Don't play at all and only friendlies against MU's that do put me on auto-pilot and I play terrible in bracket. If I survive long enough, eventually i'll start playing really good.

Not sure why it's like this for me, but I do know i'm not the only one who suffers from this.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Luigi's won with 5 stocks.

Nakat vs Firefly - Nakat wins with 2 stocks remaining
Nakat vs MX - Nakat wins with 1 stock remaining
Nakat vs Delta - Delta wins with 3 stocks remaining
Jband vs Delta - Delta wins with 1 stock remaining
YoshQ vs Delta - YoshQ wins with 2 stocks remaining
YoshQ vs Raptor - Raptor wins with 1 stock remaining
Thunder vs Raptor - Thunder wins with 1 stock remaining
Thunder vs Sharky - Sharky wins with 3 stocks remaining
Boss vs Sharky - Boss wins with 2 stocks remaining
Boss vs Scatz - Boss wins with 1 stock remaining
Boss vs Poltergust - Poltergust wins with 1 stock remaining
Luigisama vs Poltergust - Luigisama wins with 2 stocks remaining

I was on anchor.

Yikarur

Smash Master
y u guyz so bad in that MU

we had won with me included!!! :( believe me!!!!1111*still sad* ;___;

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Alright, SHOUTOUTS TIME

Delta-cod: There are no words for how grateful I am that you housed all of us, despite all the stress that came with it. I wish we could've had more time to just hang out at your place (no Dokapon Kingdom makes me weep), but at least we got a good 8 hours of Allbrawl and Yoshi dittos on Thursday. Congrats again on winning Allbrawl, and I really hope I get the opportunity to come down again some time.

P.S. - I don't recall who it was, but somebody caught me saying "eh" at the venue. Too bad you missed it. :troll:

Raptor: Thanks again for that hype drawing! Sadly, when I opened my suitcase last night, I saw a tear in the middle of the paper. =[ My suitcase was subjest to a random inspection, so that probably didnt help, even though I did have too much junk crammed in there anyway. It was nice meeting you, and I enjoyed winning the right to red Yoshi from you. :troll: Next time I play this game, I'll try to throw in some DJ Fairs for you~

Scatz: What an honour it was to meet the Scatzbot in person! Super chill guy (especially considering you're supposed to be a robot, seriously), and watching you play is always a thrill. Again, good **** making it to round 2 in pools with that clutch game 3. Thanks for complimenting my technical ability BTW; I know I still have a long way to go, but hearing that from you means a lot, and I'm going to keep improving it to the best of my ability.

MX: So glad you were able to make it up! Your Yoshi is even more stylish than I realised, and I was loving your charged smash punishes; I've been hoping to get better at knowing when to hold my Usmash/Fsmashes for a while, and I definitely plan to rewatch some of your matches to help me get there. I was sad you didn't make it out of pools, but it was certainly a tough one, and the entire thing was so ridiculously close. =[ Happy belated birthday!

Sharky: That lumberjack swag really caught me off guard! Definitely the second most Canadian Yoshi there. =P I wish I had the chance to see you attempt the grease truck challenge, but I'm glad I at least got to try the stuff myself. Thanks for getting me to go there, it was exactly what I needed after the salt that was my pool. I'm disappointed you weren't able to hang out with us for long at Delta's. =[ If I make it to one of Ontario's tournaments in the future, I expect you to be there as well, seeing how close you are. =p

Silent Beast: Still living up to your name in person, even though you weren't as tight lipped as I expected you to be. XD (definitely mean that in a good way) I didn't see you play very much at all, but I guess that's to be expected seeing how much work you put into translating for the Japanese guys. Mad respect for that, and I'm sure you made their trip that much more enjoyable. =] Stay beastly!

Poltergust: Thanks for giving us a Yoshi to root for in the bracket! XD It was great seeing you at work in person, though I'm still mildly salty that you were disappointed that you only placed 33rd at a tournament this stacked when I got pool ***** round 1. :x Your set vs. Zex was super hype, and I'm really glad you got that Egg Roll KO on him. =P It was nice meeting you, and I hope you start popping in to the boards more often now.

Slush: Didn't get to talk to you much unfortunately. =[ As somebody else said, you were probably the most stylishly dressed of all of us. From what I saw of you, you do have a pretty interesting Yoshi, but you need to work on your mindset. I know how frustrating it can be to take losses, but you need to take the negative feelings and channel that energy towards strengthening your resolve. If you can find a way to keep your head in the game more consistantly, I'm sure you'll be seeing an improvement. =]

Killanator: Sorry I couldn't give you very much advice for your pools sets. =[ Critiquing other players has always been a weak point of mine. You do some pretty nice stuff sometimes, but like I said after your matches with the Falco in your pool, you need to be more weary of when it is or isn't a good time to approach. Work on your defensive game more, and you'll become a more well rounded and more successful player overall. Nice meeting you!

PRiDE: We didn't talk too much, but you wear that pink Yoshi well. Too bad I didn't get to play you, but it was still really cool seeing that old-school Yoshi in action. Not bad for an '08 player! =P

Karamity: Your excitement really was infectious, and both your Yoshi and your Fox were really fun to watch. I didn't see as much of it as I would've liked, but the doubles match you played on the stream was so hyped. =D Congrats on 2-0ing Atomsk, and it was cool seeing you play against Bladewise in round 1. (you came a lot closer to beating him than I did =P) After all I heard about how you played the Yoshi ditto, we will all remember you as a great player, and I hope you had a great time and a safe trip home!

D-torr: Didn't get to see you play at all, but it was nice meeting you. Please upload that picture you took of Scatz and Deltacod when they were literally nodding off!

Luigi Sama: Solid Luigi, ggs in those friendlies we played. Green missile is unstoppable. :x It was nice meeting you!

Thunder: Thanks so much for all the driving around you did! I'm salty I left my bag in your trunk though; I didn't anticipate that you wouldn't be arriving back at Delta's Monday morning, and I didn't realise it was gone until it was too late. It would be much appreciated if you could get it back to me. PM me and we'll figure it out. =]

Celes: Glad you were able to make it! You were pretty much exactly as I pictured you to be from talking to you on Skype. =P GGs in those FFAs. Perry the Platypus is too good~

All the Yoshis that weren't there: You guys missed out. =[ I hope I get to see the rest of you some day!

welp that took a while

Luigisama

Smash Champion
the guy who recorded the luigi v.s yoshi crew battle was Apple and I think he is in VVV. I'll ask chibo or cheese.
Still don't feel like getting those videos uploaded. I still think we got lucky.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If the brawl yoshi's would've taught me how to play yoshi.. I would fill in a spot, and do some work.. :)

But no, yall didn't wanna help me.. :(

btw Delta, I want your backpack still.. /salt

Anyway it was awesome to meet all of you guys... I still think you all should play melee Yoshi, I'll even teach you.. :)

Just teach me back, and I'll try my best and become an awesome Yoshi player in your game. :)
Yo, there were like, no open setups for Brawl the entire tournament! I'm glad I got to watch you play though, your Yoshi is hype. We'll have to teach each other another time.

And you're not getting it! :mad:

Here's the problem.
The way I am in 90% of the tournaments is like this.
Play till there's no tomorrow against MU's that Don't put me on auto-pilot and I play amazing.
Don't play at all and only friendlies against MU's that do put me on auto-pilot and I play terrible in bracket. If I survive long enough, eventually i'll start playing really good.

Not sure why it's like this for me, but I do know i'm not the only one who suffers from this.
You should play Yoshi dittos or a Marth to warm up, then.

:yoshi: I demand to know the results of these character crews.
We (the other Yoshis I tried to carry :() lost to the Weegees pretty handily. The Ike crew battle came down to the wire, but we lost last stock ~100%.

P.S. - I don't recall who it was, but somebody caught me saying "eh" at the venue. Too bad you missed it. :troll:
EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

and I thought I'm the only one who loves Dokapon Kingdom :D
You love it too? THE BEST.

Also, Apex Yoshis:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Top row (Left to Right): Karamity, Poltergust, Celes, Sharky, me, Scatz, Slush
Middle row (Left to Right): Silent Beast, Raptor, MX, Delta-Cod
Front: Vectorman

holy **** i just realized slush's scarf is yoshi's tongue o.0

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
No shoutouts for me? iSad. For those of you who met me, it's -dib-, I just went back to Excel since y'know that's what EVERYONE knows me as. I'll just have to deal with people thinking I'm Excel_Zero. :(

My Shoutouts to the Broshis.

Delta-cod: It was awesome meeting my Saltris buddy, the infamous Delta-cod. You were snoozing all over the venue with your Yoshi backpack. lol You're alot cuter in person. :troll:

Raptor: Nice meeting you. Didn't get to talk much despite us being around each other most of the weekend.

Scatz: Scatzzzzzzzzz you're mad chill. Sucks your car got wrecked. I donated $5 to the cause. If I had planned out my money a little better, I would've tossed in $20 for you. I never got a chance to play your super stylin Yoshi.

MX: Miiiiiiiiiike! It was fun chilling with you and I'm glad we were able to come get you. You and ADHD were one of the few lucky ones to have a birthday on the day of a huge tournament.

Sharky: Sharky the Lumberjack. It was awesome hanging with you and Upstate. I appreciate the rides from the venue back to the Hyatt. It was swell talking to you.

Silent Beast: It was nice having the few small conversations we had when we were around one another. You're definitely the silent type. lol

Poltergust: I know you were a little caught off guard by the "Father of Hadesblade" comment but trust me, you're like an adult version of him. lol

Slush: Sinister Slush for "Best Dressed Yoshi". So much style. From what I've gathered, you're basically the Yoshi version of Speed. Don't get so down on yourself. You have the skill to succeed with Yoshi, you just have to fix your mindset.

Killanator: You're tall. Like really tall. lol The fact that you had a twin was also a bit amusing because it's just two identical giants walking around the venue. lol I never got to see your Yoshi in action.

Firefly: Thanks for teaming with me. We did well despite our goofy bracket. It couldn't be helped, it was Apex after all. You're definitely one of the nicest people. I love Canadians.

Karamity: It was an honour to meet you and your fellow Japanese friends. I wish I had some better sentence structure, I would have TRIED to make small talk but I haven't practiced Japanese in like 6 years. =/

D-torr: It was nice meeting you. Never got to see your ZSS/Yoshi combo in action.

Celes: I want my $2 back. :salt: GGs man. Your Yoshi is pretty gnarly and thanks to you, I understand the match-up better. My reads were ridiculously hard...too bad the punishes weren't. Stupid coins...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You should play Yoshi dittos or a Marth to warm up, then.
Also, Apex Yoshis:
Marth is actually one of the MU's that turns me into Auto-pilot.
Since I do play nike all the time.

who is who? :D
I'm the one that dressed the most stylish.
Black/Green

Top row (Left to Right): Karamity, Poltergust, Celes, Sharky, me, Scatz, Slush
Middle row (Left to Right): Silent Beast, Raptor, MX, Delta-Cod
Front: Vectorman

holy **** i just realized slush's scarf is yoshi's tongue o.0

Hah, why else would I be wearing it all days APEX was going on?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Where were you?
I was at the venue every day having a great time chilling with everybody since I couldn't play one game outside of my pools matches for the entire weekend.

D-torr: It was nice meeting you. Never got to see your ZSS/Yoshi combo in action
I only played during my pool which happened at like 1 am Sunday.

I'mma give some shoutouts later. I just got off work and haven't fully recovered from not-being-at-APEX-syndrome

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
When/what is the next national? Im definitely going to make the next one.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yey shoutouts to yoshis :D

Delta: Thanks for letting me stay over for the weekend. I wish we had more time to play some more matches and that Dokapon game but I guess getting back every night at like 3am couldn't be helped.

Can't wait to stay over again :D

Firefly: It was nice meeting you. I felt so bad when I thought I got to the airport late but luckily your flight was delayed so it all went well in the end. I don't remember playing you much so we'll have to do that next time we see each other. Sorry about your laptop bag :[

Raptor: It was fun hanging out with you and Sama in Long Island. The misunderstanding about when you guys needed to be home was a bit annoying but I guess everything went ok in the end.

Stay free at mario party you stupid dinosaur :troll:

Scatz: I'm glad your travel problem got taken care of. You don't seem like a robot to me but I don't know anything about the yoshis lol. I don't think I played you much either so we'll do that next time. Oh and the way you wrap your controller wire up is legit.

MX: It was nice meeting you. I know I played you the most and those matches were fun. I should try to get down to something happening in GA sometime to see you and Scatz again.

Sharky: Good seeing you again. No swag hat and dat lumberjack beard status really threw me off lol

Those taunt spikes hit you and you know it :awesome:

Karamity: I didn't actually meet you but I enjoyed watching you play in your round 1 pool and other various games with the other yoshis. I almost asked you to play me after you played Raptor the one time but I have low self confidence johns. I hope you had a great time here in America :D

Also a bit salty about how you've given Delta even more ways to annoy people when he plays xD

Shoutouts to the luigi vs yoshi crew battle

Shoutouts to the 4+ hours of yoshi dittos I watched at Delta's house on friday

Also, Apex Yoshis:
But you didn't use the best one out of the pictures you took though :troll:

Top Bottom