• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Running on adrenaline atm as any energy from sleep is gone. At venue since 8am and just got back. R2 pools tomorrow and ****s going to be crazy. Still looking forward to the challenge though ;D

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp

:phone:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
We ran the Ganon Gauntlet on Friday. The roster was:

DLA
Vermanubis
Vex Kasrani
Tearbear
Inui
Bloodynite
Gunblade
+ Izumi (substitute).

Our record was 20-1. We won $120, defeating challengers such as Ally, Lain, Espy, Delta-cod, Arty, Marshall, and Hylian. The only person to win the Gauntlet was Seibrik, in the very last match of the night. We tip our ornamental headdresses to him.

inb4 salt
inb4 howdopeoplelosetoganon?
inb4 IwouldhavewonifIdidit

QUIVO

Smash Master
We need better commentary. Prog and Pierce are just annoying.

The only one that was ok was the guy commentating for Melee. He had some interesting stuff to say, he just needs better partners.

M@v

Subarashii!
Some of the seeding here is very questionable, but its very hard to be perfect especially with the tourney size. Take my r1 pool for example, in order of predicted seed:
Fatal(this doesn't need explained)
Leffen(international, but wound up getting 4th seed)
M@v(power ranked 5th in PA)
Bpow(power ranked 2nd in iowa, I don't know how this was missed <_<)
Luigi sama(wound upgetting 5th seed)

Fatal and I made it out as 1st and 2nd seeds respecitvely, but what bugs me is how someone like bpow slipped through the cracks when he could of probably been a weak second seed/strong 3rd seed. Instead he was fourth. Oh well :3

:phone:

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
do you have the links for them? I wanna hear what's being said

@NoelBHungry (Noel Brown: 1862 followers):

@JWonggg @AlexValleSF4 ppl that are getting paid to run the brackets are disappearing.everyone is playing casuals.this **** is nuts!

@JWonggg @AlexValleSF4 pretty much.they don't care about any other game.smash has a mic so they can call matches but we gotta yell matches.

@AlexValleSF4 everything!the tournament started at two and there's still people that have only played 2 matches.they're not paying attention

Apex 2012 is the worst tournament I've ever been to in my life.**** this tournament!

Yayyyyy I'm in top 8 winners for marvel but this tournament is still pretty bad none the last.can't wait for this to be over tomorrow

@nycfurby (arturo sanchez, aka ts sabin, who commentated on the stream; 4828 followers)

In top 8 winners at #apex2012 for sf4. Lost to my dad @NYChrisG in mk at 5th place. Apex is takin forever

@Kim1234_ALL_DAY I wish it would finish today
@quotesdeezy (490 followers)

Immeasurable amount of shots being fired. #APEX2012

@DiNyc3st @NerdJosh Players not pleased with the disorginization but things have seemed to settle in. #APEX2012

APEX2012 streams just got blown up by the RU Screw. They blocked TwitchTV. #APEX2012

@KevinSparkz (605 followers):

@JWonggg @PR_Balrog @NoelBHungry They ran the entire tournament so terribly, primarily because the main events are Smash & Pokemon.

@JWonggg The FGC games just started today they had Melee all of yesterday. Being an NJ resident I was looking forward to this tournament.
@honzogonzo (519 followers)

this is the worst stream ever, @nycfurby please get the **** cam up and running ;_;

when a phone stream is doing more things right than a normal stream then you are doing it wrong
@CEOJebailey (2089 followers):

@KingofSarus Lol Smash at CEO... Over my dead body.
to name a few....and many people (incl. Marlinpie, arturo, quotes, and bifuteki, the guy running the stream) complained frequently about things on the stream..I think marlinpie even went and asked for a refund?

(though on the bright side plenty of them commented on how good Melee is!)

(and how much they hate Brawl lolz)

mesa23

Smash Journeyman
sad to see that stuff is going late and that people are dissatisfied with certain aspects of the tourney

still though, looking forward to melee bracket later today (hopefully all will be good with the stream and the tourney will go quick and efficient-like)

shameless is a fantastic show and emmy rossum is asiudhjsadsdjfghjdsa

Metà

Smash Master
thanks crimson! wow apex is getting a lot of hate. a lot of it seems like it's definitely justified though. I'll have to talk to some of my friends who went to it and see what the scoop is from their perspective. it seems like the fighting games had good attendance but were still put on the backburner.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
who cares about SF, MvC, MK ???
That are side events... The main event is Smash, this is apex not ****ing evo or something...

This should have streams like Genesis 2. One for Melee, another one for Brawl.

Anyway, this is so hype... I really want to see M2K/ANTi vs Kakera/Otori ...

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Brackets

Armada
Stabbedbyanipple

Bladewise
S2J

Plup
Reno

Vanz
Cyrain

Shroomed
Teczer0

Azen
IB

Linguini
KoreanDJ

Axe
StricNyN3

SFAT
Ravenlord

Chu Dat
th0rn

Westballz
Silent Wolf

Dr. PP
Zoso

Mew2King
Ambix

Leffen
Darrell

Wobbles
Unknown522

Darc
Hugs

Amsah
Weon-X

MacD
Ice

Zhu
Vist

Redd
Hax

KirbyKaze
Eggz

Eggm
Tang

HBK
DaShizWiz

Hungrybox
MattDotzeb

Jman
SwiftBass

Kage
PC Chris

Lovage
Drugged Fox

Javi
Cactuar

Tope
Tai

Colbol
Pewpewu

Sol
Chillindude829

Mango
Vudujin

*CT*

Smash Lord
What still bugs/bothers me the most right now is that I haven't seen an official update on the APEX main site for bracket updates (Brawl dubs) I know the community has given the info for the melee bracket, which I appreciate much. R2 pool updates would be nice, but it doesn't matter too much.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I have mixed feelings about this tournament

On one side imma get to watch super amazing melee matches tomorrow

On the other side this tourney is being run pretty bad and making the smash community look like ****

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
thanks crimson! wow apex is getting a lot of hate. a lot of it seems like it's definitely justified though. I'll have to talk to some of my friends who went to it and see what the scoop is from their perspective. it seems like the fighting games had good attendance but were still put on the backburner.
This is the type of seperation apex was trying to destroy. It may not be EVO but it is the first qualifier for it. The fact the fighters didn't take the effort to find the smashers when they had to do a MvC or AE match was dishartening (leaving decent people only 1 loss and your out as well as a 4 hour wait to play their first match). I think this could have been really good if all the TOs enforced what they said and worked at it. I saw DM doing hella work Alex only doing meet and greets and making apologys and doom on the mic trying to get control but his threats were empty both keitaro and M2K showed that on stream

All brawl should not have had posted pools because it left no room for change and round two went much faster after he could move people around when they were busy or missing.

The TV shortage has been a problem from the get go and I think the layout of the friendly room was kinda bad

The matches should have been called more often. This just seemed overwhelming and the people running it were being too nice and interested in the best show not the best effeciency

But apex is known for its big matches and I hope that is what everyone will remember from this one

The hyatt being the closest hotel and having unplayable tvs and a security that doesn't like noise is also a problem

neonsky777

Smash Rookie
Did anyone else notice the youtube videos under recorded matches doesn't work anymore? Youtube channel says the videos were removed. Hopefully they'll be put back up?

Edit: So I guess they're still there, but the playlists for the matches on their channel don't seem to work or something.

Metà

Smash Master
i'll do it and make updates via twitter and on the chat of the stream

edit:
Here is the bracket:
http://i39.tinypic.com/k4a1aa.gif
LOL i did the same thing but didn't see that someone else had already done it. but then once I saw this I went back and used the tio file to make my predictions on who would get top 8, by playing the tournament out in my head (the things I do late at night when I'm bored lol)

my predictions:
1. Armada
2. Mango
3. Dr. PP
4. HBox
5. Axe
6. Hax
7. M2K
8. Shroomed

I may be way off, and hella biased, but it'll be cool to see how close my predictions are.

As a side note, it kinda sucks how Ice and Amsah may have to fight each other in round 2...

*CT*

Smash Lord
Dont worry at least your doing something productive, I'm just randomly digging holes in Minecraft right now waiting for the stream to get back up at 9e....since I has insomnia xP

mesa23

Smash Journeyman
it's about 6 a.m. here and i still have like 5 episodes of shameless to watch.

i probably won't be awake to watch bracket on stream :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom