• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Man, what a weekend this was. Easily the most fun playing smash I've ever had. For everyone who doesn't know who I am, I was the guy who wore the picture of Akuma with Ganondorf's face on Saturday, mained green Ganon and used the tag, 'Manly.' I did a good enough job to prove that playing like a man can actually be viable in Brawl, and mother ****in GANON is to thank for that.

First the mega-shoutouts:

ALEX!: Sorry for causing that mess in brackets. I wish I wasn't automatically put in losers, but when we realized the mistake, there really wasn't anything you could have done at that point. Masterfully run tournament, and DQ'ing people has never sounded more fun.

RUSH!!!!!!: Man, sorry you couldn't have made it out for the second day, it was ridiculous. Thank you so much for letting me take your spot in the brackets. As you can see above, I had to start in losers, and went up against Hylian again. I played admirably, but an upset wasn't to be.

Now for the regular shoutouts:
4) Anti: First guy I met at APEX. Fun traveling with you, and too bad I didn't play you. Fourth place? Good stuff!
13) Dojo: "Sexy vs. Manly" Why didn't it happen!?!?!?
13) HolyNightmare: You didn't just **** me, you demoralized me. I hate ROB now.
17) Slikvik: Wario and Yoshi's Story are a miserable combination. I was one mistake away from a JV 4-stock. And there is no such thing as a "I'm using Ganon" johns. I love that man too much.
17) NEO: I hung out with you at the gas station and you almost left me there. You're such a cool person and lol at people asking for your autograph. Too bad we never played, even though Ganon doesn't really have fun fighting Marth.
25) Hylian: Thanks for not going IC's and letting me actually use Ganon in tournament. Your petty turtle is no match for SPARTA!
25) PhantomX: I love Ganon dittos. From the two days put together, I won the most matches, meaning that I am as manly, if not manlier, than Texas. GET AT ME!
25) Jash: I hope I didn't scar that Toon Link plushy of yours. You kept shying back and running away when you saw that Ganon picture.
25) Puffster: Yo, it's FAT the CAT. Just look at him! Pick up that car! Do it right now! Lol Sonic Adventures.
33) ChuDat: That second match with my Ganon was just swimming in gay men.
33) Kadaj: Bowser is very, very manly.
33) Inui: My Ganon's out for blood, son. I'll keep repping the manliest character in Brawl cause it's what I love to do.
33) EEvisu: No joke, you're the first Daydayday I ever fought in tournament. I was so close to winning and getting the legit third seed instead of being the alternate. Good job beating Hylian in tourney so I wouldn't have to fight you again, lol.
49) Ophelia: I'm kinda happy that Sonic MM didn't happen. Sonic is so annoying.
65) Clai: That is the manliest tournament player I've ever seen.
65) Kage: I showed this tournament what Ganon could do. No dittos?
-) RapidAssassin: You're a very sweet person and so nice to hang out with. Let's hope we can cross paths again.
-) Ithrowthings: Sonic makes me feel less of a man. So many mindgames. I can't handle it.
-) Scar: You know you'll always get a shoutout from me, man. I'm taking your rep onto Brawl, the manliness will prevail!

GANON CHALLENGE!: I don't think I've ever felt more manly being at the receiving end of a spike than that triple murderstomp massacre. Those videos better be up soon.

TOS!!!!!: Housing was awesome, and no homo for sleeping in the same bed as Chaebo. I'd be honored to officially be in the crew. You're the best.

Everyone else I played but can't think of right now: Good games and thanks for an awesome time.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
OMG guys I did not sandbag

I had every intention of winning

I wanted to win for myself and for USA; I have wayyyyyyyyy too much pride to purposely lose the set at such a great opportunity to win. I am really competitive and I'm not going to purposely lose at a great opportunity to slightly sway a stupid metaknight argument give me a break

I was upset that I lost but not very upset about it because of the way I lost - by someone using skill (also I like Ally so it was no big deal to me ... but that certainly DOESN'T MEAN that I didn't REALLY WANT TO WIN)

and I did ask Ally if he wanted to split and he said no. I didn't really care either way though; in fact I'm kind of GLAD he said no because I wanted that epic, extremely fun fight and can't wait to do more of them in the future because that was the most fun I ever had in Brawl in my life, comparable to me vs Shiz from Revival.

(btw this is unrelated, but we split top 3 in Melee after I 3-0d Kage cuz I went upstairs and got drunk and then was too drunk to play Melee. I did manage to beat Chu in a Fox vs ICs money match in Melee tho and I beat Jman 3-1 and 3-0 in Marth vs Fox money matches. They were all really fun.)

that's why I love how this game is going after Apex. It's starting to be really fun

also ICs infinites should not be banned either altho I do think it's very cheap. That is the reason ICs are good and it takes practice to do, so banning that is like... you might as well just ban ICs. The first 2 matches that I lost in the first set... the first one was LAST HIT (like one down smash or w/e from winning I believe) while the last game was like last stock mid %. All 3 games I won in losers were last stock, and first one was last hit. The difference wasn't actually that big at all, it was just barely enough in my favor, and I was camping as hard as I Could. The only thing I think should be banned are stupid stages where luck is involved or random factors or extreme camping are involved, but honestly I don't care much either way. I'm really tired of having everything being banned it's stupid just play the game and try to win.

In crews the last day, Judge lost to Meeps ICs in crews when Judge had 3 stocks and Meep had 2, Meep won by 1 stock 50%. Not only that, Meep messed up the chain grab like 4 or 5 times, so it could have been worse if he mastered the CG better like Lain did. It was on FD, but the point is that ICs are an extremely good character. I honestly do not think I could beat Lain if he mastered that BLIZZARD WALL Thing where he makes one IC jump then the other do it and the other to make a huge blizzard wall. Once he masters ICs even more idk if I can beat him.

Ally I had every intention of winning against and I tried my hardest, but I got about like 20 IMs about Apex asking me if I sandbagged. I would not sandbag, I really really really wanted to win and Snake is also my most practiced matchup by far (computer practice). Maybe I wasn't playing my very best but I was playing at - LEAST - average, I was warmed up, and he just went super beast mode and I wish he would do that more often (he was way harder than at CoT4 because he fixed his habits, such as his air dodge habit and has more mix ups with DI now too).

Dojo I think got 2-0d by Candy in a money match, and lost to Candy 2-1 in tourney bracket (and the match Dojo won was last stock 120+ I heard). Because of Candy vs Dojo and me vs Ally, I changed my mind about Snake vs MK matchup and Snake in general. I think the matchup is dead even now, just like Marth vs Fox in Melee. Bout time the Snakes caught up to the MKs. ICs vs MK also feels very even.

edit - I'm better at being aggressive than defensive now - before Apex I practiced aggressive Metaknight a lot because being aggressive is really useful in teams and it's also way more fun. I tried to make that my style and I don't think I could go back to that camping vs a lot of characters anyway. Snake outcamps Metaknight by far guys - he has projectiles and Ally is MAD good with explosives. All that waiting around does is risk me getting hit while there's no risk of him getting hit, as well as giving him more times to set traps. I don't think a defensive style vs Snake is even good at all honestly.

edit again - I trained Ksizl a few days before Apex for FIVE HOURS AT MY HOUSE since he was willing to take public transportation down here. He wanted to improve really badly, and he told me it took like 4 hours to get here even though it's only an hour and a half drive if he woulda got a ride (idk why it took that long, I'm just telling you what he told me). I also taught him Atomsk's weakness vs Tornado - that once you move away from him he thinks you are retreating for good - and then you can hit him with the very end of the tornado. Ksizl said my advice helped a lot to make him do as good as he did, as well as helping vs other people. 5 hours of MK dittoing me and listening to my advice I guess helps a lot (also their set was 2-1). Atomsk took me to last stock 60% with DDD and I'm good vs DDD. I don't think that matchup is that bad anymore either, but MK definitely has the clear advantage in it.

By the way, MKs down throw isn't even that good vs Snake. At Cat 4 and CoT4, Ally always DId my down throws up and towards me and air dodged soon after, but never fast enough to air dodge my Uair (I don't know why, but you can immediately air dodge it and be safe from the Uair or Fair if you know MK will do that). He kept DIing away, and he also did a lot less air dodges and reacted to down throw really well every time. I was always able to easily get him into the air and juggle him with Uairs, while this time he did not allow that to be possible. Snake easily beats MK on the ground, while MK has the advantage in the air, but Snake has a lot more options in the air than most people think. Bairs, Nairs, Fairs are good too if you use it smart, Dairs can be good because it starts fast so you can use it when you are being juggled by MKs Uair, and B pivoting and holding nades are good too. Random fast falls or not fast falling can be good mix ups as well (and if you saved your double jump, you can DJ then C4). I am convinced that the odds of hitting MK out of down throw are greater than 50/50 after playing Afro thunder and Ally... I mixed it up randomly all the time and they got me like at least 2/3rds of the time x_x
I posted this once so I am posting it again

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
1: Ally gj getting 1st to bad we had to stop our MM next time I suppose we can get an official round 2 lol
2: Mew2King Nice friendlies as always, I needto come to Jersey for acouple of days and train with you :)
3: Lain our matches were mad fun :) You like the wavelanding dont you :grin:
4: Anti nice job placing so well and fun friendlies, next time we can do our team MM's
5: Atomsk :) we didnt play that much this time, but good seeing you again
5: Ksizzle good games man you surprised me :) lol shieldbreaker
7: ADHD we didnt play any singles....
7: Anther we never got to play more, nice job placing tho
9: Seibrik always good to see you man :) Im gonna try to come down to Florida sometime soon
9: Candy :( we didnt do so hot this time around
9: NinjaLink how you like me snake :) lmao jk, gg's
9: Blackwaltz I didnt get to play you
13: Afro Thunder nice seeing you man your awesome, lol "Dis nigg@ Afro dropped a doughnut on my shoe!"
13: Dojo good to see you again, hopefully next time we'll play more
13: Ultimate Razer your snake is pretty good, next time we should play more than one match lol
13: HolyNightmare we still have never played
17: Y.b.M Will Smith Jr. lol jk your kirby is pretty solid
17: UTD Zac we didnt play :(
17: Slikvik nice job
17: Dazwa we didnt get to play
17: NEO gj gay we hadto play in losers tho
17: Boss :)
17: Plankk :)
17: Light :)
25: Hylian snake dittos are fun
25: Meep! your funny when your high lol
25: PhantomX your wario is pretty good
25: kornnn(METAKNIGHT)
25: ESOJ I dont look like anther lmao

DMBrandon your awesome dude :)

I'll finish later gotta take my exam now :)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I posted this once so I am posting it again
Good read ^_^ I'm not surprised a lot of people thought you were sandbagging, since you like, never lose. But then again, Ally almost never loses either, so one of you had to :/

They were really amazing games though, I never thought I would find a Snake vs MK match exciting, but this changed my mind.

That Fair spike he did off the side of Halberd was one of the most ballsy things I've seen in a while.

Good games to both of you.

And no, IC chaingrabs should not be banned, wtf. @_@
They're not broken, but they DO make fighting Ice Climbers incredibly boring.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
90% of the homosexual posts are coming from New Jersey, it will be 100% once PRiDE steps in here.
LMAO.. I was way ahead of you ANTI, I posted something about CHU looking hot with the Mexican look pages back. ;P

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i read ur whole post u reposted m2k and i think everyone should read that. seriously u did not sand bag for mk's banning sake lmfao. ally jsut got super smart and better.

as for the states go, one more regional is needed. and canada does not count as usa XDDD

edit: just like m2k think im thinking mk vs snake is even now.

ice clibmers are 55-45 MK having the slight advantage.

this proves, mk should not, would not, and will not be banned. kthnxbai!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Awesome tourney guys, tons of fun. I'm pretty sure everyone there had a blast.

Only 2 tourney johns from me:

1) M2K not having to play pools and just getting first seeded by default. Not cool. Even if we all knew it would happen anyways, It's the principle of the matter.

2) Not starting some of the pools until 1:30 in the A.M. even though there were tons and tons of open TVs is another "not cool" I heard there was a problem with the printer so it's somewhat understandable, but plz keep people updated I was constantly terrified I didn't hear my pool get called and was gonna get DQ'd

Shoutouts:

MI - Holy crap you guys did great. Thanks for letting us room with you guys, you guys are awesome.

Anther - You shouldn't have lost to anti

Panda - You should've made it out of pools.

Lain - You can do whatever you want MW represent.

Y.b.M - Nice job beating chu dat in the rankings. I saw a lot of your pool matches. I LOL'd when that oli died at like 30% on frigate cause he didn't know about the right hand side. We shoulda done teams but me and epic did pretty good too so it's all good.

King Yoshi - NO MORE PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES IN THE PASSENGER SEAT. ESPECIALLY NOT ONES WITH SONIC! ALMOST GOT US KILLED. *******.

DLW - Quiet guy, you're definitely cool though. Thx for the extra gas money it really helps out.

CrossJeremiah - Thx for fixing darknes' mistake and teaching me the actual true pivot.

Plank - GAH! almost had you in that MM. Thx for not planking the whole time though. I went into the MM prepared for 8 minutes of planking. (Sonic has tons of tricks to stop planking though)

Blackanese - you somehow made our MM feel like I was playing on WiFi. I have no idea how you did that but nice.

Sonics:

Malcolm - Too bad about the tournament being on mother's day. I know you would've taken first place no problem. Sonic represent!

DA Kid - I see, no shoutout for me..... I must be forgettable. J/K man you REALLY REALLY REALLY gotta go to TYM 5 so we can have 4 sonics in the top 8. Ankoku's list would never be the same.

Kojin - thx for all those friendlies. I think I'm one of the only Sonic mains that has to truly learn the Sonic matchup (cause Shugo lives pretty close to me) and our friendlies definitely helped.

Cam - Always awesome to see you. Like I said, the more I watch you develop the more it looks like you make absolutely no mistakes on button presses. I can definitely see you becoming the best sonic main in the future.

Boxob - Don't lose to King Yoshi. Srsly... don't let it happen. Also steak

Ophelia - go back to sonic, he is the way the truth and the light.

Smurf - Scary similar to when I fought roguepit. Keep it up.

Nasty - You'll get me one of these days. I've fought Tyr though so matchup exp. is probably in my favor for the time being.

ADHD and Fatal - grrrr. we totally had that game. Hopefully we play again, that was one of the funnest doubles matches I've played.

Lobos - your TL is sick. he should call off work tommorow he's so sick.

Everyone else I played - GGs I had a blast.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Jman didn't beat me

after I 3-0d Kage I went upstairs and got drunk and then an hour later I had to do my matches while wasted so I didn't do them at all and we all split top 3. I beat Jman 3-1 and 3-0 in Marth vs Fox money matches though and beat Chu in Fox vs ICs money match while I was sober though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Getting drunk is uncontrollable, it just happens sometimes amirite? :p

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I wish Texas was pro like M2K and didn't cry about banning stuff.

Instead of banning crappy stages, we have to ban things that make characters worth playing >.<

He's sooooooooooooooo right, just play the game and try to win.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark Pch: Looks like you stepped up your game since last we saw each other. You also did way better in everything except tournament placings so far as I can tell.
Yea. I seem to have taken care of alot at this tournament. even the emo. Think my Peach is solid and good to go. Still need to remember how to fight certain characters again. Time to start scoring higer in tournies like this. I'm actually not upset about getting last in the brackets at all.

GDI!

you were the one that did that?!

Dang it! I was so close to bringing him to the light...
Sorry but I can't let that happen. To many damm meta mains. and we need skill players like Kos-Mos to boost up characters in tournaments like Peach. Meta already has all that so don't need more of that character around. People need to see Peach beasting and placing high in tournies. We need her placings to rise. Kos-Mos is a sick azz Peach player and we need him on the Peach side. Me and him gonna be working as a team to hack it with her in tournaments.

I suggest you find someone else to bring to the dark side eh?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
no i just suck *** vs mango i think i play bad vs him most of the time idk why, i just like lose my tech skill and play 10 X dumber. not that it matters ill never win vs him if he uses puff so idk why i bother even going to big melee events anymore
Because you and Mango make melee tournaments amazing, you get rides to giant melee tournaments if you ask, and you get money for 2nd place in the event you lose to mango.

Like there are no downsides.......

I mean assuming you still like to play melee I mean.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Oh i would also like to point out that my bracket consisted of the following characters diddy, grenadesnake, laserfalco, mk, diddy, olimar.

i spent the entire day sunday being annoyed. this game is gay.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh i would also like to point out that my bracket consisted of the following characters diddy, grenadesnake, laserfalco, mk, diddy, olimar.

This is comming from a man that made "Planking".............

........nah to easy, I'll stop here.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hey to be fair I didn't start that **** until this game pissed me off to the point i figured i needed to piss everyone off back. LOL

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
o wow wtf I just spent a half hour finishing my shout outs and it didnt even show up :mad:

25: Jash we didnt play at this :(

33: PGN fun team friendlies lol @ me living to 276% with bowser

33: Judge nice teams set, we should've played some singles
33: Steel2nd :) nice seeing you again man, It's always fun hanging out with you
33: HAT Hi hat :)
33: Chudat you always beat me in brawl+ lol
33: Eazy nice seeing you again, lol I had to hold you after that one combo had happened
33: Vex Kasrani we should Bowser ditto
33: Kadaj step it up you scrub :(

33: Inui we never play except for that falcon ganon lol

33: BadNewsBear I still think you look like a mini Hova lol nice seeing you again tho

33: EEvisu lol EE stepping it up

49: SK(92) sorry kid? <3 come over to my place more

49: Xisin(?) fun friendlies with you
49: KirinBlaze we need to play next time we see each other lol
49: Omniswell you mad fun to hang around dude :)
49: Dphat D Phizzle its always good to see you again :)

49: Ophelia you mindgamed me with your avatar lol you def. didn't play Sonic lol

49: D1 we need to play next time i see you :)

65: Okin OKIN!!! nice seeing you again, "Zap yo Dumb a$$"
65: Clai(MUTHA****IN GANON) ganon vs Bowser was fun :)

65: Dark. Pch Its always nice seeing you dude, lol fun Marth dittos too

65: Blackanese good to see you again :) your too funny

65: Gunblade you picked up Marth :) nice
65: Lobos take more notes form Jash lol jk <3

65: EpicProportions gg's

65: Doom(MK) did we play?

65: dj nintendo nice Bowser :) fun matches

65: Will your DK is solid :) fun friendlies as well

65: Malcom we didnt get to play
65: Pyronic~Star :) Hi P~S

Palpi Bowser vs Ike was fun

Rouge Pit your a cool guy, even when your half awake lol

Pierce we still didnt play :(

sorry if I sandbagged anyone in friendlies and stuff, I was really tired most of the time.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I definitely wont be quitting, because i wanna get better and go to oos more.
Way to much fun, FL really needs to step it up. Me and seibrik are gonna practice hard for our next tourney.

Im a poor black man, but i WILL find a way to genesis.

meepxzero

Smash Master

lol plank were u expecting to fight marios/luigis/capt falcons/pokemon trainers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom