• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Just drink some coffee or take some nice caffeine pills and you'll be awake for bracket ;o

What sucks is that I"ll be on the road when half of the good matches are going to be happening....off stream.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
yea wasnt s2j vs armada also r2 at genesis 2? dunno about pound 5 but i know they played in winners as well...

also ice/amsah r2 is also unfortunate

if any changes should be made those two look the most important imo

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
who cares about SF, MvC, MK ???
That are side events... The main event is Smash, this is apex not ****ing evo or something...

This should have streams like Genesis 2. One for Melee, another one for Brawl.
Ignorant, if it wasnt for those games, Apex probably wouldnt have as much sponsors as it got and probably wouldnt have Jaxelrods stream.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I like Pierce...

But I hate his commentary right now...so elitist, ragging on newer players, and constantly saying "why didn't player do x or y."

Gettiing pretty annoying, and makes our community look bad to others.

Get Coney and TKO up there.
Its more like the TO's name and staff would be hurt more so and for not having a mic is really no excuse, because this thing has been planned for the longest time,no?

Yeah Pierce is starting to get annoying after a few hours of hearing him.

EDIT: Has the Brawl dubs bracket been updated at all?
Keep Pierce muted, get someone who isn't a douche to commentate for the finals on Sunday.
Very legitimate complaints. I just dropped by because I wanted to apologize for my behavior last night. First off, I live in New Jersey, where this tournament is being hosted, but a lot of these competitors traveled really far, and everyone deserves respect. Around the 16 hour mark of being awake, I started to let my crankiness show, and I sincerely apologize for that. You all deserve professionalism, and I promise you, I will give nothing but that for the remainder of the event. My comments last night were completely uncalled for.

Most of you already know I have a lot of respect for Leon, Mike_Haze, and Vinnie, and all these players know I respect them, but that does not excuse my poor behavior. Additionally, I will be apologizing to every player in Shadow's pool (except Shadow, but he's in my hotel room and I've already apologized to him personally) in person, later today, on stream.

I can offer johns about how all of us have been working really hard, getting to the venue early in the morning (I'm heading over there very soon) and staying there until very late (I was there till 3am+ for the last 2 days) trying to make sure that Apex is running as smoothly as possible. It's true that not everything is going perfectly, but the same way I failed to respect each player as a person, I'm asking you all to remember that Apex staff are all people, and most of us are trying our hardest to make this as successful as possible.

For those of you that continue to hate my guts, or at least my voice, I believe DmBrandon and Doom will be commentating top 8. I will be on stream before that.

Again, my sincerest apologies to all of you. It's thanks to your combined effort that we can even bring an epic event like Apex. I'll see you on the stream, and I'll leave my rudeness and bias behind.

M@v

Subarashii!
Also you guys are blowing this out of proportion imo, yeah its behind schedule, but its not like things are complete panic mode or anything here.
Can't say anything about the stream though because I can't watch it since I'm at the event
:phone:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Also you guys are blowing this out of proportion imo, yeah its behind schedule, but its not like things are complete panic mode or anything here.
Can't say anything about the stream though because I can't watch it since I'm at the event
Yeah, as much as I complained last night, but tourney hasn't been run much worse than any other smash tournament. I think people are upset because a lot of talk was about how much of a great broadcast this would be. And it hasn't been. But still it hasn't been much worse than the typical smash stream for a major(which isn't saying much).

And it's been say before but there is no way we can have top 3 in Europe play in the 2nd round. It's disgusting.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Its not really your fault Pierce, its more like there should just be various commentators lined up and alternating so you don't have to commentate for long periods at a time, I mean you guys don't even get enough time to eat off stream it seems sometimes.

@Angel- Yeah, even though people have traveled far and paid expenses, it is still rude to make other players wait when they are on time when called for a match. Enforce that pocket DQ.

@Merkuri- Isn't the reason we have pools is so the bracket gets seeded correctly, now ofc if the pools weren't seeded by location/skill to begin with then its all for naught. I mean sure its pretty gay that the bracket was generated like that and it still could be changed, but like at just about every large tournament, someone gets thrown under the bus.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
NO. Do NOT go around assuming we will be starting 1-3 hours late. Be there ON TIME. Don't be selfish and be late. We need the effort of EVERYONE. We don't have close to as many set-ups as we did last year we need to do this soon. We CAN finish this today I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about idiot smashers taking their sweet *** time getting here and forcing us to give uneeded Dqs. Please do us a favor and be on time and don't play friendlies. We ill be xtra harsh today. I'm stressed as **** and reading some of the posts here bother me a lot. We a do this. We just ned eevryone to help.

Edit: you guys also need to realize that 400+ people in one event is hella hard to manage.

Thanks to chibo, doom,diem, vex, fats, and everyone else who helped. We are all working really hard.

And remember to follow my twitter.com/chaosmarth

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How much good does it do to tell the smash community?

I'm sure "most" (keyword) people here would understand that having a livestream is a favor and the TOs don't even owe any such audience recorded videos. You also aren't robots and you do get tired after trying to get things working smooth.

... I'm honestly more worried about how the FGC would look at something like this. :/ I've lurked that chat and it's bad enough; however, this whole fiasco only put more fuel into the fire.

With all this said, I look forward to the conclusion. I'm not sure if I'll be awake to see it all end because I'm an insomniac and all, but I hope this all ends on a better note than a lot of people lead me to believe they think it will conclude. ;~;

Think you could possibly put somebody who plays Sonic on the livestream? I'll definitely stay awake longer if I have more reason to try to support the community.

:093:

PB&J

Smash Hero
Wait,just looked @ bracket. There are like 6 foxs execept kage on one side of the bracket..thats weird if you ask me. I know shiz got second seed but him having to play hungrybox sencond round is the one thing he didnt want to do if he came to this tourny.Please fix this please since your swithching the Amsah Ice thing

Merkuri

Smash Lord
A point of correction about the whole Amsah vs Ice thing. It's in ROUND2 bracket and not ROUND1 bracket like Piece said. I hope they don't overlook when they check the bracket because of that mistake.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
This tourney is so far behind schedule and yet they've had casuals on the stream for the pass hour? WTF!?

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Very legitimate complaints. I just dropped by because I wanted to apologize for my behavior last night. First off, I live in New Jersey, where this tournament is being hosted, but a lot of these competitors traveled really far, and everyone deserves respect. Around the 16 hour mark of being awake, I started to let my crankiness show, and I sincerely apologize for that. You all deserve professionalism, and I promise you, I will give nothing but that for the remainder of the event. My comments last night were completely uncalled for.

Most of you already know I have a lot of respect for Leon, Mike_Haze, and Vinnie, and all these players know I respect them, but that does not excuse my poor behavior. Additionally, I will be apologizing to every player in Shadow's pool (except Shadow, but he's in my hotel room and I've already apologized to him personally) in person, later today, on stream.

I can offer johns about how all of us have been working really hard, getting to the venue early in the morning (I'm heading over there very soon) and staying there until very late (I was there till 3am+ for the last 2 days) trying to make sure that Apex is running as smoothly as possible. It's true that not everything is going perfectly, but the same way I failed to respect each player as a person, I'm asking you all to remember that Apex staff are all people, and most of us are trying our hardest to make this as successful as possible.

For those of you that continue to hate my guts, or at least my voice, I believe DmBrandon and Doom will be commentating top 8. I will be on stream before that.

Again, my sincerest apologies to all of you. It's thanks to your combined effort that we can even bring an epic event like Apex. I'll see you on the stream, and I'll leave my rudeness and bias behind.
It just shows that you too are human ^_^ I watched the stream pretty much the whole day and your commentary was really good. You had the audacity to come back and apologize for your behavior, which I think says a lot about your character.

Can't wait to see who's in GF.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Wow. They are really going to drop the melee stream, for SSF4. The 2nd largest melee tournament takes a back seat to a tourney with 80 something entrants. This is dumb.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This tourney is so far behind schedule and yet they've had casuals on the stream for the pass hour? WTF!?
It is as combination of two things. Alex Strife doesn't care about the Melee stream viewers, and they forced a FGC streamer on us who has no knowledge of smash and cannot take it upon themselves to get good matches on stream or even help the stream and tourney run efficiently in parallel.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Is it true Leon and Mike Haze had an MM on stream yesterday? (Or I guess technically very early Sunday, at like 1 am or something)

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Is it true Leon and Mike Haze had an MM on stream yesterday? (Or I guess technically very early Sunday, at like 1 am or something)
Yes, MikeHAZE win 3-1

asdshds I really prefer Genesis 2 stream... They ATLEAST stream'd Melee and Brawl... The main events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom