• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSP

Smash Legend
Maybe Apex should just focus on Smash next time :c

I hope the FGC has more decency at the tournament, seriously

C.J.

Smash Master
This is a gaming event guys- not a smash one. Alex wanted this to bridge the gap between traditional fighters and smash. It's not on the second stream because the person running that one went home.

Just enjoy the high level SF being played. Matches are being saved so they'll be uploaded. Melee/Brawl top 8 singles/top 4 teams will be on stream.

Seriously, relax.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
This is a gaming event guys- not a smash one.
Yeah.

People have a problem with that if you can't tell.

Matches are being saved so they'll be uploaded. Melee/Brawl top 8 singles/top 4 teams will be on stream.
Hopefully. I think a lot of the freaking out comes from this:

Well... sadly, very little Melee was recorded yesterday. Long story short, we weren't given the resources to do so, not even close. I'd like to explain further, but it's pointless right now because everyone who wasn't at the venue probably can't even imagine how messy of a situation it was.

Pools for Javi Ice and Captain Jack, and anything that was on the livestream, are recorded. But that's about it. We'll try to regroup for singles bracket as much as possible on Sunday, but if Friday was any indication, recording will be extremely difficult.
...but I'll remain hopeful. Its not ideal; I'd just like a Melee stream personally, but whatever.

C.J.

Smash Master
The thing is, they shouldn't be upset. This was never advertised as a smash event. It was always just an event and to bridge the gap.

If Apex was advertised as a "Smash event" that's one thing. But most people are just being unreasonable since they (should have) knew this wasn't just smash going into it.

But in any event, complaining isn't helpful at all. They said there are at least 4 recording set-ups for melee going and most matches are being called on those atm.

@ Icy, both communities have their immature people. You can't do anything about that though =/

All imo and afaik of course. If someone has evidence to the contrary, naturally I'd be happy to retract my statement.

Doser

Smash Ace
Really disappointed with the streaming, they stopped having 2 streams because one of them went home? How was that not thought about before having them stream for 3 days?

The tournament is way behind schedule, they are no streaming the 2 main games and we are supposed to be content with this?

I'd prefer if Alex Strife stayed away from trying to host melee events considering he doesn't care about the game at all.

LOL@ Complaining isn't helpful, how else can you give feedback? OMG JUST BE HAPPY WITH THIS SUBPAR EFFORT IF YOU COMPLAIN IT IS ONLY BAD

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I'd prefer if Alex Strife stayed away from trying to host melee events considering he doesn't care about the game at all.
Yeah man, no Alex Strife.

That'd be great for our community.

Cause we have so many national tournament organizers to begin with.

I'm unhappy with a lot of things, just like you, but to be fair, a lot of things were done right alongside the things that went wrong.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
It was advertised as a gaming tournament, it's not weird to see other games being streamed.

However, viewers are expecting the schedule to be met. If the schedule deadlines were met, we would've been able to watch almost everything one could consider worthwhile.

I stayed up all night last night in order to see Brawl crews, crews didn't happen. If crews is happening right now, I'll understand it not being streamed because SF4 Finals are more important. My complaint would be the fact that I was expecting crews yesterday, not today.

tldr: no one is mad at other games also having a chance to stand in the spotlight, the schedule should've prevented events crossing over in each other

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah so many things in this tourney could've been A LOT better. They had 2 years to work with and everything seems so disorganized. 9 hours of brawl doubles? wtf. Don't get me wrong, some matches were pretty hype, but everything was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooowwwwwwwww. No time management at all. And now they force players to wake up at 9am to do pools...

/antihypedissapointed.

C.J.

Smash Master
^^^ That I can agree with. That's also a far nicer way to voice issues. <3 Chair

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well at this rate I'm not gonna see Top 8 singles and Top 4 doubles for Brawl. They really should've gave Brawl and Melee their own streams and sticked to the schedule. Other than that the matches have been crazy hype.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
SO many streamers now for both melee and brawl you would think they would have just stuck with them. But nah, they outsourced to people who no 2 things about smash. Jack and ****. I heard someone ask if Dreamland 64 was a legal stage...its like...wtf seriously? Go **** yourself.

zmx

Smash Lord
^I'm pretty sure they'll have enough time to at least stream those. The crews battle if it hasn't happened yet will probably be compromised though.

Incidentally, I wasn't here for the last bit of doubles, who made top 4?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
The thing is, they shouldn't be upset. This was never advertised as a smash event. It was always just an event and to bridge the gap.

If Apex was advertised as a "Smash event" that's one thing. But most people are just being unreasonable since they (should have) knew this wasn't just smash going into it.
lol the website is called "apexsmash.com" ....

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
i wish m2k and axe could switch.

axe has said armada is the one player he feels powerless against, and we all know what pp is going to do to m2k. m2k vs armada and axe vs pp in quarters would be fresh and hype, assuming they all get to quarters.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Predictions for Brawl doubles: Kakera and Otori will probably get 1st. Their chances are better now than before because M2K is not in a good mood, and his play really suffers when he's not in a good mood.

Man, this is like the first time I'm gonna be hyped for quadruple MK in doubles. M2K + Anti vs Kakera+Otori is going to be LEGENDARY.

zmx

Smash Lord
Predictions for Brawl doubles: Kakera and Otori will probably get 1st. Their chances are better now than before because M2K is not in a good mood, and his play really suffers when he's not in a good mood.

Man, this is like the first time I'm gonna be hyped for quadruple MK in doubles. M2K + Anti vs Kakera+Otori is going to be LEGENDARY.
I think (and hope) Kakera and Otori will win as well for the same reasons as you plus I think they might be good enough that even on point, M2K/Anti might not be able to take them.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Wow, you guys come off so ungrateful. The guy has to manage a tournament with 400 people, not to mention the spectators. The tournament ran slower than expected because people not reporting in there matches; people were playing friendlies/money matches on TV's designated for tournament matches; people were carelessly lossing the pool sheets. Maybe it should have been done like MLG with no stream or seeding.

Alex and his comrads are doing the best they can. Unfortunately they can't take care of every little detail to satisfy every single one of you. Try to be a bit more understanding and less of being brats, c'mon now.

:phone:

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
M2K is OUT

M2K IS NOT IN THE TOURNAMENT

HE RAGEQUIT

k?

So is Axe, by the way. He went 0-2
Axe went 1-2, winning against linguini.

Also Melee top 8 will at least be livestreamed right? When would that be?

edit: The bracket shows m2k played against hax. Did he actually play or did he seriously ragequit before that match?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wow, you guys come off so ungrateful. The guy has to manage a tournament with 400 people, not to mention the spectators. The tournament ran slower than expected because people not reporting in there matches; people were playing friendlies/money matches on TV's designated for tournament matches; people were carelessly lossing the pool sheets. Maybe it should have been done like MLG with no stream or seeding.

Alex and his comrads are doing the best they can. Unfortunately they can't take care of every little detail to satisfy every single one of you. Try to be a bit more understanding and less of being brats, c'mon now.

:phone:
This sounds kinda like the Pound 5 excuses. After years of dealing with this community I would personally expect a top TO to understand how they will behave and take precautions to deal with it. Tournament Organizers and their staff should be able to get these things done.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Axe went 1-2, winning against linguini.

Also Melee top 8 will at least be livestreamed right? When would that be?

edit: The bracket shows m2k played against hax. Did he actually play or did he seriously ragequit before that match?
M2K really did ragequit out of bracket. He forfeited his match with Hax and did not play him at all.

Melee top 8 SHOULD still be livestreamed after MVC. We're all hoping. Kinda hard to say right now what exactly is going on. Hopefully the players will just play some friendlies until then, or take a break from their nerves or whatever, but I wouldn't be surprised if they want to just keep going, and I couldn't really blame them for it. Still. MUST HAS LIVESTREAM.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't care about that. I care about MvC and SF4 hijacking the stream when they should've had their own. I care about years of anticipation for certain match-ups happening without any one being able to see them. At a tournament this Smash heavy smash took a backseat to "side-events".

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Maaaan! I would have loved to see m2k hax.

Also, Spam_Arrows, I believe they were all supposed to be streamed on one stream, but they were all supposed to be at top 8. Melee isn't because of time issues. We were supposed to see brackets up till top 8 last friday.

You can't deny the other events the livestream because Melee couldn't handle its given time.

BSP

Smash Legend
Apparently, all the games were supposed to be equal at Apex
even though we know it's smash heavy, but props to Alex for trying I guess

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Maaaan! I would have loved to see m2k hax.

Also, Spam_Arrows, I believe they were all supposed to be streamed on one stream, but they were all supposed to be at top 8. Melee isn't because of time issues. We were supposed to see brackets up till top 8 last friday.

You can't deny the other events the livestream because Melee couldn't handle its given time.
But they changed the schedule AGAIN today. Melee was supposed to be before MvC. There's no apparent reason for this change.

zmx

Smash Lord
Guys, it's not the end of the world. Every match worth watching will likely be uploaded. At most you'll have to wait a day to see what you were looking for.

I'm more worried about the Brawl Crew battle because it seems that might not happen at all.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The problem with the event isn't that an earthquake struck and they had to go into crisis management. The problems seem to be entirely bad planning and bad decisionmaking.

Details will come out soon but the stream thing is a perfect issue. I volunteered to stream Melee even if only as a secondary stream. I even said I didn't need grand finals or whatever and I could just stream whatever was available for Melee. I didn't need the projector, id just be quiet and hunker down at a setup to fill in the gaps. He refused saying that EVERY BRACKET MATCH would be streamed and that I couldn't even stream as a backup because he didn't want me taking viewers away from the main stream (which isn't even a smash stream!) Because the streamer knew nothing about Melee (streamer was amazed at how Dreamland could be a neutral stage) he couldn't take initiative to get good matches on the stream even when it was featured centrally on the front page of twitch.

This and now the decision to kick Melee off the stream shows his real negligence to Melee stream viewers, which we should all take offense to, considering how developed the Melee stream watching community has become.

The stream problem was Alex Strife's CHOICE, not some accident.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Yeah man, its Melee's fault for not being able to reduce 331 players to 8 in both teams and singles in one day. We totally should have played until 3 AM to make that happen. Not like we made concessions by having 4 man pools in the first place, right?

OR, OR....its bad scheduling and management to think that a tournament of this magnitude could be crammed into one day.

OK, OK, it could be good scheduling or management if the FGC games are the priority and not Smash. After all, it can all be played off-stream right? Right?

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Guys, it's not the end of the world. Every match worth watching will likely be uploaded. At most you'll have to wait a day to see what you were looking for.

I'm more worried about the Brawl Crew battle because it seems that might not happen at all.
Everything being uploaded or whatever doesn't just magically fix the underlying problem here. We were told things that weren't true. We were led to believe things would happen that didn't. Etc.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah man, its Melee's fault for not being able to reduce 331 players to 8 in both teams and singles in one day. We totally should have played until 3 AM to make that happen. Not like we made concessions by having 4 man pools in the first place, right?

OR, OR....its bad scheduling and management to think that a tournament of this magnitude could be crammed into one day.

OK, OK, it could be good scheduling or management if the FGC games are the priority and not Smash. After all, it can all be played off-stream right? Right?
That it was bad management was exactly what I meant by that, sorry if I worded it badly.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see why Apex gave so much love to communities that continue to degrade Smash and are already hating on Apex anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom