• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Yoshis - Let us know when you make it home!

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Just so you guys know, I'm not getting to the venue until probably around 6 on Friday because I have work. I've given Karamity a basic description of how crew battles work, what with stocks transferring and whatnot, so I think he'll more or less be able to follow what's going on if it happens before I can get there. I also let him know that the crew battles vs. Ike and vs. Luigi are scheduled for 2 and 4 pm, respectively, on Friday.

If you need to find him, you could probably just look for the group of Japanese (the Japanese more or less stayed together in a group last year, and I'd assume they'll do the same) and ask for him (if you say "Yoshi" and "crew battle", he'll probably understand what you're talking about). If he's off playing somewhere, his tag will probably say KMT (remember, he also uses Fox). I think Delta has my number, so if you really need to get in touch with me, Delta can call me.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Anyone can help us out? Our car riding up got totaled and we're stuck in Carneys Point NJ right now. We'd definitely pay for gas, we just just need a ride to the Hyatt. There's 5 of us and we need to get our stuff.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Not entering the tourney, but I'll be there tomorrow and possibly on Sunday. Hope to see some of you guys around and maybe we can do casual matches or something (even though Yoshi dittos are extremely silly).

Also, good luck to all of you actually entering, I'm looking forward to seeing all of you do well!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Karamity going Fox in Doubles. We'll see if he ever breaks out dat dino for dubs.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love you all, but for future reference, if I or anyone else ever chooses to house you, you better have your travel plans in order and you MUST be on top of it. A lot of people were inconvenienced tonight because of people dropping the ball and forgetting to deal with their plans. Not gonna drop names, but yeah.

With that out of the way, I must say that I really enjoyed having you all over and housing you. It was a lot of fun and hanging with you guys was godlike. I wish everyone had been able to make it. =(

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Housing with you yoshis for two days was really awesome. I enjoyed your company and your silly antics. I hope next apex we can maybe do it again and this time have more time to play mario troll party or other games.
Scatz- dang your yoshi is crazy. I'm still a little dissapointed that the **** you were giving Kain's wolf was stopped and he gimped you. Sucha a silly bloshi :3 Also awesome job taking on boss in the crew battle. I hope you get home safe.

MX- sucks that you couldn't beat boss in that MM. Hanging out with you was cool and lol that post of mine about Raptor was hillariou. But delta's dog will always own you :p

Delta- Thank you so much Delta for Housing me. I also thank your parents as well because they were so nice and caring. I hope you get your all brawl money soon and I hope you get some sleep from all the driving you have to do.

Firefly- wow I didn't think you would be tall when I first met you. Also was really cool hanging out with you. I liked playing your mk since that is the type of mk I need to be playing against and lol dang idk why Delta's dog was trolling you so much. Was funny to watch and XD I can't believe there was two firefly tags that was just so ironic. I hope you got home safe and next time dunkin donuts forgets your muffin you should egg them.

Silent beast- I hope you had fun. I wanted to friendly you, but I wasn't sure if you had to be around the japanese 24/7 or something. Lol your hat was so cool and I didn't know who you were until I saw it. I hope you get home ok.

Scatz

Smash Champion
BC, you're Luigi-sama right? If so, was a pleasure hanging with you. Glad you like my Yoshi to where you wanted to record my matches. I think he still has a long way to go since he's not even top quality.

either way it was an incredible experience while I was in NJ. Delta's parents are da bess, and his dog is the best troll. Karamity has technology that we don't have here, and Delta and me are like Yoshi copies at tourneys.

@Jake: Your Yoshi is extremely solid and you shouldn't let this tourney get to you. You had a make or break situation, and those are the worst to encounter, especially at a tourney of this caliber.

@Mike: Your Yoshi is pretty solid, but you miss a ton of punishes (and some you make the wrong choices). Still, keep working on DR cause my Yoshi didn't master DR without practice.

@Raptor: Your Yoshi plays weird, but you get into some pretty clean habits that you wanna break. I forgot to get the picture you made for us so if you could, please try to scan and upload it for me. I'd greatly appreciate that.

@Sharky: You finally get to call me Scatzgod, but you better not relax, cause now you gotta get a handle on the application of the move. Also, next time, you're gonna beat that challenge at the grease truck.

@Silent: Never got to see your Yoshi, but it was great getting to see you. also lmao @ you having your avatar on your hat. Was priceless XD. I'll probably be asking you a lot of questions for Karamity since he has techniques that none of us knew.

@Delta: Thanks a ton for housing me. I enjoyed everything while I was there (too bad you don't have regular fast foods on the way to your house XD). Guess we got a lot of break this year with Yoshi. Also, DAT ZOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!

@Slush: Stop giving up. You defeat yourself and don't see how losses can benefit you. Also, you are good at using Yoshi's techs, but you don't know how to apply it well. You need to think about how the ATs are going to be useful when playing in situations. Other than that, was fun to meet ya. I think you're slightly more quiet than Poltergust.

@Thunder: Yo, you fun to hang with. Sorry we didn't get to play before I had to leave. Practice up though, you got potential.

I know there's other Yoshi's I missed, but I definitely had a good time seeing everyone for the first time. Despite not being able to have more fun in between downtimes of the tourney, it was enjoyable. Next time though, we'll plan better to have actual fun whether we leave early or go to other tourneys later.

Got a good while before I'm back home. Apparently greyhound for 7:50 was closed, so we had to get the later 10:15 one. Not getting home until like midnight tuesday (have to get picked up and then get my car). So I'll see you guys on skype prolly wednesday.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeah, real talk, seeing Karamity play got me thinking SO hard about how to make some break throughs with Yoshi. I'm pretty hyped.

Yoshi dittos are the best. Hype all around, especially at the Yoshi FFA.

Just for an update, MX has safely made it home. I'd be happy to hear from all other Yoshis taking flights/busses when they make it back.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Yeah, real talk, seeing Karamity play got me thinking SO hard about how to make some break throughs with Yoshi. I'm pretty hyped.

Yoshi dittos are the best. Hype all around, especially at the Yoshi FFA.

Just for an update, MX has safely made it home. I'd be happy to hear from all other Yoshis taking flights/busses when they make it back.
good to know. Boss v.s Mx forever close

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
@Raptor: Your Yoshi plays weird
Rising fair from the ledge hitting and comboing into an uair. :awesome: What do you mean by clean habits that I need to break though? :I Annnnd I think I forgot the rest of the Yoshi drawings in deltas car which had my drawing, slush's, and yours :/

Also, I'm hyped for making 2 mk mains mad in mm's for the last time. :3

Sharky

Smash Master
I actually got home around 4:30 but I conked out instantly lmao. I ended up driving all the way home because we needed to get back to 'cuse super fast so one of us could make their train on time and nobody else wanted to risk driving that fast lol. I made that **** look easy tho =P

Total miles put on my car FROM WHEN WE GOT TO APEX TO WHEN WE LEFT APEX: 350 @_@. Yeah I'm not likely going to give rides to that many people at a tourney ever again. =/

shoutouts later

Scatz

Smash Champion
To add to my previous post, i ****ing suck *** at smash, and my yoshi is booty. Dedicated all that time and i can't even get close to top lvl players. :(

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Playing and seeing all of the top level mid-tier mains got me hyped, too. Playing with the Yoshis was very fun and I hope you all enjoyed apex.

It was nice meeting some of you guys properly such as Delta-cod, Scatz, MX, etc. and seeing some of you guys again such as Sharky(obv) and Polt.

Sadly I still won't be playing the game too often for a while due to lack of tourneys in the area lol.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yo san, I really enjoyed our crews and doubles match. I haven't had that much fun playing this game in quite some time.

Mid tier singles/doubles should really become side events.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
@Slush: Stop giving up. You defeat yourself and don't see how losses can benefit you. Also, you are good at using Yoshi's techs, but you don't know how to apply it well. You need to think about how the ATs are going to be useful when playing in situations. Other than that, was fun to meet ya. I think you're slightly more quiet than Poltergust.
I tend to defeat myself easily cause I know I won't do good.
And Yoshi techs is all I practice.

Annnnd I think I forgot the rest of the Yoshi drawings in deltas car which had my drawing, slush's, and yours :/
You made drawans for me/others?
I never knew this.
Yoshis <3
Where were you?
I can understand about not being in the weegee crew battle cause I arrived during the middle of boss taking 8 stocks off. But Ike I was there and awake, Just kept my head down and occasionally raising it to fix my hair/look around.
That and I kept shaking my foot.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Bro, if you want in on things you gotta assert yourself. Raptor was even originally in the crew battle, but Killanator asked to be in it. Raptor was sorta passive/doubtful about playing so I let Killa play. Gotta be 100% confident and assert yourself into groups, it works.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Bro, if you want in on things you gotta assert yourself. Raptor was even originally in the crew battle, but Killanator asked to be in it. Raptor was sorta passive/doubtful about playing so I let Killa play. Gotta be 100% confident and assert yourself into groups, it works.
I think you're slightly more quiet than Poltergust.
Social Phobia- Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
Sociophobia- Fear of society or people in general.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314897

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Living on your own will be great.

Maybe you could find a roomate that plays smash! That'd be great.

I hope you know there are people who love you slush. Don't fret over the past, you know?

@Delta I smell a new community guide.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
My keyboard is still garbage, so I'll keep it short for now. Just got home from one of the longest and most stressful plane trips I've ever had to take, but I had a great time, and believe me when I say it was meeting and hanging out with all of you that really made the trip worthwhile for me. If I go to Apex 2013 or another major tournament, it'll be because I want to see you guys again more than anything else~

Proper shoutouts tomorrow!

:005:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Bleh, I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to everyone that housed at Delta's place D:

It was a smarter choice to stay in Long Island for the night though. Didn't want to risk driving back considering how tired I was :/

Top Bottom